MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nick R.

Another overshoot at KCH!

9M-TGH - Transmile's DHL 727F. Must've been caused by the slippery runway.Similar to the SQ A310 incident.

Pics to come & thanks to Ignatius for informing me.

Oh no, not again!

Now, stop work on the terminal and concentrate on extending the runway and taxiway. Thats the only solution.

Now KCH is kinda like hotspot for aircraft incident. Stay there everyday and eventually can gey some exclusive pics. BKI? If happen any incident it's going to be a mayhem.

damm..just last week on and noe another one..This should give them a kick in the but n hopefully they do sumthin abt the runway..

Adrian,

Last time AAsia ran off at BKI is bad enough, can imagine if ran off at the end...

Yup...Both ends is deadly. Rwy 20 risk on horses, properties, buildings, civilians and Rwy 02 wreak aircraft, sea and pax life risk and also engineering hanger. BKI is no room for error or it's gonna be big. I guess newbies fly in and out of BKI gonna learn few big lessons and face the challenge that will definately sharpens their flying skills.

Edited by Adrian M

Adrian,

Last time AAsia ran off at BKI is bad enough, can imagine if ran off at the end...

hmmm... 2 incidents in less than 2 weeks. again, it could be anything from contaminated runway, human error, dog on the runway.... etc. better to not speculate :unsure:

Well it was raining cats and dogs from yesterday till late this morning. Perhaps this was the 'dog on the runway'? :lol:

Can't wait for Ignatius to post some pictures.

Bernama article picture was taken by Hairul Nizam: is this "our" Nizam ???

Congrats for having your picture placed ;) Nice shot, despite the bad weather...

Pieter..I think it is not the same ppl lar..Ours is Mohd Nizam.. :D

Anyways, is there any curse on BKI runway? :huh: Really sad to have so many incident liek this happening in Malaysia... :mellow:

DCA now sure is very busy..MH A330 last week..now Transmile 727... :angry:

Edited by Min Chun

I was at KCH this morning (Monday 27/2/06). My flight was delayed by 5 hrs. Dang! Anyway here are the pics:

0938hrs. That's the yellow culprit: 9M-TGH

IPB Image

1022hrs. Towing any moment now.

IPB Image

1034hrs. Free at last.

IPB Image

1052hrs. On the way to the cargo area.

IPB Image

Mayhem in the terminal.

IPB Image

.naim

Told you Mwingers are better than the press , we even had insiders shot ahha.. good one naim.. what equipment do u use to shoot those? Quite a zoom u have there.. :)

Here's my contribution.. (why do i have to do this everyweek???) haha :p , Didnt know about it until a friend of mine at work told me a yellow plane skidd at the airport.. i say huh?? serious?? yup serious enough.. but luckily not that serious..

This pix shows u the end of Runway 07.. and right beneath it are perimeter roads.. Shots taken near the highway road

IPB Image

This one taken near our usual spotting location.. , note that this shot is taken after they've succesfully towed/pulled a/c out of mud/earth with only the nose gear still stuck..

IPB Image

Closeup of the frontal section thats still buried.. pic not so good in quality.. bad weather.. :p

IPB Image

Now at least MH pilots get some cool weather relaxing at the terminals eheh.. all grounded

IPB Image

Okay.. one more attempt to move those dirty gears out of the mud.. This machinery was also used last week.. De JA Vuuu..!! :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Left main gear is again similarly tied to the pushback truck to pull her out of the mud.. De JA Vuu again!!!

IPB Image

See the similarity.. look back at the a330 pix taken in the a330 thread.. same style i must say... only different a/c carrier and direction of the runway..

IPB Image

Then, the rest is kapuut.. cant finish my coverage... got a call to go back to work... BOSS!!!!! And naims pix really continues where i left emm.. thanx NAIM... u make my job here easier hehe.. and stay tuned for Nick pix too... he has some as welll....

While back at work... When i saw this....I go

IPB Image

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Missed her again!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Need to go KLIA for her shots this time!!! Jonathan.. Azahan.. wait for me ya!!

Dante, thanx.. the stuff... its in keep safe for now, havent got time.. to properly scan it.. will do so this weekend... and if u notice carefully guys(look at the pix i post up above)... gate nine now has two aerobridges..didnt noe till i review it just now...

Edited by ignatius

Told you Mwingers are better than the press , we even had insiders shot ahha.. good one naim.. what equipment do u use to shoot those? Quite a zoom u have there.. :)

Lumix FZ-3 sahaja! Easy to carry when traveling. B)

While back at work... When i saw this....I go

Missed her again!!!![/color]![/size] :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Need to go KLIA for her shots this time!!! Jonathan.. Azahan.. wait for me ya!!

Hehehe...well, I caught her! 5 hours to kill maaaa...!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I flew back with the first AirAsia out of KCH today, and when we landed at KLIA, 9M-MRD landed right after us. Fast bird, this!

.naim

Naim... NooooooOOOOooooOOOooooo U damn LUCKY!!!!! Cilaka Cilaka :p :p :p

My uncle's flight from KUL was also delayed due to this incident. Sigh!

Anyway, thanx for the pics Iggy and naim :).

BTW lucky you naim, can catch the MRD. Even I still waiting and waiting to catch her here :p

KCH mau kena kasi extend lah - anyone knows what the length of the runway is?

KCH's runway is only 8500 feet if I'm not wrong. But too short for B727?

Great stuff! Deja vu except much closer up, eh Iggy? :)

And thanks to Naim too for your pics, especially the MRD ones. Never thought I'd see her in KCH...

KCH's runway is only 8500 feet if I'm not wrong. But too short for B727?

I'm not sure (maybe the experts among us can enlighten me), but a quick glance at this shows that a fully laden freighter 727 will need 13,900 ft. Of course, as in most engineering problems more than one factor is involved in making such decision.

Edited by H Azmal

Sign in to follow this