MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Spotting in Singapura

Here are some screen shots from the PTV in front of me....

Welcome on board JAL 721 flight to Kuala Lumpur

IPB Image

FYI, this video clip was filmed back in the seventies...

IPB Image

please fastened seat-belt while seated

IPB Image

You may store you luggage underneath you seats

IPB Image

or at the overhead compartment

IPB Image

If you happened to use the old Motorola series handphone.... :p

IPB Image

please switch it off... :p

SQ744 sini!

IPB Image

Hi Jonathan / Kwek,

While there are so many SQ here, i tumpang tanya ah. What happened to all the Megatop, Jubilee and Leadership names ah? I see in some of the shots that there is "liquid paper" over the places where the names used to be....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

FYI, no electronic devides are to be used during take off and landing

IPB Image

Our aircraft today is Boeing 767

IPB Image

Here are the emergency exists on this plane

IPB Image

look for this sign during emergency :)

IPB Image

If the arm rests cannot.... bla bla bla... please read above

Doesnt your camera count as an electronic device? It DOES use batteries right... :lol: :lol:

Hi Kelvin:

For yr info, very soon. All the names on the SIA planes' fuselage will be all gone. sad.gif Reason is very simple. Planes are tools or flying machinery just to make monies for the Airline most importantly "SHARE HOLDERS". Names given in the past only for publicity and sound fresh to the public when the new planes arrived into the fleet. Does it make any difference if the "Megatop" Or "Jubilee" is missing or there? They are still 747-400s or 777 series flying and serving their purpose which they are built for right, do you agree? biggrin.gif That's the company current stand point. Sadly but true.

Cheers,

Colin Edited by Colin Kok

For yr info, very soon. All the names on the SIA planes' fuselage will be all gone. :( Reason is very simple. Planes are tools or flying machinery just to make monies for the Airline most importantly "SHARE HOLDERS". Names given in the past only for publicity and sound fresh to the public when the new planes arrived into the fleet. Does it make any difference if the "Megatop" Or "Jubilee" is missing or there? They are still 747-400s or 777 series flying and serving their purpose which they are built for right, do you agree? :D That's the company current stand point. Sadly but true.

Why they do this, how that small title effect the airline? No one can see it unless spotters. May be they want to save some weight :)

One point to make in regards to fleet names, if "Joe Average" approached you on the streets in Singapore, and said, "what aircraft am I flying to London" and you said, "747-400" they would more than likely stare at you in a blank look, replace that with "megatop" and they immediately know. It was a SIA legacy now unfortunately destroyed.

Why they do this, how that small title effect the airline? No one can see it unless spotters. May be they want to save some weight :)

Hmm...

The weight must be almost negligible as its probably a decal...100kg's at the most.

You mean 100 gm? ;)

Hmm...

The weight must be almost negligible as its probably a decal...100kg's at the most.

Hello good evening Seth, Liam, Imran, Kwek,

Again this is the path for the "title" to come sooner or later. Also the 744 fleet is a winding down fleet probably in 2010. Further more during the Sars period 2 years plus back. Many jumbos are flown and parked in the US Deserts. Hence the SIA livery are painted over mostly in white.

When aviation business picked up again soon after Sars. The Jumbos which are parked in the desert are reactivated and just painted back to normal cheatline livery with the title gone. Again just machines to make monies. Any care about spotters, aviation enthusiasts? U know the ans very well. :rolleyes:

Now " First to fly A380" is more important.

Welcome to the real aviation world.

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by Colin Kok

Hello good evening Seth, Liam, Imran, Kwek,

Colin, no more Imran 4 a month :lol:

Thnaks 4 the point out :)

One point to make in regards to fleet names, if "Joe Average" approached you on the streets in Singapore, and said, "what aircraft am I flying to London" and you said, "747-400" they would more than likely stare at you in a blank look, replace that with "megatop" and they immediately know. It was a SIA legacy now unfortunately destroyed.

This is so true. When I was in Singapore, a friend of mine said that she flew somewhere, and of course I asked about the plane type, she just said "how the #@#% do I know", but she could tell me that the name was Megatop...!! hahahah...

Thanks for the explanation Colin... I actually heard that it started with the A345 Leadership, sounded something like Lee the ship... and somebody didnt like it. But I guess those were just rumours I heard.