MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Bing Chu

Busy at BKI

Guess AK won't use the aerobridge anymore, so gates can be more available next time to charter/schedule flights. For sure, they don't need LCCT, they just need apron for passengers drop off and they can enter the terminal by walking unless if AK planning to make BKI as their hub, I don't see y not :)

Guess AK won't use the aerobridge anymore, so gates can be more available next time to charter/schedule flights.

AK didn't use the aerobridge for years already at BKI.

For sure, they don't need LCCT, they just need apron for passengers drop off and they can enter the terminal by walking unless if AK planning to make BKI as their hub, I don't see y not :)

Well, there are 2 terminal buildings at BKI I'ntl, Terminal 1 with 5x aerobridges and Terminal 2 (the old terminal aka Air Asia terminal) with no aerobridge at all. In this expension plan there will make the LCCT to be able to handle 5x 320 at one time (currently only 2x 733/320, if i'm not mistaken).

They do not need to do anything to the apron at T2 - it was capable of hosting a lot more than "2x 733/320" in years past, including DC-10's, A300's, Tristars.

What I think they intend to do is create some sort of warehouse design as per KLIA's LCCT to more efficiently 'process' departing and arriving pax, thus minimizing turnaround time for flying equipment and congestion at terminal building (anyone ever passed through T2 at BKI should know !)

thus minimizing turnaround time for flying equipment and congestion at terminal building (anyone ever passed through T2 at BKI should know !)

Bing,

Indeed, T2 is very congested already, even if only one AK 733 is departing :o

Why is the congestion in T2? Back then like BC Tam said, accomodating 1x DC-10, 1x A300, 3x B737 and 2x F-27 all at once is not a biggie (from memory).

Edited by S V Choong

Are you sure there where such as many as 5 plane's in the same time during the past park at terminal 2 a.k.a Air Asia terminal?

Why is the congestion in T2? Back then like BC Tam said, accomodating 1x DC-10, 1x A300, 3x B737 and 2x F-27 all at once is not a biggie (from memory).

Wow, are you sure the super small terminal can handle these many planes at once ? The terminal is so crowded (both inside the terminal building and the tarmac) when 2x AK planes are there.

hmmm... remember Air Force One parked at T2 apron few years back... just came to mind... hehe.

btw, bing chu, u the one at the end of the runway (near the horse track) 2-3 weeks back spotting aircraft right (during the KAL invasion)? driving purple unser? spotted u at the end of the runway... around afternoon from my car, white boeing 737, doing 180 at turning pan.

Yes, AF1 (NOT the Astro version !!) at BKI was quite an event. Pity one didn't have presence of mind to snap a few pics - don't even have the pics published in newspaper. Anyone can help ?!

Gosh, I hope I didn't make such a scene of myself to have been noticed by so many people. If you mean the middle aged, near botak looney trying to balance himself on a block of concrete and holding steady a camera under the blazing midday sun - yes, likely it was I !

Another mystery, why many people here think I drive a purple car ?! Well, here is my car (bambinos got in the way !)

IPB Image

Wow, are you sure the super small terminal can handle these many planes at once ? The terminal is so crowded (both inside the terminal building and the tarmac) when 2x AK planes are there.

May be I am wrong but thats what I can recall from my childhood memory. The A300 and DC-10 parked further away from the terminal and close to the runway. I remember I once saw an A300 (from HKG, MH60/61) and a DC-10 arriving from SIN or KUL. A300 parked in front of DC-10, with spare space enough to accomodate the B737s and F-27s, although I cannot remember how many B737s and F-27s at that moment.

Off-topic: BC, you have an SB plate, is that a Beaufort plate? Wonder what letter is SA*, SS* and ST* plate got up to now :) Good that you have a boy and a girl, guess it is all enough for you since you have the best of both world already :)

Edited by S V Choong

Wonder what letter is SA*, SS* and ST* plate got up to now

SA or SAA are Kota Kinabalu ones and SS aka "Syok Sendiri" :lol: :lol: is Sandakan one.

..... hows the spotting session going on lately?

Been a bit of an anti climax of late after the Korean invasion !

..... you have an SB plate, is that a Beaufort plate?

