MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LaurieB

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2013.

MM62226 "IAM1423" climbed to 35,000ft heading south west to Male. I guess the guys from down under will be the aerial refueler during the exercise this year, most likely the VC-10 ain't coming like 2011.

MIR, the VC10 is being withdrawn from service. There are only two or three airframes left flying and they will be gone soon. :( :(

Hi Laurie. Your are absolutely right. Alas, the VC10 tanker is no more. There may still be a couple of examples doing service as VIP transports ex Brize. But even these "Betty Specials" are no more now that her Maj is taking commercial flights. Re Umrah flights, the web-site for this (something T--- Travel) has a list of DIRECT flights!!!!! Que? Ex- Penang. Oh , I do hope so.

Take care, Kind regards

Peter

Overhead Batu Ferringhi this morning, AS355f2, Ecureuil 2, 9M-ZAS, of Solaire Helicopters.

8591829474_bdb8793512_b.jpg
20130326-IMG_0825 by Janner88, on Flickr

The serial number on the bottom of the vertical fin appears to be s/n 5508. This s/n comes up as belonging to 9M-GAC, also an AS355f2. GAC was listed for sale a couple of years ago. Can anyone confirm it became 9M-ZAS please?

Many thanks.

Edited by LaurieB

Mystery solved..thanks for the serial number Laurie. Confirmed, its previous rego is 9M-GAC.

I've been searching it for quite some time. I photographed 9M-ZAS last year but my photo wasn't sharp enough to get its serial.

Edited by MIR

Thanks MIR.

Could not come up with a latest listing of 9M- Heli registrations so was not sure if there had been a change from previous.

Edited by LaurieB

Aeronautica Militare Italiana

B767-200 Reg:MM62227 will be arriving PEN ETA 1700 today.

Saw it parked nxt to the control tower when MI354 landed in PEN at 2010hours

Air Tanker Ltd A332 (G-VYGG/ZZ336) due in tonight from RAF Brize Norton via Al Minhad. ETA 2300LT. Callsign: Towline2608.

Edited by MIR

Planned in today,

ZK-MVC ATR 72-600 Air New Zealand Link SXI1322 ETA 0800LT frm Nagpur, India

Saudi Arabian B744 TF-AMX 'Albino' due in around 1630 today frm Jeddah. Planned out at 2000 to Madinah.

Thanks for the head-up.

But what I want to ask is there is an Umrah flight scheduled ex-Penang direct Jeddah on 23rd May by MAS?

MIR is this correct? What equipment they use? 777s? MAS is supposedly phasing out all theiar 747s

THX

Well they did use the 747 - MPP, MPQ and MPM during the massive voter movement start of May and I think I've read somewhere that 2 are being maintained for charter service.

Deleted.

Edited by Waiping

Thanks for the head-up.

But what I want to ask is there is an Umrah flight scheduled ex-Penang direct Jeddah on 23rd May by MAS?

MIR is this correct? What equipment they use? 777s? MAS is supposedly phasing out all theiar 747s

THX

There was an Umrah charter flight Penang-Jeddah on 23rd May but it was operated by Eagle Express(Nas Air) 9M-ACM KNE8003.

A MAS B777 9M-MRM operated an Umrah flight on the same day but it flew KUL-JED as MH8004.

I've been informed that Virgin ATR72 VH-FVZ has started its delivery flight frm Toulouse. It was at Al-Ain,UAE yesterday.

It is expected to pass through Penang later today or tomorrow.

Edited by MIR

I've been informed that Virgin ATR72 VH-FVZ has started its delivery flight frm Toulouse. It was at Al-Ain,UAE yesterday.

It is expected to pass through Penang later today or tomorrow.

Saw it this morning at 7am while departing on MH 1137 for KUL...will post pix once I get back home

GA already started deploying their CRJ-1000 to PEN? This one caught yesterday 2/6.

431926_10152303523791091_603399062_n.jpg

Edited by Waiping