MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Chinese man warned after in-flight door mistake

Not sure about others, but the B737 main doors are definitely pug-type.

The guy said that it was his first time flying. But then, this plane was flying from DPS back to HKG. Did he get to DPS on a cruise or a boat or something else ? Okay okay. Perhaps it was his first time using the lavatory on a plane :db:

Just for a refresher, can anyone please list out the the aircraft types in service nowadays with doors that

1) open 'outwards' (does this exist ?)

2) plug type

3) slide upwards/sideways

4) any other tricks ?

Many thanks in advance :)

Looking at pictures I believe upper deck 747 emergency exit swings upwards, but how it is unlatched and how one starts to open it I'm not sure. But I like the way plug type doors on Boeing open....pull a bit in and then push out.

Assuring to note Sung's explanation.

But main doors too can be misused by crazy people like the case of Air Asia. Luckily it was still on the ground.

Edited by Rozhan

The guy said that it was his first time flying. But then, this plane was flying from DPS back to HKG. Did he get to DPS on a cruise or a boat or something else ? Okay okay. Perhaps it was his first time using the lavatory on a plane :db:

Good point Isaac, he thinks everyone is stupid enough to believe his lame excuse. it is like saying he did swim across to reach DPS. :)

During like 30 or so years ago, my aunt told us their experience travelling on plane for the very first time as student to Peninsular Malaysia...they pack and brought along food and cooking utensils thinking the flight would take hours (or even days???). But, they were asked to drop those things before boarding... :D

I was told when we were small and travelled to a foreign land, mum would bring along bottles of local KK water, to be mixed with the 'foreign' water before drinking, at least at initial stage of journey

Apparently it helped minimized risk of tummy upsets, supposedly by gently aclimatizing one's system to the foreign environment

Such parenting skills all but lost on us I'm afraid - I cannot imagine this set of parents taking up that task :)

Furthermore, the 100ml container regulation nowadays all but rule that out

And it's always so much less bothersome to just blame the inflight caterers anyway, in those cases where they did end up with tummy upsets :D

I was told when we were small and travelled to a foreign land, mum would bring along bottles of local KK water, to be mixed with the 'foreign' water before drinking, at least at initial stage of journey

Apparently it helped minimized risk of tummy upsets, supposedly by gently aclimatizing one's system to the foreign environment

Such parenting skills all but lost on us I'm afraid - I cannot imagine this set of parents taking up that task :)

Furthermore, the 100ml container regulation nowadays all but rule that out

And it's always so much less bothersome to just blame the inflight caterers anyway, in those cases where they did end up with tummy upsets :D

Is this an indication that your mum was a pharmacist or doctor? It makes a lot of sense actually.... And nowadays we are not even allowed to bring water on board....

Is this an indication that your mum was a pharmacist or doctor? It makes a lot of sense actually.... And nowadays we are not even allowed to bring water on board....

It is possible in Changi actually. They will let you to bring in your empty bottle and you can refill it inside the waiting area :)

Is this an indication that your mum was a pharmacist or doctor? It makes a lot of sense actually....

Heh heh no, mum never went to school :)

Anyway, pharmacists tend to bring along charcoal and loperamide tablets instead :)

Sign in to follow this