..... you have the best of both world already :)

Yes, my car was registered in Beaufort - 'simply' because at the time of purchase, KK registration was SAAxxxxC and the (chinaman) salesman refused to get me a 'C' car !! I kid you not.

I think it's up to SAAxxxxK or L nowadays

Hah-hah, it should be about the first time my kids have been described as so ! Take my word - when they get up to their mischieves, they're more like the devil reincarnated. Sorry, worse !

May be I am wrong but thats what I can recall from my childhood memory

You're not wrong - apron at T2 is actually quite spacious. Capt R's aerial shots of BKI over at A.net will show it's not much smaller than space available at T1. 2x733's is certainly no problem at the tarmac at T2. However, it would be a bit of a squeeze at departure hall if flights are at full capacity, particularly if elbow embarkation system is employed !

I remember there was one particularly busy morning when it got so jam packed (can't remember how many birds were on ground) a MH DC-10 had to wait at the runway run off for a CX L1011 to vacate its parking space. This was when the road next to Sabah Air hangar was still accessible to us spotters.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said the project would enable more aircraft including bigger ones to land and bring more tourists from international destinations, not merely to benefit a fraction of the community

Things don't work like that, big airport doesn't mean it can attarct big planes, look at KCH now......don't quote me on that :huh:

But if don't have big airport (cynics will read "elephant") pasti cannot attract big planes one !

Furthermore, if not make airport bigger, better still build new one, how to have big project ?

If no big project, how to have lucrative contract ?

If no lucrative contract, how to keep kuncus-kuncus happy ?

If no happy kuncus kuncus, how to be successful Malaysian politician ?!

:D :rolleyes: :D

Furthermore, if not make airport bigger, better still build new one, how to have big project ?

:lol: :lol:

But if don't have big airport (cynics will read "elephant") pasti cannot attract big planes one !

Satu lagi projek Kerajaan Barisan Nasional............................. :huh:

BC, you are a funny guy. I believe those are Malay words. What do you mean by kuncus-kuncus?

SA or SAA are Kota Kinabalu ones and SS aka "Syok Sendiri" is Sandakan one.

Is that a proper Malay word again? What does it mean?

Yes, my car was registered in Beaufort - 'simply' because at the time of purchase, KK registration was SAAxxxxC and the (chinaman) salesman refused to get me a 'C' car !! I kid you not.

I think it's up to SAAxxxxK or L nowadays

In case if you don't realised, we are also Chinaman in a way. What exactly do you mean by Chinaman??

Hah-hah, it should be about the first time my kids have been described as so ! Take my word - when they get up to their mischieves, they're more like the devil reincarnated. Sorry, worse !

Thats just like any other kids. I don't think I will have much time to take care of my children in the future. Neither do my fiance with the way our career is heading. So for me, a boy and a girl is just enough. Parents who have a single kid tended to spoil them badly - look at the 1 child policy in China (a huge failure produced many weak and sissy guys who are extremely spoiled and dependant on parents). :)

BC, you are a funny guy. I believe those are Malay words. What do you mean by kuncus-kuncus?

LOL my guess is Konco-konco that ment subordinates or followers. As in we chinese would say "kaki-kaki below us"

Is that a proper Malay word again? What does it mean?

Syok is unofficial malay word of feel good. As Syok Sendiri may ment full of him/herself. :lol:

:lol: SV, I guess ur BM language must been erazed after all this time u are in NZ with dominated Kiwi styled English.

Thats just like any other kids. I don't think I will have much time to take care of my children in the future. Neither do my fiance with the way our career is heading. So for me, a boy and a girl is just enough.

Thats why modern parents depend on their parents to take care of their children when they are at work.

Parents who have a single kid tended to spoil them badly - look at the 1 child policy in China (a huge failure produced many weak and sissy guys who are extremely spoiled and dependant on parents). :)

They do??? At least that is also a way to control China's population by producing sissy guys :lol:

Even more hinted when they also propose of accepting same-sex relationship identities before and such....whatever policy they call them.

