MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia plans to be the first choice for travellers

Don't be surprised people who are travelling from KUL - KCH would opt for TR as TR is offering such flight with fare might be lower than MH and AK.

Don't be surprised people who are travelling from KUL - KCH would opt for TR as TR is offering such flight with fare might be lower than MH and AK.

Not aware TR is flying KUL-KCH already ?!

Could well be a possibility when all hell breaks loose ASEAN free skies come in (nominally at least) :D

But could you be implying that flying on TR KUL-SIN and SIN-KCH combined can be cheaper than doing KUL-KCH (direct, non stop) on MH/AK ? :shok:

But could you be implying that flying on TR KUL-SIN and SIN-KCH combined can be cheaper than doing KUL-KCH (direct, non stop) on MH/AK ? :shok:

Aren't all transit flights cheaper than direct flights?

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Not aware TR is flying KUL-KCH already ?!

Could well be a possibility when all hell breaks loose ASEAN free skies come in (nominally at least) :D

I think TR has been plying the route for quite some time now. Just that they didn't survive BKI.

It may be possible since there is competition for KUL - SIN.

I nearly wanted to fly it this round back to KCH on the Deepavali one week holiday... But I think the transit time could be a day in SIN... not really keen for that.

Who would want to travel will the new cabin baggage restriction? If cannot bring in laptop into the cabin, then have to put in luggage and pay EXTRA. Then if laptop lost along the way, no replacement.

Currently AK's image is built on cheap fare, and in time other airlines may be able to match that. That's when other factors i.e. connectivity, services and other matters come into consideration. Who doesn't know how to whack price? Apart from the cheapest, what else can you offer?

Who would want to travel will the new cabin baggage restriction? If cannot bring in laptop into the cabin, then have to put in luggage and pay EXTRA. Then if laptop lost along the way, no replacement.

New cabin baggage restriction is put on hold until further notice.

Yes, the Aussies love Airasia because they can go abroad for their holidays for the price of a domestic air ticket on Aussie airlines. They almost always dominate the rush for tickets when D7 has a sale!

I can't blame them!

I've done a couple of overseas trips and flew Air Asia simply because they were so cheap. In August 2010, I went travelling around Asia. I flew Gold Coast - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Bangkok - Hong Kong - Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast. All sectors were with Air Asia except SIN-BKK was with Tiger Airways. The price I paid for all of those flights (sale fares) were less than what I would have paid to fly on a legacy carrier from Brisbane to just one Asian city and return. ie Qantas BNE-SIN, Cathay BNE-HKG, Thai BNE-BKK etc.

In February/March this year, I went to Seoul and flew Air Asia, again, because they were so cheap. $400 AUD cheaper than what it would have cost me to have flown on a Korean Air 747 400 from Sydney to Seoul and return! However, flying a morning flight from Gold Coast-KL, then an 8 hour or something layover and then a red eye from KL-Seoul was not nice! Soooo tiring! The return leg was the same! Something I would honestly rather not have to do again!

David...

I can't blame them!

I've done a couple of overseas trips and flew Air Asia simply because they were so cheap. In August 2010, I went travelling around Asia. I flew Gold Coast - Kuala Lumpur - Singapore - Bangkok - Hong Kong - Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast. All sectors were with Air Asia except SIN-BKK was with Tiger Airways. The price I paid for all of those flights (sale fares) were less than what I would have paid to fly on a legacy carrier from Brisbane to just one Asian city and return. ie Qantas BNE-SIN, Cathay BNE-HKG, Thai BNE-BKK etc.

In February/March this year, I went to Seoul and flew Air Asia, again, because they were so cheap. $400 AUD cheaper than what it would have cost me to have flown on a Korean Air 747 400 from Sydney to Seoul and return! However, flying a morning flight from Gold Coast-KL, then an 8 hour or something layover and then a red eye from KL-Seoul was not nice! Soooo tiring! The return leg was the same! Something I would honestly rather not have to do again!

David...

You gotta give it to them .... It's a "bloody" cheap , cheap airline.

However, flying a morning flight from Gold Coast-KL, then an 8 hour or something layover and then a red eye from KL-Seoul was not nice! Soooo tiring! The return leg was the same! Something I would honestly rather not have to do again!

David...

I would never do that to myself no matter how cheap the ticket is. I value my comfort and sanity too much nowadays.

Sign in to follow this