MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Snowden -- Destination Cuba: Alongside empty seat 17A

"Seat 17A was empty. Someone started to applaud, someone was smiling. Half of business class and a quarter of economy class was taken up by reporters. I managed to take a couple of frames of the empty seat which became a story in itself with the lack of Snowden." ... LOL!

===

Destination Cuba: Alongside empty seat 17A
JUNE 25, 2013

Havana, Cuba

By Maxim Shemetov

I’ve never been to Cuba before. Frankly speaking, today is my first visit. It’s a very short one of only 24 hours, of which now I have only half left to walk around Old Havana and to swim in the ocean while the global hysteria over the uncatchable Edward Snowden carries on.

For me, this story started on Sunday when I woke up and slowly went to the office. It was supposed to be a usual working weekend when almost nothing happens. Almost… Incoming calls suddenly started to light up my cell phone. The big story with Snowden as the lead actor flying somewhere via Moscow began. It is hard to describe all of the next 24 hours spent in the airport, with expensive tickets booked to get inside the transit zone at Sheremetyevo and disappointment that a lot of energy was wasted while diplomats and secret services fooled us.

mdf1683852600.jpg

READ MORE HERE: http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/2013/06/25/destination-cuba-alongside-empty-seat-17a/

Hook, line and sinker........

I wonder why and how people believe he will be on that particular seat on that particular flight when he should be keeping his position as secretive as possible.

He would be a prized asset to the espionage world out there. China for one would be most interested to know how much of its own intelligent agency was spied on, and what and how their diplomats or citizens in the US or elsewhere were spooked on. Not necessarily utilised to vent revenge, but to understand and build their own version of the spying network. Spying and espionage is a country to country "game" that cannot be without. Its a matter of who got it (information) first.

It would not be surprising when some of the methods used to hijack information goes onto the silver screens in some action movies ala EagleEye stuffs.

Washington was trying to blame China earlier for spying and hacking into their systems, so much for appearing to be innocent and vulnerable, but turned out to be the biggest valiant in our life time. Bloody hypocrite.

We need more people like Snowden and Asange to keep the governments in check. Off you go Snowden, hope you find a place to stay.

For all you know, he's still in China. In any case, I think China is a great country to seek asylum in (provided they grant you freedom) -- diverse country with diverse cultures, great chows, etc. :)

Btw, if you are airside in an airport, are you legally in that country or in some sort of limbo?

Maxim should've included photos of his legs and the food he was served - that would've made a great TR :p

Hahaha ... feeble attempt at a TR.

For all you know, he's still in China. In any case, I think China is a great country to seek asylum in (provided they grant you freedom) -- diverse country with diverse cultures, great chows, etc. :)

Btw, if you are airside in an airport, are you legally in that country or in some sort of limbo?

Putin says Snowden is still at SVO:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23053915

If you cannot proceed to your destination, and cannot turn back to your point of origin then it's pretty much like Mehran Karimi Nasseri found himself in.

He could be a great asset for the Russian secret services too...not only Chinese...

Wonder when he'll continue for Ecuador, if ever

Washington was trying to blame China earlier for spying and hacking into their systems, so much for appearing to be innocent and vulnerable, but turned out to be the biggest valiant in our life time. Bloody hypocrite.

We need more people like Snowden and Asange to keep the governments in check. Off you go Snowden, hope you find a place to stay.

Agreed 100% !

You can see how the news networks today reporting on how the " terrorists " are now changing tactics and how they avoid getting caught .....the various officials from the USA warning and putting ...FEAR ..into the minds of her people and elsewhere that the world is a scarier place now that snowden has ...revealed all....

What it has really revealed is the paranoia and the extent which the USA AND HER LITTER OF PUPPIES ( ESP the UK ) will go to to cause fear and confusion just to get her own self serving way ...

The many so called dissidents the USA and her cronies have "sheltered " just to spite victim countries , now they get a good taste of their own medicine.

There will probably be more fear and confusion dramas created by the USA and her cronies in the coming weeks just to get her own revenge on all the countries involved in this brilliant move by Snowden ....LETS NOT BE FOOLED !!

Agreed 100% !

You can see how the news networks today reporting on how the " terrorists " are now changing tactics and how they avoid getting caught .....the various officials from the USA warning and putting ...FEAR ..into the minds of her people and elsewhere that the world is a scarier place now that snowden has ...revealed all....

What it has really revealed is the paranoia and the extent which the USA AND HER LITTER OF PUPPIES ( ESP the UK ) will go to to cause fear and confusion just to get her own self serving way ...

The many so called dissidents the USA and her cronies have "sheltered " just to spite victim countries , now they get a good taste of their own medicine.

There will probably be more fear and confusion dramas created by the USA and her cronies in the coming weeks just to get her own revenge on all the countries involved in this brilliant move by Snowden ....LETS NOT BE FOOLED !!

Hehe, there are many lapdogs working for the US around the globe. Now that the God Almighty US roars... nobody wants to incite them fearing there might be repercussions later on in the forms of economy, political or military interventions!

Notice the irony on how Snowden is championing whistle blowing and freedom of speech and was in a way, ahem, 'supported' by various governments which are know for upholding the said values and ideologies? The governments that traditionally lauded the values of "freedom" in a variety of forms, is now wanting to capture him? :pardon:

By the way, the US has not answered HK government's questions about hacking into the systems of HK and China. The US has not even apologised or anything. Would they ever!?

Indeed Uncle Sam is now getting a good taste of their own medicine.... Hope more of them will do the same. Now they are busy at PR, trying to make themselves look flawless... even if they have spied on you is for World peace with the same old same old hypocritical techniques no less! :D Most of us would be fooled by them as most of the world's media is still largely governed by the West, unfortunately!

Even the Aussies are worried :)

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/snowden-leaks-may-embarrass-canberra-20130625-2ov4l.html

Edited by S V Choong

I bet right now he is in the hands of Russia's FSB, in some super secret location. The Kremlin would be foolish to just let such a valuable asset sit in their transit lounge.

I think the Chinese government was foolish enough to let him leave.... Oh well, Xi Jinping had just shaked hands with Barrack Obama...

It is well done in the part of Putin by rejecting repeated calls from Uncle Sam to extradite Snowden back to the US, the Chinese government did not have bigger testicles to do that.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this