MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wood

RNZAF 757 at KLIA today

Hi,

Royal New Zealand Airforce B757-2K2 NZ7572 was noted at KLIA today (25/04/06).

It would have departed at approx 9.40hrs for Perth WA.

Did anyone see it arrive yesterday 24/04, or depart today for Perth.

Interested to know where the aircraft arrived in from, at a guess I'd say Turkey as today

is ANZAC day here in Australia and around the world.

Cheers Greg

Gibby,

Can you update us on this one, like rego, etc ?

Hmm Interesting..Any Idea why it was at KLIA???

Greg Any Idea where The Plane Will go after going to Perth??

BAck To Auckland..??

Edited by raj

It is not the first time that the RNZAF 757 has been seen at KLIA. She, along with RNZAF 757-2K2 rego NZ7571 has been to KLIA and also the UK. Wonder what the heck the RNZAF is doing around the globe.

SV, Probably sum Military Exercie Sumwhere..

Btw does Helen Clark Fly on that Plane if she happens to go visit another Country??

Shouldn't be. I was in Wellington earlier today and I happen to pass by the War Memorial tower. I saw a group of soldiers marching in and out, together with a Maori guy dressed in native clothing. Didn't see PM Helen Clark though. I think Helen Clark should be in NZ, Australia or Turkey for ANZAC day.

Edited by S V Choong

25/4/06 0400LT. Aircraft at remote stand across from bay A10. Too dark to see the rego though.

Info from SYD, and confirmations from ML/GW in PER suggest NZ7572. She departed PER this morning for CHC and WPE. "Kiwi 142"

Yes, Helen Clark, other high ranking NZ officials, and high ranking dignatries from other countries (such as Prince Charles) have and will continue to use them. They are fitted with a 2 class interior, and still hold all the galley fixtures, seating with only the carpet from previous operator "Transavia" being replaced (even the emergency exit instructions are dutch!!). I was invited onboard this particular bird last year, its stock standard 757 inside. They will soon be upgraded and have integral airstairs (this was overlooked on initial delivery, and no stairs were brought to WPE on arrival. Once the media had cleared off, the crew embarassingly climbed down from the a/c via a rope!), an SCD (side cargo door) fitted. They plan to operate the 757's on atleast some of the Antarctic missions undertaken by the US, NZ and Italian forces (C-130's/L-100/C-17's) out of CHC each year.

At airshows, the routine put on by RNZAF 40sqn is unbelievable. Truly has to be seen to be believed!

They plan to operate the 757's on atleast some of the Antarctic missions undertaken by the US, NZ and Italian forces (C-130's/L-100/C-17's) out of CHC each year.

I guess they will have to install the ski gear on the 757s. The 757s should make the trip to Antartica faster.

Edited by S V Choong

25/4/06 0400LT. Aircraft at remote stand across from bay A10. Too dark to see the rego though.

You Got that Plane Pic kaaa Capt.Radzi. ???

Sign in to follow this