MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Craig

All Things FireFly

7 minutes ago, Robert said:

Was looking at this earlier and was wondering why BKK was on there because they are already flying. After a while I realised that the existing flights are to DMK haha. 
Wonder if DMK will get stopped?
Operating both locations is feasible because Scoot operate to both

Oh you are right. DMK is getting axed. The BKK-PEN is not the most desirable flight schedule with a 00:50 arrival into PEN. DMK has SL and FD where as BKK has FY and TG.

17 hours ago, Craig said:

FY applied for 3x weekly BKI-PVG and another 7x weekly PEN-BKK (making it double daily PEN-BKK). Will FY have enough 737s for this operation by May? It's going to get quite crowded for PEN-BKK with 2-3x FD, 1x TG, 1x SL, and 2x daily FY.

It is reported that 1 more 737ng will be entering around that timeline but with the 737max delays into MH not sure if this is still in check. Another 2 more due by late Q3. FY to have 8 aircrafts total by end of 2024 very lackluster on MAG's part and i could probably feel FY is also frustrated by this.

8 minutes ago, jahur said:

It is reported that 1 more 737ng will be entering around that timeline but with the 737max delays into MH not sure if this is still in check. Another 2 more due by late Q3. FY to have 8 aircrafts total by end of 2024 very lackluster on MAG's part and i could probably feel FY is also frustrated by this.

My guess on the three additional B737-800NG 9M-FFF, 9M-MLK, and 9M-MLL?

1 minute ago, JuliusWong said:

My guess on the three additional B737-800NG 9M-FFF, 9M-MLK, and 9M-MLL?

MLK MLL yes but these two will only come after the 6th aircraft which was supposed to be FFF. Currently FFF has been dropped out pending some avionics upgrade. Was told the aircraft is not adequately fitted to enter into China. What aircraft no.6 is still unknown but i believe we can start asking planespotters to look out the mas hangar for any 738 that has been sitting still for more than 3 weeks once 9M-MVC has actually been delivered and doing commercial flights. 

7 minutes ago, jahur said:

MLK MLL yes but these two will only come after the 6th aircraft which was supposed to be FFF. Currently FFF has been dropped out pending some avionics upgrade. Was told the aircraft is not adequately fitted to enter into China. What aircraft no.6 is still unknown but i believe we can start asking planespotters to look out the mas hangar for any 738 that has been sitting still for more than 3 weeks once 9M-MVC has actually been delivered and doing commercial flights. 

Curious to know what makes FFF different from MLK and MLL since they are from the batch and manufactured at the same time. I landed last Sunday evening unfortunately I could not see much of the hangar. Based on the customer code -8FZ, there is only one available in the market Aeromexico XA-AMW in storage since October 2023, not sure if FY would like to stick to same customer code or they will randomly grab any random B737-800NG from the used market. There are a lot of used B737-800NG available now.

7 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

Curious to know what makes FFF different from MLK and MLL since they are from the batch and manufactured at the same time. I landed last Sunday evening unfortunately I could not see much of the hangar. Based on the customer code -8FZ, there is only one available in the market Aeromexico XA-AMW in storage since October 2023, not sure if FY would like to stick to same customer code or they will randomly grab any random B737-800NG from the used market. There are a lot of used B737-800NG available now.

Too early to speculate now as long mvc(recall it was due for delivery for late feb and it has already missed the mark) is not handed over. Fff had a few things short that most of the ml series after mlg onwards have already have them installed. 

The best is for fy to actually lease 1-2 2nd hand aircraft but as we all know MAG is very reluctant on that idea. But the slower FY is the more it will miss the bus in marketshare. Post takeover of the Sabah,  Sarawak Domestic routes and they've actually made the services even worse and inconsistent than MH with the only argument being they're about rm30-50 cheaper than MH consistently on the web bookings.

22 hours ago, jahur said:

Too early to speculate now as long mvc(recall it was due for delivery for late feb and it has already missed the mark) is not handed over. Fff had a few things short that most of the ml series after mlg onwards have already have them installed. 

The best is for fy to actually lease 1-2 2nd hand aircraft but as we all know MAG is very reluctant on that idea. But the slower FY is the more it will miss the bus in marketshare. Post takeover of the Sabah,  Sarawak Domestic routes and they've actually made the services even worse and inconsistent than MH with the only argument being they're about rm30-50 cheaper than MH consistently on the web bookings.

Given how cheap the B737-800NG lease is nowadays, I don't see why MAG is reluctant to do so. They can quite easily induct two airframes from a same source to reduce the paperwork and pre-EIS activity. However this is MAG we are talking about, they have done stranger things. I have read some bad comments on the service KCH-MYY by FY vv. Certainly looks bad on MAG overall. Now that Maswings will be bought over by Sarawak government, will they be competing with MAG? That would be interesting to see. 

Many moons ago, MH domestic route map were quite extensive.

image.png

Edited by JuliusWong

24 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

Given how cheap the B737-800NG lease is nowadays, I don't see why MAG is reluctant to do so. They can quite easily induct two airframes from a same source to reduce the paperwork and pre-EIS activity. However this is MAG we are talking about, they have done stranger things. I have read some bad comments on the service KCH-MYY by FY vv. Certainly looks bad on MAG overall. Now that Maswings will be bought over by Sarawak government, will they be competing with MAG? That would be interesting to see. 

and will they still be Enrich partners. 

There are Firefly flights with FY flight numbers and some with FM prefix

Any idea ?

4 minutes ago, BC Tam said:

There are Firefly flights with FY flight numbers and some with FM prefix

Any idea ?

Maybe code share flights?

3 hours ago, flee said:

Isn't FM the IATA code for Shanghai Airlines?

Looks like its an error FY also has the code FFM

FY.jpg

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Looks like its an error FY also has the code FFM

FY.jpg

Well FFM is the ICAO code and FY is the IATA code. So it is understandable that there is some confusion.

I am getting impression FR24 has gone bonkers - unless there is nefarious reason for the weird diversion 😀

Untitled.jpg

Edited by BC Tam