MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Tokyo NRT/RJAA spotting

Day started with reasonably good sunshine in the morning till noon. 757 being towed to T1's rotunda building.

IPB Image

Light conditions then changed to this kind of poor light with moist air.

IPB Image

Another US visitor

IPB Image

Tower probably noticed this landing, and the female controller asked the pilot "did you encounter any windshear?". Pilot replied negative.

IPB Image

Take note of engine cover.

IPB Image

Early rotate of Reso'cha (JAL), which flies to holiday destination such as Guam or Hawaii.

IPB Image

Head to head

IPB Image

Not a daily service

IPB Image

IPB Image

This one serves TPE and HKG

IPB Image

IPB Image

Japan CAA has adopted a new rego system from pervious system. A/c are now identified by JA followed by 3 numbers (instead of 4 numbers) then last letter denoting J = JAL, A = ANA, S = SkyMark.

IPB Image

My favorite StarAlliance livery...the font is not too thick, and it's quite subtle. Clean aircraft, also 1 of ANA's two 773ER.

IPB Image

This is a daily service, always fully booked by Japanese tourists flocking to Milan or Rome throughout the year. No prizes for guessing why...

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

The Reso'chas fly to Brisbane as well. From what I've seen in photos. Not sure if they still do.

For those Reso'cha, they sometimes fly to HKG as well,

but you have to meet them by luck.

Hi Denny, you do have some special shots here.

The head to head shot is the best to me.

Seth, Sneeze, SY, all:

Reso'cha was spotted sometimes in TPE/RCTP too. There are several such as orange, pinkish colors. JAA is really a diplomatic issue between Jp-PRC-ROC, so they use JAA instead of JAL. Flights are numbered as EG***. They use the oldes kind of 743 or 742. I took it twice in 2002, but lost interest with the 70s-style (flower motif) interior, projector IFE. At that time, they give out free 1/500 JAL models to kids.

Will post more pics tonight.

p/s: Some pics are low res because I ran out of CF cards. Therefore, alternating qualities amongst the pics.

Hi Denny, you do have some special shots here.

The head to head shot is the best to me.

Thanks chaity. Will post more tonight.

p/s: I've sent a message to your PM.

Edited by Denny Yen

Seth, Sneeze, SY, all:

Reso'cha was spotted sometimes in TPE/RCTP too. There are several such as orange, pinkish colors. JAA is really a diplomatic issue between Jp-PRC-ROC, so they use JAA instead of JAL. Flights are numbered as EG***. They use the oldes kind of 743 or 742. I took it twice in 2002, but lost interest with the 70s-style (flower motif) interior, projector IFE. At that time, they give out free 1/500 JAL models to kids.

If what in my mind is correct, there should have 3 B742 with the livery of Reso'cha,

one is Bird, one is Red flower, and one is Purple flower

Correct me if I am wrong again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Light conditions then changed to this kind of poor light with moist air.

IPB Image

Denny,

Excellent shots of NRT: this is definitely my favourite - just look at the wingflex :o :o

Sorry, to only react about these great pictures today: was at CDG yesterday for a day of spotting/photographing (see also my signature): will post my 15 favourite shots ASAP ;)

Keep them coming !!! You cover a different "photographic" area, like Sneeze, Liam or me - let's make MW real worldwide when it comes to posting nice pictures B)

Denny,

Excellent shots of NRT: this is definitely my favourite - just look at the wingflex :o :o

Sorry, to only react about these great pictures today: was at CDG yesterday for a day of spotting/photographing (see also my signature): will post my 15 favourite shots ASAP ;)

Keep them coming !!! You cover a different "photographic" area, like Sneeze, Liam or me - let's make MW real worldwide when it comes to posting nice pictures B)

Thanks for your appreciation,

anyhow, hope I won't dissapoint you.

Wow Denny, nice photos, and also very interesting angles for some of them... lots of wingflex and also love the head to head one!

Before push-back at RCTP/TPE, saw this surprise visitor.

IPB Image

Proof that this pic was taken at RCTP/TPE...see the Evergreen Aviation Tech hangar.

IPB Image

A mysterious visitor...a US-registered private a/c. Could it be a VIP from Carlyle Group, who came to TPE to push the govt on arms purchase?

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

Enroute pics from RCTP/TPE to RJTT/NRT

Just passed Kagoshima waypoint...all flights entering Japan would usually overfly this point. An active volcano sits on the opposite island.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just arrived in NRT/RJTT...after having landed in Rwy 34L, we were assigned to the round/rotunda building of T1. On the way, we passed through the cargo apron.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

Sign in to follow this