MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

Boarding music

I love muzak. It gives a light and airy mood during takeoff and a playful, but dramatic feel when landing. Few that I know:

Di mana suara burung kenari-Bolshoi ballet orchestra

Wicked game (instrumental) - Chris Isaak

God only knows - Trio rococo

German dance - Mozart

The four seasons winter - Vivaldi

Let it snow - Kenny G

Nadia's theme - Harry Mancini

I want to know what love is (instrumental) - Unknown

Friends - Trio rococo

I forgot the rest.

"And on the perfect day, the perfect note can bring you across whole oceans"

What have you listened to?

I heard airlines play music, but honestly I never heard one :p . May be they do, but I'm so happy to fly, I careless with enviroment. Next time I fly, I check it out ;)

i remeber the first time i travel on plane was for KUL-LAX back in 1995. during boarding, there's a song which appears on TV that it's MAS theme song. i don't remember the song, but part of the song goes "sama-sama, menjejak mimpi" someting like that i think :huh: :huh:

Continental plays jazz like Kenny G and Louis Armstrong, love it.

Delta used to put up some country music

America West seems to be very quiet.

Azuddin

but part of the song goes "sama-sama, menjejak mimpi" someting like that i think :huh: :huh:

You mean the song Mulanya Di Sini By Freedom. Why on earth MAS want to play a love duet song onboard :p

You mean the song Mulanya Di Sini By Freedom. Why on earth MAS want to play a love duet song onboard :p

i think that's the one. i rarely listen to malay song like 10 years ago.

Azuddin

Dang, yeah. I remember that. Its been aaaggessss. I must have been like 5 or so. 14 years back? Was it the song on the ad where there was this giant, golden wau bulan in space or smth with 747's taking off?

Dang, yeah. I remember that. Its been aaaggessss. I must have been like 5 or so. 14 years back? Was it the song on the ad where there was this giant, golden wau bulan in space or smth with 747's taking off?

i remember the golden giant wau bulan, i have a poster of it like 10 or 12 years ago. it's a picture of the giant wau bulan-like space ship with a bunch of 747 fly around it.

I remember the song used to be on most of MH ad.

Azuddin

Usually I don't pay too much attention on airline music, except for one.

When I first flew on Shenzhen Airlines from SZX - KUL, the moment I stepped onto the plane, what was playing was a very traditional Taiwanese folk song 'Wang Chun Feng". Talk about Taiwan Strait Conflict.

I remember one time when flying into HKG and PVG on MAS, the F/A decided to play the music by 12 Chinese girls who are master of traditional Chinese music instrutments (who are famous in Japan). I felt that they have aptly chosen the music especially arriving into China.

Edited by S V Choong

When I was young and travelling ocassionaly on MH, I always remember this song till now.

'To Know Malaysia, Is to love Malaysia'

People Smiling everywhere, showing just how much they care.......'

I think that was a period when they have the tourism promotion like PATA 86 (with the penyu logo on Fuselage) and also Visit Malaysia Year 1990. Correct me if I am wrong.....

What song? Mulanya di sini? :)

i'm looking for it too, especially if there's the one with the altered lyric for MH. actually MH version is different on the lyric.

I'm also looking for if there's anyway i can find some airline safety video for download, especially from CO, AWA and MH, for MH safety video, i prefer from the 1990s.

Azuddin

i'm looking for it too, especially if there's the one with the altered lyric for MH. actually MH version is different on the lyric.

I only have the original. Very 80/90-ish if you ask me. Drums sound hollow and techno. I have other MH music tho. :D On my cellphone too. Nice to daydream with while on the shuttle bus to college. Another one they played during x-mas was 'Carol of the bells'. I have that too. I played the song on wm10 and realised it was the exact one that was on one of my in-flight videos that I took earlier. 12 chinese chicks aye? Sounds like 12 girls band to me. Have you heard of 'Liu San Jie' by the band? Its mesmerizing. Quite apt if played on flights to say Beijing.

I only have the original. Very 80/90-ish if you ask me. Drums sound hollow and techno. I have other MH music tho. :D On my cellphone too. Nice to daydream with while on the shuttle bus to college. Another one they played during x-mas was 'Carol of the bells'. I have that too. I played the song on wm10 and realised it was the exact one that was on one of my in-flight videos that I took earlier. 12 chinese chicks aye? Sounds like 12 girls band to me. Have you heard of 'Liu San Jie' by the band? Its mesmerizing. Quite apt if played on flights to say Beijing.

original one is OK to me, you really have it?

Azuddin

I'm also looking for if there's anyway i can find some airline safety video for download, especially from CO, AWA and MH, for MH safety video, i prefer from the 1990s.

Azuddin

i'm looking for the songs too :)

thanks Andrew

appreciate it

Azuddin

'To Know Malaysia, Is to love Malaysia'

People Smiling everywhere, showing just how much they care.......'

When I was in Melaka, nearly all construction sites have billboard say "Visit Melaka mean Visit Malaysia" :)

z

Edited by Seth K

when i was in San Diego, I saw this one bilboard says "Visit Malaysia" not far from Balboa Park. about few miles from that bilboard, there's another bilboard says "Visit Thailand", and another says "Visit Vietnam". when i saw it, it's hard to believe that they promoting malaysia.

Azuddin

With regard to the new 1st class and biz class themesongs, where do MAS play them, aside from the ads on MAStv on the Japan website? I would love to see them play the song on certain flights say, MH001. Cabin crew would be tired of hearing it tho. :)

The songs I could recall

DomesticMH "If I Could Change the World" by Eric Clapton

some raya and deepavali instrumental songs(festive season)

Instrumental - "Against all Odds"

the rest couldnt remember but it does jazz up your landings,

Most of the songs are 80's/90's I think

Sign in to follow this