MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Tegel and Kastrup impressions:

Guys,

Watch this section for nice and sometimes unique aircraft (even for me) seen at a sunny Tegel and Kastrup airports ;) :

Berlin is the capital of Germany, yet, lot's of parliamentarians still live in the Cologne-Bonn area; they're transported back-and-forth with this former Interflug Airbus A310-300; this type of aircraft is also used for long-haul state-visits:

IPB Image

Austrian, part of the Star Alliance, usually operates Fokker aircraft into Tegel airport:

IPB Image

Luxair, the national airline of Luxembourg operates this Brasilian jet to the German capital:

IPB Image

This one is for you, Imran, your favourite European airline operating a beautiful Dutch lady :o :

IPB Image

This Fokker 50 flew in the president of Lithuania for a state visit; here she's on her way back to Vilnius:

IPB Image

Azman, here's your favourite airline, also a Star Alliance member coming in from Zurich: nice reversers in action:

IPB Image

Azahan, ofcourse I didn't forget you: how about this for a nose-shot ? note the bilangual text of Switzerland on the fuselage:

IPB Image

Air Berlin had some capacity problems and had leased-in this Bae146 of WDL for the Stansted flights:

IPB Image

This Skyteam member operates the ATR-72 between Berlin and Prague-Ruzyne; it, definitely needs a wash (is this a Skyteam attitude to have dirty planes :rofl: ) ?

IPB Image

How about a taxi like this one; the HLX.COM planes are very easy to recognize :o

IPB Image

LTU does operate to both Moscow and Sankt-Petersburg with A320's; here a take-off of a special livery "Bayern Leverkusen" football-team

IPB Image

to be continued...

Wonderful shots bro! Thanks for including a MOLEWWW...truly one of my favourite carriers! :yahoo:

I noticed some heat haze in a few of your shots, most noticeably in the "Interflug" one...Was it thaaat hot in Copenhagen? :huh: :nea:

Pieter, love the F50 shot..

thanks for sharing :D

Pieter, great shot of F50. Love it. Since when Air Baltic update their livery? Now is lime green. I prefer the blue square pattern of Air Baltic better hehe.

Look forward to drop in Netherlands to see PH-OSI at the Fokker museum. But somehow I saw some small pieces on the plane are missing. :o

Fairul, love ur F50 nose shot on your avatar. Where did you took it and what is the rego? :)

My... lots of Fokker fans here ^^

Edited by Adrian M

I noticed some heat haze in a few of your shots, most noticeably in the "Interflug" one...Was it thaaat hot in Copenhagen? :huh: :nea:

Pieter, great shot of F50. Love it. Since when Air Baltic update their livery? Now is lime green. I prefer the blue square pattern of Air Baltic better hehe.

Imran,

The "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" was shot at Tegel; guess the temp was in the 22-25 degrees range - picture was taken with max zoom of 400mm (+ 1.5 crop factor)...

Adrian,

Air Baltic was always 'well connected with SAS', and, therefor, changed the livery to a more SAS-like colour-scheme...personally, I prefer the old one more aswell...

Guys,

Don't forget to check the "Flight Logbook" section, where I placed some 'enroute'- and 'ah-moi' shots :)

Nice collection there Pieter, thanks for the Swiss.

Languages - top to bottom are German, French, Italian and Romansch. Of course, the big one is English.

Waah.. Another Colourfull pic From Berlin. Nice. Thank For Sharing Pieter.. More !! More !! :wub:

Will continue here with the TXL and CPH shots:

The Dash8-400 series really have a streamlined nose: nice and fast prop-aircraft:

IPB Image

Besides the KC10 and 2x UH1's at the military ramp, also this United States of America Citation was present:

IPB Image

Was really lucky to be able to catch this "Republic of Bulgaria" 737-500 operating on a Bulgarian flight:

IPB Image

Germania has transferred some Fokker 100's to Dba (formerly Deutsche BA), and all their aircraft now sporting the "Wilkommen zum Fussball" (Welcome to the football) titles, sponsored by Puma:

IPB Image

Here a close-up of the Puma advertisement, but on a 737:

IPB Image

Here you see the only 'all-white' KLM cityhopper Fokker 100, with additional "operated by AirExpress" titles/sticker; this due to crew-shortages of KLM cityhopper:

IPB Image

and this is how she looks like in full frame (nice taxi taking-off in the back-ground):

IPB Image

Now, we're at Kastrup airport; here a 757-200 of Icelandair (unfortunately without winglets):

IPB Image

First time, I saw the wide-body Airbus of SAS...simple yet a nice colour-scheme with these red engines:

IPB Image

Nice tail-shot of the same 340; look how close the oceanliners pass the airport (on the right):

IPB Image

to be continued...

