MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

Distance between LCCT and KLIA MTB

i really get annoyed when the newspapers keep on saying that the lcct in klia is 20km from the mtb. that's bullshit.

its 2km away as the crow flies. even if u have to take the road all the way round....surely it can't be 20km????

rant over :)

i really get annoyed when the newspapers keep on saying that the lcct in klia is 20km from the mtb. that's bullshit.

its 2km away as the crow flies. even if u have to take the road all the way round....surely it can't be 20km????

rant over :)

I measured on my digital map of KLIA, based on actual GPS tracks, and the distance is pretty close to 19km. Yes, it's that far. See the yellow track in map below.

IPB Image

.ny

thanks naim...that's pretty weird... back tracking another 20 km from the mtb...

anyways......as the crow flies..its only 2 km! :)

In year 2000, I drove a car to the cargo terminal from the main KLIA terminal when I send my friend off. It is quite a drive.... but 19km seems unreasonable. Did any of you measure it off your car's trip meter?

Edited by S V Choong

What's keeping MAHB from allowing passengers wishing to transfer between LCCT and MTB to pass through the airport, and not around it? It saves fuel for the shuttle transport, and saves passengers time.

What's keeping MAHB from allowing passengers wishing to transfer between LCCT and MTB to pass through the airport, and not around it? It saves fuel for the shuttle transport, and saves passengers time.

Good idea. Seen this in LHR when transferring from T1/2/3 to T4. The bus actually even drives partly on the normal roads but they keep security tight because you are still in international territory as you haven't gone through immigration yet.

Maybe another idea - MH to open a couple of check in desks in LCC and AK in KLIA? Would help with the luggage situation...

They should think of this. Since the oil price increase going through airport really help the maney saving ;) . Paseenger also can view airplanes (which is awesome :) ) and for spotters to get pixs from ramp level(to whom don't have ramp access :( ). Pretty stupid to go around :rolleyes:

Suppose it was due to the buses might be running through aircraft taxiways and it is not safe. Perhaps they should build an underground / split level tunnel for this purpose? :)

Suppose it was due to the buses might be running through aircraft taxiways and it is not safe. Perhaps they should build an underground / split level tunnel for this purpose? :)

There are lots of places use airport area as shuttle access, IIRC I have been once(I tell later if I remember). No need tunnel, that just causing more $$$$, traffic lights will be all right :p , seriously, the driver knows where to stop when they see aircraft taxi :)

Why they have decided to make a big curve journey to the lcct, maybe the reason is because they are afraid the bus driver will drive like a F1 driver racing across the terminal and to the runway to reach the lcct on time, :lol: you know bus drivers now....very polite ....but in months to come they are racers....and you don't want to hear pilots reporting that they are seeing a shuttle bus in front of their aircraft ...Hmmm :lol:

based on the map, looks like the lcct is a great place to spot arrival. are we allowed to drive there?

Azuddin

Why they have decided to make a big curve journey to the lcct, maybe the reason is because they are afraid the bus driver will drive like a F1 driver racing across the terminal and to the runway to reach the lcct on time, :lol: you know bus drivers now....very polite ....but in months to come they are racers....and you don't want to hear pilots reporting that they are seeing a shuttle bus in front of their aircraft ...Hmmm :lol:

Dear flybird,

please ask the moderator to change your nickname.

thank you.

-meor a.k.a bouncer M.Wings-

based on the map, looks like the lcct is a great place to spot arrival. are we allowed to drive there?

Azuddin

i think is allowed, since 600+ parking ready... :p

<_>

why go so far ?

why not this way ? :huh:

The blue route is actually meant for authorised vehicles only. You can see the 'no entry' signs at both ends, but they have been lenient with tresspassers so far.

.ny

i think is allowed, since 600+ parking ready... :p

1100 parking corrected :)

Well, If you willing to pay 2 bucks each hour, sure why not. :D

The blue route is actually meant for authorised vehicles only. You can see the 'no entry' signs at both ends, but they have been lenient with tresspassers so far.

.ny

These are the signs I mentioned. No entry except authorised vehicles only.

IPB Image

IPB Image

.ny

Mind bogglin'...but then again what else is new with this country? ;) :lol:

Edited by H Azmal

These are the signs I mentioned. No entry except authorised vehicles only.

My guess : it doesn't take a rocket scientist to 'authorise' the LCCT-KLIA shuttle bus along the blue route. But then, who am I to certify rocket scientists ! :)

BTW, can anyone remember off hand how far it is from Subang to KLIA MTB ? And travel time compared to LCCT-KLIA ?

My guess : it doesn't take a rocket scientist to 'authorise' the LCCT-KLIA shuttle bus along the blue route. But then, who am I to certify rocket scientists ! :)

Yes, not difficult at all. The shuttle buses from KLIA to F1 Sepang Circuit during last weekend's big race used this route.

.ny

Someone please tell me... I am picking up a friend tomorrow early morning, AK ?? Macau - KUL. Am I to go to the LCCT?

Yes, tomorrow, Friday...

Friday 24/3, should be 100% at LCCT. To confirm call MAB at 03-87778888.

.ny

Sign in to follow this