MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chong WT

3 itineraries? which is which?

Let's start a bit of a discussion...I have 3 itineraries booked by a us based travel agent for my travels to the US in January. Though I know it is not on Business Class...one of the itinerary actually indicated I am. Should I therefore demand for it? Let me show you.

Screenshot_2013-12-10-00-08-41_zpsefd891

This was the original itinerary emailed to me. You can see I'm booked on Economy.

Screenshot_2013-12-10-00-10-30_zps4311ee

Since it is operated by Qatar Airways I thought I logged on and insert my frequent flyer no. Also I am able to select my seats using 1 of the 4 booking reference given on the 1st itinerary. Here I can only see the outbound itinerary and not the return and it is still in Economy.

Screenshot_2013-12-10-00-07-35_zps63a655

But when I logged on Etihad for the return flight...behold! DOH to IAD and IAD to AUH is in Business!!

Should I get my hopes up high? Is it a glitch in EY's system? Or should I demand for the supposed upgrade?

Any thoughts?

I think it's a glitch based on the AA flight-number(s) used, however, when you want to select seats, does it give you the seatplan for C or Y ?

Based on the fare-base I don't think you can DEMAND an upgrade....EY Business Class is quite nice, though :)

Nice long holiday, Kenneth, or is this a 'business'trip ?

Hi uncle pieter...ya...I kinda hope it would be 14 hours in Business rather than Economy...wishful thinking...hahaha...

I was selected to represent Malaysia in the International Leadership in Education Program...1 of the 3 from Malaysia...it's a 5 month long fellowship...

Good question...not indicated on my itinerary...so far I canoonly access my KUL-DOH seat map...not IAD yet...have to wait till I'm allowed to do online check in.

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Well done. You must check out each and every museum on the national mall...especially the air & space museum as well as its much bigger cousin near Dulles airport...and do lots of shopping...

The reason I ask cikgu, is that for example - EY uses W for business, whereas generally used as economy most other airlines.

It sounds like a mapping issue, and unfortunately I don't think you'll end up in business and there's nothing to demand. Congratulations though! :)

Hahaha...ya...true...I thought as much...anyway I'm just thankful that it is free! 14 hrs DOH to IAD...hope I survive!

QR cabin crews are friendly, plenty of time to chat up ;)

Don't forget to take Boston lobster, aged steak, baby ribs, oysters, etc in the U.S. :good:

Edited by KK Lee

Hahaha...ya...true...I thought as much...anyway I'm just thankful that it is free! 14 hrs DOH to IAD...hope I survive!

Of course you'll survive. What a fantastic trip! :)

Well done. You must check out each and every museum on the national mall...especially the air & space museum as well as its much bigger cousin near Dulles airport...and do lots of shopping...

Whatever ppl say of America, they are doing humankind a great favour by procuring priceless artifacts of our civilisation -- those awesome museums! And the ones in NYC, Philly and Boston!

Good question...not indicated on my itinerary...so far I canoonly access my KUL-DOH seat map...not IAD yet...have to wait till I'm allowed to do online check in.

That is a loooooonnnnnggggg wait.....

Congrats Kenneth! :)

I have the same 'problem' with an upcoming flight with Turkish Airlines too... Booked into W class, should have been economy restricted but the return sector is shown as "First Class" on the Turkish Airlines mobile app :p

Congrats Kenneth! :)

I have the same 'problem' with an upcoming flight with Turkish Airlines too... Booked into W class, should have been economy restricted but the return sector is shown as "First Class" on the Turkish Airlines mobile app :p

Kinda got me excited! =)

Congratulations Cikgu! :)

Please keep us updated on your trials and tribulations in NYC!

Thank you...will do...5 months in South Carolina ya'll...

I suspect your DOH-IAD is served by 777-200LR?

Most likely...and I might board the moon buggy...at IAD...

Too bad it doesn't just board you directly to the plane...that would be fun! It's actually just a terminal to terminal transfer...imagine to disembark into the buggy then sent directly to the arrival hall...that would be a novelty indeed...hahaha...

I remembered watching some air disaster movie...passengers boarded directly from the buggy onto the 742...classic...airport 57 or something like that...futuristic for me then...finally get to try it in the coming month...excited!

Sign in to follow this