MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Gosh,check out these photos !

I've been to Boston during winter, and it's a heck of a month-mostly enjoyable!

The pilot must be pro, can't even see the runway!

Well, snow is fun to land on, I guess!

cool, i mean "cold"

i've been in flightsim with that situation. the pict of VS 744 is like you photoshop an original picture on a blank A4 paper.

Azuddin

OOh... Pilot Can't See the Rwy arr... ??? So How They Navigate ??? Light ???

Edited by Ibrahim

Localizer and Glidepath ;)

Guess, while on the ground, it's careful taxying with the guidance of the ground-controler B)

Localizer and Glidepath ;)

Guess, while on the ground, it's careful taxying with the guidance of the ground-controler B)

Thank Pieter.. for the explanation. :)

can make landing on icy runway? mind to tell more Pieter? how to make possible to landing on this condition? and the ground is slipery.

can make landing on icy runway? mind to tell more Pieter? how to make possible to landing on this condition? and the ground is slipery.

Ya lor...Uncle Pieter,mind to tell more about it? :lol:

May be pilot been to this situation can answer better.

I bet the pilot has to use the whole lenght of runway with full brake on.............remember during landing during snow+snowstorm on 737, the plane took a long time to make a full stop and the landing really hard too :angry:

Wow that's Awesome..

I lIke the Virgin one..

Everything on the ground seems to be White..Wonder how the Manage to find Taxiways..

But if the runway covered with snow, shouldnt it cause drag?

like a car going thru puddle of water?

Ya lor...Uncle Pieter,mind to tell more about it? :lol:

Can only explain my experiences to you of a trip, I once made, in Finland: the DC-9-50 of Finnair only used reversers during roll-out (no brakes, at least it was not felt), and at the end of the runway, there was a 'follow-me' car was waiting to guide the plane to the apron...I tell you, the weather in Finland can even be worse than the AA-picture you saw above :o

They still managed to turn-around the plane within 30 minutes, de-icing and all...kudos to these AY-staff :o

Can only explain my experiences to you of a trip, I once made, in Finland: the DC-9-50 of Finnair only used reversers during roll-out (no brakes, at least it was not felt), and at the end of the runway, there was a 'follow-me' car was waiting to guide the plane to the apron...I tell you, the weather in Finland can even be worse than the AA-picture you saw above :o

They still managed to turn-around the plane within 30 minutes, de-icing and all...kudos to these AY-staff :o

Wow,what an interesting story at all!Credits should be made to the Finnair staffs for the job well done :lol:

Thanks for that interesting story,Uncle Pieter.Glad that you willing to share your experience :lol:

the pilot can't use auto land? or IFR landing?

The DC-9-50 definitely didn't use the auto-land mode during that landing...weather was definitely IFR and the ILS was used (only at one end of the runway at Kajaani)...

Still admire that airline, for supplying safe- and reliable service in these harsh conditions :rolleyes:

If they start BKK-KUL v.v. next year, you really ought to try them B)

Since they have Extreme Harsh Weather and condition there, those pilot to fly in our weather would be a piece of cake for them just like in flying school...

Since they have Extreme Harsh Weather and condition there, those pilot to fly in our weather would be a piece of cake for them just like in flying school...

Exactly, Adrian, apart from the snowy weather, Finnair pilots are also 'one of the best' when it comes to fog: plenty of lakes overthere creating lot's of fog, especially in the Fall-period...

Even here in AMS, when everybody diverts, due to poor visibility, Finnair will still land :blink: :o ;)

Finns do very well on slippery roads - most of the rally champions come from Finland. Even F1 has its fair share of Finns - Mika and Kimi, for instance.

Edited by Attan

Even here in AMS, when everybody diverts, due to poor visibility, Finnair will still land :blink: :o ;)

I never know controllers let planes land by just judging from the airline pilot ability :mellow: ...ok everybody, forward to Paris, Finnair, clear to land :D

I never know controllers let planes land by just judging from the airline pilot ability :mellow: ...ok everybody, forward to Paris, Finnair, clear to land :D

Pilot will decide to land or make an overshoot...ATC controlers just inform them of RVR's...

Paris ??? :blink: :o :blink:

Why not Helsinki/Helsingfors ??? :D