MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
JuliusWong

Rumour: MASwings' new livery, cabin crew uniform, and Boeing jets

Dear all,

I was mingling with the MASwings staff at the MATTA Travel Fair 2013, when one of the operation staff said they are scheduled to unveil a new livery in October 2013 to mark its 5th year of operation. The new livery will incorporate 'elements of BIMP-EAGA', with more 'green' with all four BIMP-EAGA countries flags painted on the rudder and back of the plane.

Also included is new cabin crew uniform. The new re-branding is to coincide with the introduction of its new ATR 72-600. They are scheduled to take 16 new ATR 72-600. Captain Nawawi has stated last year they may lease more ATR 72-500 from external sources to bridge the expansion between now and the delivery of the -600 series.

In addition, MASwings is planning to include B737 fleet to fly to Hong Kong, Taiwan and other main business and manufacturing hubs in South East Asia and East Asia, first would be Hong Kong. B737 fleet plan is currently on 'active' discussion between MASwings and MH Board of Management.

On a side note, Puerto Princesa flight is now on hold due to Sultanate of Sulu's invasion on Sabah.

The staff wanted to show me the new livery, unfortunately she misplaced her file with new livery.

Hope the new livery and uniform will be good. They are now on major hiring drive and will recruit more than 100 pilots to support the new fleet. New cabin crew recruitment will commence again soon.

I bought an ATR 72-500 1:100 official model with current livery as she said it will soon run out and they are not planning to re-stock anymore. Of the 23 she brought to sell, I bought the second last one. I would like to buy the two notebooks as well, but unfortunately they ran out of stock. Any idea where I can get them? Any help is most appreciated!

Edited by JuliusWong

Dear all,

I was mingling with the MASwings staff at the MATTA Travel Fair 2013, when one of the operation staff said they are scheduled to unveil a new livery in October 2013 to mark its 5th year of operation. The new livery will incorporate 'elements of BIMP-EAGA', with more 'green' with all four BIMP-EAGA countries flags painted on the rudder and back of the plane.

Also included is new cabin crew uniform. The new re-branding is to coincide with the introduction of its new ATR 72-600. They are scheduled to take 16 new ATR 72-600. Captain Nawawi has stated last year they may lease more ATR 72-500 from external sources to bridge the expansion between now and the delivery of the -600 series.

In addition, MASwings is planning to include B737 fleet to fly to Hong Kong, Taiwan and other main business and manufacturing hubs in South East Asia and East Asia, first would be Hong Kong. B737 fleet plan is currently on 'active' discussion between MASwings and MH Board of Management.

On a side note, Puerto Princesa flight is now on hold due to Sultanate of Sulu's invasion on Sabah.

The staff wanted to show me the new livery, unfortunately she misplaced her file with new livery.

Hope the new livery and uniform will be good. They are now on major hiring drive and will recruit more than 100 pilots to support the new fleet. New cabin crew recruitment will commence again soon.

I bought an ATR 72-500 1:100 official model with current livery as she said it will soon run out and they are not planning to re-stock anymore. Of the 23 she brought to sell, I bought the second last one. I would like to buy the two notebooks as well, but unfortunately they ran out of stock. Any idea where I can get them? Any help is most appreciated!

1. Coming October will be their 6th year of operation instead of 5th...

2. Going for Jets operation rumour had been around for almost a year, hopefully with the "ambitious" aims of the state government, BOD of MH will agree it and hope they can sustain if really launching it.

3. Looking forward for the new 600 series of ATR 72...

1. Coming October will be their 6th year of operation instead of 5th...

2. Going for Jets operation rumour had been around for almost a year, hopefully with the "ambitious" aims of the state government, BOD of MH will agree it and hope they can sustain if really launching it.

3. Looking forward for the new 600 series of ATR 72...

...and don't forget the brand-new Twin Otter Series 400 as well.

Spot on! I forget about it already...the rural folks really need new DHC-6! The current one had been around for almost 3 decades!

Probably the new Otters not glamour enough to be mentioned in same breath as those new ATRs and (drool, drool) jets :lol:

Viking is coming in June/July 2013. Spoke to one of the pilots who involves in the ferry planning from Canada - Malaysia a couple of weeks ago.

:hi:

Viking is coming in June/July 2013. Spoke to one of the pilots who involves in the ferry planning from Canada - Malaysia a couple of weeks ago.

That would be an epic journey.

I believe there is an article in Airways magazine chronicling the sales trip they did before this, if anyone's interested.

That would be an epic journey.

Indeed, spoke to one of the guys who involved in the project team, tentatively, the ferry flight will take place from Victoria - ANC - eastern Russia, China - Philippines-BKI. Stopover in Russia, China and Philippines has not been determined yet. Would be an exciting journey and the ferry flight itself will be done by Malaysian pilot / engineer.

Indeed, spoke to one of the guys who involved in the project team, tentatively, the ferry flight will take place from Victoria - ANC - eastern Russia, China - Philippines-BKI. Stopover in Russia, China and Philippines has not been determined yet. Would be an exciting journey and the ferry flight itself will be done by Malaysian pilot / engineer.

With no wc onboard...or do they carry like a box just for ferry flight?

Maybe they'll carry a pee bag. I did that once when flying from Perth to Geralton, one hand on the control and the other hand doing all else while standing in between the two front seat in a C172. Use your imagination.

Maybe they'll carry a pee bag. I did that once [...].

Sorry it wasnt clear...when you said you "did that once"...you were referring to the carrying of such a bag?

Sorry it wasnt clear...when you said you "did that once"...you were referring to the carrying of such a bag?

I think he means actually doing it in one...interesting...how many of us get to start a conversation by saying... "hey...you know...I pee-ed in a pee bag once..."...awesome! Ha ha ha! Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I meant I pee-ed into a pee bag while flying.

What if the nature of emergency is more serious?

Come on guys, seriously. How long is each flight by the way? 2 hours max?

From Airliners World Feb 2013 issue.

IMAG1678_zpsb76ffe2c.jpg

IMAG1679_zps32d6f5cb.jpg

Come on guys, seriously. How long is each flight by the way? 2 hours max?

Doesn't matter how long the flight is - when you gotta go, you gotta go - seriously :lol:

Btw, the viking by Sabah Air hangar, would that not be one of those rare occasions when something interesting at BKI slipped past your eagle eyed lenses ? :)

Edited by BC Tam