So far I seen my cousin (chinese nationality) are not sissy though. :p

Japan and Korea also are dominated with metrosexuals. :)

Edited by Adrian M

Parents who have a single kid tended to spoil them badly

I beg to differ, S V Choong. Not all parents who only have single kid are like that. Some parents with single kid tend to have higher hope/expectation with their kid. Will your only daughter be a b*t*h or only son be a gan*ster, it's all up to how to teach them :) :)

And i don't think let your folks to taking care of your children is such as great idea. I'm sure many of you know why :)

Syok is unofficial malay word of feel good. As Syok Sendiri may ment full of him/herself. :lol:

"Syok Sendiri" got several meanings. "Syok Sendiri" which teenagers in Sabah always refer as "SS" mean ...... should i write the word here ? It's not a nice word, you know ? :D :D Just think about it.

SV, I guess ur BM language must been erazed after all this time u are in NZ with dominated Kiwi styled English.

Thanks for the explanation Adrian.

Before I leave Malaysia, I did not speak much English at all. Plus I went to a Chinese school for primary and half of the secondary education (up until SRP), that didn't help. I left for NZ at age of 15. So I have picked up most of my English education here in New Zealand, first couple of years has been steep learning curve for me. Interestingly, my Chinese is still better than any languages I have learned thus far as it is my mother tongue. Had the need to adjust my accent in Cantonese and Mandarin to suit Hong Kongers and Taiwanese in the early days I came here. I have not forgotten my Malay, it is just that I have never had the need improved it, guess things will be different if I lived in Malaysia. Since I went to Chinese schools, it means the standard of my Malay has nothing to shout about :lol: Isaac likes to pick me on this one!! :)

I beg to differ, S V Choong. Not all parents who only have single kid are like that. Some parents with single kid tend to have higher hope/expectation with their kid. Will your only daughter be a b*t*h or only son be a gan*ster, it's all up to how to teach them

Oopss... I don't mean it applies to your situation, "syok sendiri" here :). I have seen many bad examples of rich spoiled mainland Chinese kids here. Well anyway, as you said, it varies from situation to situation. I am not claiming that the whole truckloads of apples are rotten! Easy there, Isaac. :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

"Syok Sendiri" got several meanings. "Syok Sendiri" which teenagers in Sabah always refer as "SS" mean ...... should i write the word here ? It's not a nice word, you know ? :D :D Just think about it.

LOL :lol: I know I know Haha. We can put it as Pleasure Oneself. I didn't say anything "ah-'hem" okies it just merely direct word translate of Syok Sendiri to English word. :p Dun quote me on that :lol:

Thanks for the explanation Adrian.

Before I leave Malaysia, I did not speak much English at all. Plus I went to a Chinese school for primary and half of the secondary education (up until SRP), that didn't help. I left for NZ at age of 15. So I have picked up most of my English education here in New Zealand, first couple of years is steep learning curve for me. Interestingly, Chinese is still better than any languages I have learned thus far. Had the need to adjust my accent to suit Hong Kongers and Mandarin for Taiwanese in the early days I came here. I have not forgotten my Malay, it is just that I have never improved it. Since I went to Chinese schools, it means the standard of my Malay has nothing to shout about :lol: Isaac likes to pick me on this one!! :)

Oopss... I don't mean it applies to your situation, "syok sendiri" here :). I have seen many bad examples of rich spoiled mainland Chinese kids here. Well anyway, as you said, it varies from situation to situation. I am not claiming that the whole truckloads of apples are rotten! Easy there, Isaac. :lol:

Haha So I guess you speak english with Kiwi accent by now and know much of their encrypted slang :lol:

Haha So I guess you speak english with Kiwi accent by now and know much of their encrypted slang

To me it is just another language and a communication tool, I don't have much choice while in NZ :) Certainly wouldn't jump up and down about it :) Still feel closer when people speak to me in Chinese.

Choong, how about family problems happen? IMO, this will cause bigger problems to a kid although not be a genster or whatever.

Since I went to Chinese schools, it means the standard of my Malay has nothing to shout about :lol: Isaac likes to pick me on this one!! :)

:lol: :lol: I have forgotten many 'rare/nice' words over the last 4 years. Didn't do enough reading ...... :(

Oopss... I don't mean it applies to your situation,

:lol: I know you won't dare too (opps, sound like threat) jk :lol:

"syok sendiri" here :).

Ai shé man ...... know how to use that word already huh ?? :lol: :lol:

Sign in to follow this