MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

AK Pax Consumes 'Nasi Lemak Cicak'

Waseem’s stomach churned and he lurched into the airplane toilet.

According to Waseem, the projectile vomiting which occurred in that cubicle was an epic spew of mind-boggling proportions.

More details please! And good morning!

Edited by Craig

The link doesn't work ?

Anyway, here is part of the article :

Waseem Abbas will never again savour nasi lemak in the same 'oh-so-yummy' manner like he used to in the past.

The 27-year-old Pakistani's gastronomic preferences were drastically altered when he discovered a cooked lizard in a nasi lemak meal served on board a flight on March 27.

When contacted by Malaysiakini yesterday, Waseem was willing to divulge the details of his stomach-churning ordeal.

“During the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching with my Malaysian wife, we ordered and shared a serving of nasi lemak.

“As I’ve always had a craving for fried ikan bilis (anchovies) served in red-hot sambal, I immediately helped myself to that portion (of the nasi lemak),” said Waseem.

Chewing on his meal, the smile on Waseem’s face suddenly turned sour when his palate encountered a peculiar taste amid the ikan bilis. It was totally unlike any ikan bilis Waseem had consumed before.

"It was crunchy," he said.

Waseem and his wife stared at their meal, and spotted an unusually shaped ‘ikan bilis’.

Once they cleared the sambal away with a spoon, to their horror, the peculiar morsel was no ikan bilis. It resembled a half-eaten fried lizard.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=613417:be-afraid-of-lizards-tony-airasia-passenger-threatens-lawsuit-over-contaminated-nasi-lemak&Itemid=3#ixzz457B87A2g
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter

It was totally unlike any ikan bilis Waseem had consumed before.

"It was crunchy," he said.

I wonder what ikan bilis this chap has been having all this while if he thinks it unusual for it to be crunchy :rolleyes:

Edited by BC Tam

I wonder what ikan bilis this chap has been having all this while if he thinks it unusual for it to be crunchy :rolleyes:

Some stalls' nasi lemak have their anchovies in the sambal. Maybe he was used to that?

Also I never tried their nasi lemak but how do they prepare the anchovies?

Some stalls' nasi lemak have their anchovies in the sambal. Maybe he was used to that?

Could be, but even when drenched in sambal sauce, there should still be some remnant of 'hard texture' (translated to crunchiness I suppose) to the ikan bilis - unless the stuff he is famiiar to is some stale, recooked/reheated concoction

Also I never tried their nasi lemak but how do they prepare the anchovies?

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/inflight-comforts/ak-in-flight-menu.page

Pic of "Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak" here show it presented as the 'fried till bone dry' variation :)

Photo of nasi lemak cicak is making its round on social media. Also the photo of the police report.

Edited by Radzi

Sign in to follow this