MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

new airline to kul

Let us hope that we get some new services soon.............

-ETIHAD starts KUL and makes KUL a hub here in SEAsia although I think BKK is already being groomed to

become their hub here. Perhaps AUH-BKK-KUL, AUH-KUL-SYD, AUH-KUL-PER & AUH-KUL-AKL on a B773ER

Not to be anxious, but no doubt Etihad will come :)

-AERLINGUS starts KUL soon and as KK Lee stated, maybe a refuelling stop to SYD or MEL if and when they get their B777 to operate DUB-KUL-SYD/MEL

Aer Lingus has 777 on order???? Well make sense if they route KUL to Australia, may be favorite hub SIN ;)

-VIRGIN ATLANTIC starts LHR-KUL-MEL/AKL on its A346 or B744

When MH end codeshare with them..........the route can be LHR-HKG-KUL or LHR-KUL-SYD or LHR-KUL.

-NORTHWEST starts DFW-NRT-KUL or DFW-NGO-KUL or DFW-AMS-KUL on its A330 or B744

I dunno bout this man, to say impossible is too much, even MH struggles with their US routes, how come a struggle US carrier want to do this route?

-NORTHWEST starts DFW-NRT-KUL or DFW-NGO-KUL or DFW-AMS-KUL on its A330 or B744

Might have a very slight chance if it's out of DTW: doubt very much, though, they'll ever start long-hauls ex DFW, being an AA-hub :o :huh:

"When MH end codeshare with them..........the route can be LHR-HKG-KUL or LHR-KUL-SYD or LHR-KUL".

Well eventually I hope they will reroute their LHR-HKG-SYD via KUL instead. Competition is great now for the HKG-LHR-HKG route with BA, VS, CX, QF and NZ on the route.

"I dunno bout this man, to say impossible is too much, even MH struggles with their US routes, how come a struggle US carrier want to do this route?"

Well I have always wondered how do other airlines such as KL, OS and LH do on their KUL-AMS/VIE/FRA-US routes ? Are there many pax using these airlines to travel to the US ? If thats the case, NW or CO may start KUL and connect either at CDG or AMS an onward to their other US destinations, right ? But I guess it is al a matter of time.

With Finnair now introducing service with effect from May 2007, it is not surprising for others to follow suit.

I hope they start services to KUL with their new aircrafts and hopefully it wont be a tag on flight from BKK for very long instead a dedicated service ?

Might have a very slight chance if it's out of DTW: doubt very much, though, they'll ever start long-hauls ex DFW, being an AA-hub :o :huh:

Opppsss I made a mistake....I meant DTW rather than DFW !!! Sorry !!!

:p

Edited by kandiah k

radzi....iran air's latest summer schedules ('06) show THR-KUL is twice weekly 747-100 - tuesdays and fridays.

looks like their traffic to KUL warrants mor than a 747SP!

Edited by Izanee

radzi....iran air's latest summer schedules ('06) show THR-KUL is twice weekly 747-100 - tuesdays and fridays.

looks like their traffic to KUL warrants mor than a 747SP!

Ok, thanks. Maybe they don't park the aircraft the whole day now. Any timings?

wow cool..Qould deffinently nice to see Finair at Kul..

Isn't there supposed to the be sumthing to do with the Routes thingy that will be Held at Klia..Sumwhere in 2007 or 2008..Can't remember what it was called..

Believe few Malaysians take European airlines (LH, OS, KL) to the US. Understand to the US West coast, MH, SQ, KE, BR, CX, CA, NW (via NRT) are favourite. For East coast, MH, SQ, TG and CX are preferred.

NW may extend their service to KUL from SIN if aircraft idling time at SIN allowed, else load from KUL doesn’t justify KUL/NRT/USA route.

Unlike Government owned airlines, most airlines decide which route to serve on profitability. In the current era of Alliance, and hub and spoke model, as KUL has limited market potential and is better served by code share, Alliance or extension from BKK or SIN.

Believe few Malaysians take European airlines (LH, OS, KL) to the US. Understand to the US West coast, MH, SQ, KE, BR, CX, CA, NW (via NRT) are favourite. For East coast, MH, SQ, TG and CX are preferred.

Agree with you here; at least on KLM, loads from KUL to the USA via AMS are minimal - connecting to other European destinations (mainly UK) or Africa is another thing :mellow:

With QF n company new route annoucment, can it be KUL, even thou it is very impossible, but-a hope doesn't hurt, right? :)

With QF n company new route annoucment, can it be KUL, even thou it is very impossible, but-a hope doesn't hurt, right? :)

A hope won't hurt but the Aussie airlines have always not preferred KUL, especially since SIN and BKK are around.

QF does not see what it is missing; so will its low cost international, JQ.

In the press release by QF group today, KUL is not mentioned at all.

Maybe if Ansett is restarted, it may consider returning to KUL.

:huh:

Sign in to follow this