MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

EHLE Lelystad airport 09apr2006

Guys and gal(s),

Inspired by Radzi's beautiful shot of a Warrior, coupled with nice Spring weather, I decided to head (not for Schiphol about 30 miles to the West, but to) Lelystad airport, about 20 miles East from where I live ;)

There was a brisk N-W wind this afternoon, giving some spectacular cross-wind landings on EHLE's runway 23 :lol:

Hope you'll enjoy this impression, showing you "the other side" of Dutch aviation :rolleyes:

"Welcome to Lelystad Airport, ladies and gentlemen, home of the Aviodrome museum". Some people will recognize the tower of EHLE airport from the FSIM screenies ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lelystad airport is home of vliegcentrumlelystad and KLM aeroclub:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

When doing my flight-training with KLM aeroclub (before getting my US-license), I did some flights on PH-KAX, a Tomahawk, and PH-KAC plus PH-KAD, the latter two not more in the KLM Aeroclub's fleet:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Old, new, modified and nicely painted aircraft can be seen there, and.......all within 135mm range :) old = Cub, new = Katana, nice paint = Schiphol aeroclub 172, showing SPL's runway 22 threshold and the seal of Amsterdam :rolleyes:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You didn't believe you actually see "airlines" operating overhere :huh: : check this out:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

How to do a perfect cross-wind landing is shown by this little Cessna 150 (loved to do this myself also a lot in windy Florida :D :D

IPB Image

The beauty shown in Sibu, also showed up here in Lelystad (note the female "co-pilot" :o ):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope you enjoyed the small trip as much as I did...

Pieter,

nice and sharp photos

I think you have really be the close friend of your D50 already.

love those mini KLMs and Martinairs

Ah, sweet memories of Lelystad. I don't remember seeing the sun there.... :lol:

Nice selection of the light aircraft, in great light too.

BTW is the red aircraft to the left of the hanger (with the Aviodrome wording) a Starfighter (pic no 5)?

Thanks for sharing.

Kwek

p.s. the pics may be tough on those having a 56K link. (there are some @ 1500 pixel across)

Edited by Kwek

Sorry guys, just noticed the large size AFTER posting :blink: :o :huh:

Will try to re-size later...

Yes, Kwek, that's a F104 Starfighter alright, in all-red colours :angry: ...would have been better to display this in the original colours; have NOT visited the museum today, however, these 2 pictures, taken from the main road to the airport, show some planes at the outdoors-exhibition: F-104, C54, 2x C47, in between AN-2 and the PH-BUK...missed the Saab Viggen, F-27 and L-649 :angry:

Pieter,

I love the super sharp helicopter pics! "Vliegveld Lelystad" is something different indeed, but nice for a change. I use to stop here sometimes in summer on the way down to my hometown Zwolle where my roots are :D Keep these pictures coming!

Eric

Pieter...

Baaaaaahhhhh. so nice.. love all of it.. All the mini mini KLM, Martinair, esp Sabena looks nice to me.. hehe..

It's nice to see the golden Eurocopter in Sibu having ultraman colours :lol: :p And I just love Spring in the air :D Thank you Pieter for sharing.. Love ur Delta five zero :) Cheers

Pieter,

I solute you... :D

Thank you very much for these splendid pictures

Love all of them... especially the Cub...nicee.... marvelous! :lol:

And the last pix summed it all :lol:

Congrat and thanks for sharing ;)

(p.s. the chopper's pilot or the f/o female?? :unsure: )

waah, Peter, admire your pics a lot..

I love all those tiny tiny cute aircraft... :D

And nice close-up of the EC120 also...

Pieter,

what a nice weather there in europe.

PH-MLO is a Tobago or TB-10 by Socata, but what MartinAir is using is the latest version with uprated engines and 3 prop blades.

When i was in Sydney during my training days,my most hours are in the Tobago's.

Got my CPL flight check on the Trinidad or TB-20.

PH-MLP or a Tobago reminds me of the good times in Bankstown Airport Sydney, where i live, learn and got my CPL and Instrument rating. :)

Thanks for the selection of photos.

Thanks a million for the sexy shots, Pieter. Lelystad would be my kind of airport - GA planes and the Aviodrome where flightsimmers love to meet.

The chopper sequence shots are just wonderful. Norman, I think the co-pilot (the one on the left) is a lady though my eyes do play tricks on me..

Baaahhh..,

wall done uncle pieter... keep up the good work... :lol:

-cheers-