MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

SQ announces new route

Commencing 19th July 2006, SQ will fly SIN-MXP-BCNvv, departing SIN Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...ase/NE_1706.jsp

MXP would be a cool city to have on their network. A bit iffy about BCN though - MAD didn't go too well for them so I wonder what made them think BCN will work.

A nifty intra Europe option for those planning on doing *A RTW or Euro explorer tickets. ;)

Pretty confident that they will have full traffic rights on MXP-BCN as they did with CDG-MAD and do now with ZRH-MAN.

Edited by Keith T

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/cont...ase/NE_1706.jsp

MXP would be a cool city to have on their network. A bit iffy about BCN though - MAD didn't go too well for them so I wonder what made them think BCN will work.

A nifty intra Europe option for those planning on doing *A RTW or Euro explorer tickets. ;)

Pretty confident that they will have full traffic rights on MXP-BCN as they did with CDG-MAD and do now with ZRH-MAN.

Cool ! So only JL and SQ provide non-stop service to MXP now. Good to see them expanding. Hope SQ will go for 787 instead of 350 :)

Barcelona instead of Madrid?

Great news? More SQ customers in europe then.

This is definately a total impact to Alitalia.

Barcelona could be profitable, they have soccer, beaches, antique cities etc.

Singapore Airlines will be the only airline to fly between Singapore and both these Mediterranean cities

No doubt about that B)

Edited by Seth K

Barcelona instead of Madrid?

They actually pulled MAD sometime last year. It was a tag on to CDG. I think BCN is more of a tourist destination. I could be wrong.

Doesn't TG flies about 3 times weekly from Bangkok to Madrid via Rome? :o

TG operates on days 1..4.67 BKK-FCO-MAD with 744...

Star Alliance is expending fast 'across' the Mediterranean :mellow:

In any case: a big blow to AZ and IB, who also have to compete with LCC Vueling on these stretches...

Good news for me!! Colin, come join Triple. Wah....can go visit Barcelona FC and go sight seeing with SQ Char Boh......ahem....

Cool ! So only JL and SQ provide non-stop service to MXP now. Good to see them expanding. Hope SQ will go for 787 instead of 350 :)

I thought TG also fly to Milan as well. I remember seeing the photo at a.net

They actually pulled MAD sometime last year. It was a tag on to CDG. I think BCN is more of a tourist destination. I could be wrong.

Indeed. I flew SQ from CDG - SIN, and the incoming flight was from MAD. However, that was back in 2001.

I thought TG also fly to Milan as well. I remember seeing the photo at a.net

Indeed, TG also operates into Milan-Malpensa airport: tuesday, friday and sunday with 345/346 ;)

Indeed, TG also operates into Milan-Malpensa airport: tuesday, friday and sunday with 345/346 ;)

Wow TG has a well spread connection in Europe, and so does SQ !!!

Poor MH, no longer in that league !!!

<_>

Opss, i stand corrected. So the list should be consisting of JL, SQ and TG :)

Sign in to follow this