MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Danial

Malaysia Airlines slapping me with 734s and old 738s.

One more thing about 9M-MLD - MH had to produce a unique safety card just for this aircraft as the life-vest is located underneath the biz class seats, as opposed to underneath the centre-arm-rest of business class seats of all other 738s in the fleet.

There is a history behind those fabric business class seats.

When the B738 were introduced into MAS, the comes with 3-abreast business class seats, of which only 2 are sold. Needless to say, there were tons of complaints. Therefore the black leather seats were changed with the blue fabric seats,

You meant 3-abreast "business" class seats....as they were effectively Y class seats.

One major disadvantage of those leased 738s with acres of legroom infront of seats 1A & C is the lack of a closet...no place to hang one's suit....and annoying when it's a full J cabin.

There is a history behind those fabric business class seats.

When the B738 were introduced into MAS, the comes with 3-abreast business class seats, of which only 2 are sold. Needless to say, there were tons of complaints. Therefore the black leather seats were changed with the blue fabric seats,

Was this on the tail numbers OK-TVx craft?

I like that MH has had a colourful history with the 737's. Almost all series is/was in MH fleet.

Wish could go back to the halcyon days of Subang based 737's.

Edited by Newitt

No, those were during different and earlier times.

The "economy seat in business class" was during the introduction of the B738 with used aircraft, which were MLA to MLE. MLA, B and C later went to FY and becomes FFA, B and C. MLF onwards are fresh from Boeing and comes the way they are now.

I like that MH has had a colourful history with the 737's. Almost all series is/was in MH fleet.

Wish could go back to the halcyon days of Subang based 737's.

Yes indeed! MH operated/is operating every single members of B737 family except -600 and -900(at least for now). -700 was operated for government for a short period in early 90s.

Yes indeed! MH operated/is operating every single members of B737 family except -600 and -900(at least for now). -700 was operated for government for a short period in early 90s.

I believe the -700 was actually a BBJ & was used for the MASTAR business charters. After MH was renationalized it was then transferred to TUDM.

You missed out the stubby -100...MH didnt operate these too. SQ took them all after the split.

and they won't have a chance with the -600 as it is a niche aircraft, plus the -600 is officially out of production.

I believe the -700 was actually a BBJ & was used for the MASTAR business charters. After MH was renationalized it was then transferred to TUDM.

I have a Going Places issue that featured the -700 in MASTAR colours on its cover, off to my storeroom.

Wonder if a grand send off is in the pipe line for the last 734 flight when the day comes?

And talking about 737s 7 Going Places...if you check out the October issue of Going Places, there is a "photo" of a 734 (sandwich between MasWings & FY's ATR72s) with the latest iteration of the wau logo on its tail. Too bad the chap that "introduced" the latest logo to the tail didnt do a decent-enough job.

Sign in to follow this