Thanks, guys, glad you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the trip to Denmark:

Not a regular type at AMS, I was thrilled to see this A321; the 'scandinavian' lettering nicely reflecting the sunrays :good: :

IPB Image

Blue1 is a 'well connected with SAS' airline flying between all kind's of destinations in Finland from CPH; here a nose-and full-frame shot of a RJ100 (doesn't the livery look similar to SAS and AirBaltic ???):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Another Baltic carrier flying into CPH is this nicely painted Estonian 737-500, just arriving from Tallinn:

IPB Image

Regional- and domestic flights, are operated by another 'well connected with SAS' airline, called Cimber, with even a few CRJ's painted in SAS colours :o :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Really like the modern way SAS has painted the Norwegian, Swedish and Danish flags onto their fleet, and how this has been changed (again) into snowflakes :good: :

IPB Image

IPB Image

to be continued...........

Fairul, love ur F50 nose shot on your avatar. Where did you took it and what is the rego? :)

My... lots of Fokker fans here ^^

bro, i took it while im at KCH..while doing my work around the tarmac..i share with u guys later...hehehe..

Hi Pieter, really love to see the varieties of Aircrafts and liveries.

I like the one taxi and taking off pic. :yahoo:

Chaity,

Good to hear you enjoy the shots; guys, here's the next installment of the day-trip:

After returning from a 'tandas' stop, I had missed this IcelandExpress MD90, however, was able to make this shot while the bird was waiting for take-off clearance on 20R:

IPB Image

One of the best Scandinavian colourschemes is, no doubt, Norwegian.no...love the tail colours, especially:

IPB Image

Luckily, I was able to witness this Dancing Queen (of ABBA) from Latvia, before it will be painted into the new SAS-styled AirBaltic colours:

IPB Image

Also SAS is operating an aircraft in Star Alliance colours:

IPB Image

Skyways is also 'well connected with SAS' and operates Fokker 50 flights into Sweden from CPH:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Apart from the 757-200 I saw, this -300 also appeared at Kastrup airport:

IPB Image

My 2nd Luxair aircraft of the day: not a 145 (as in TXL), but this time a 135:

IPB Image

I really do love the classic lines of the MD80 nose, including the Scandinavian flags:

IPB Image

Thai operated the 747-400 in old-colours; here the Queen is taxying for runway 20R bound for BKK:

IPB Image

Not only SAS 'showed' the Star Alliance colours, also Spanair did so:

IPB Image

final part to be uploaded shortly...

wah pieter, nice one!!! the skyway's fokker 50 look so sexy in the livery... :D

Lovely shots Pieter.

I love the Hapag Lloyd one.... :)

Do PM me when you pop by to KUL.

cheers

kelvin

Will do, Kelvin, glad you like my German/Danish pictures; hint: check my signature for KUL dates B)

I will now finalize the CPH/TXL aircraft shots; hope, you'll enjoy them ;) :

Here you'll have a full-frame shot of a Mad-Dog in Snowflake colours:

IPB Image

Sterling is operating in a Braniff-style scheme (green/red/yellow/blue): here a green one, with the old tail-logo:

IPB Image

Saw this Korean freighter earlier in AMS; here in CPH, ready for departure and operating the AMS-CPH-ICN route:

IPB Image

I really like this livery on the A330, especially those red engines (taken from D-ABGC after landing):

IPB Image

Colin, is this you ? 9V-SFD just arrived and is seen here entering the freight-apron:

IPB Image

Waiting for push-back, this 'special' painted A340 passed, with "Volvo" additional stickers (sorry for the reflection in the window :angry: ):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wideroe is another 'well connected with SAS' commuter airline, operating to various destinations in Norway:

IPB Image

Finally, 3 shots taken at Berlin-Tegel:

Was really happy to see this newly delivered Embraer E170 of Finnair, operating HEL-TXL-HEL:

IPB Image

Normally, BA operates Airbuses into Berlin; was VERY happy to see this special-painted 757-200 :yahoo: :

IPB Image

Not a nose-shot a la Han, but a close-up of the BBC-won 10 year old children competition design:

IPB Image

Hope you've enjoyed these shots ... comments welcome ;)

Woooa.. Another Colourfull Pics.. Nice Pieter Love the BA Special Livery.. It Make My Day For Today.. So Happy :wub:^_^

SAS is lovely Pieter.

Signature huh? I've got that option switched off... too many weird things loading up sometimes.... :). will switch on and check...!