MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

2.5 hours at runway 06 at EHAM

OK, guys and gals, here is an impression of 2.5 hours spotting at runway 06 at AMS between 1200-1430 hrs; hope you like the shots taken ;)

Enroute to the runway, I saw this, especially for you Imran ;) :

IPB Image

First surprise was this all-white Fokker F50 PH-FZH of Denim operating for KLM cityhopper:

IPB Image

A view of the Martinair Cargo apron; which colours do you prefer ?:

IPB Image

A Pulkovo TU154M has been parked here for 4 days already; look at the angle of the outside engines :o :

IPB Image

Another surprise was the arrival of the Netherlands Government Fokker F70 PH-KBX (Koningin BeatriX, no doubt arriving from Turin (Olympic Winter Games); unfortunately registration and seal are grey-on-white :angry: :

IPB Image

KLM planes are always dirty, and this is some proof :lol: : just look at the large spoilers and clamshell-doors of this F100 :o :

IPB Image

Imran is always hilarious about the MD11 cockpit-windows: this one is for you ;) :

IPB Image

You can really get close to the aircraft leaving the South Cargo apron; here a nice view of the PW-engine of a Martinair MD11 - a nice "look-through" (no, no a dress :lol: ):

IPB Image

Who says, KLM cityhopper has a small fleet ??? Here a view of about 50% parked at 1300 hours; how many planes do you count ?:

IPB Image

This one is for you, Azahan, the arrival of Polar Cargo N508MC, still in ex-Atlas colours:

IPB Image

A very friendly captain, waving "good-bye" to a lot of spotters/photographers:

IPB Image

Another nice surprise was this Egyptair A320 SU-GBF:

IPB Image

Nice butt, don't you think ? Just look at the large number- and size of the spoilers (speed-brake closed already):

IPB Image

A smokey arrival on runway 06 of PH-BFK, "city of Karachi":

IPB Image

This one is for you Azman: speedbrakes still open, after turn-off from runway 06:

IPB Image

Adrian, this one is for you: the 2nd KLM cityhopper F50 in the new-colours ;) Do you prefer the old- or new-colours ?

IPB Image

About 400 tonnes resting on these 18 wheels: here PH-BUH and I got the anti-collision light :lol: :

IPB Image

This EuroAtlantic Boeing 767-300 had to operate a ArkeFly flight (due stranded 767 at Aruba), not bad !!!:

IPB Image

One of the best colours on an Airbus 320, I believe :) : unfortunately, no "flower" when reversing :angry: :

IPB Image

Like SQ, JL is part of the "WOW"-team; here the delayed arrival of JA8132:

IPB Image

Hope, you enjoyed this small spotting trip to Amsterdam's runway 06: comments welcome (still learning how to use my D50 :lol: ): pictures all un-edited...

Nice Pieter, nice. I did not know that Martin Air is based in AMS. Just saw one of their planes in SQ maintenance hangar today. Also love the BAE146 speedbrakes shot from the back. I like clamshell type of reversers. Lovely!

Thanks, LeeCH, yes, Martinair is "the other Dutch airline" as their slogan used to go ;)

Did you notice the taxiway lights in that Swiss picture ? it's alternating orange and green ;)

First surprise was this all-white Fokker F50 PH-FZH of Denim operating for KLM cityhopper:

IPB Image

Who says, KLM cityhopper has a small fleet ??? Here a view of about 50% parked at 1300 hours; how many planes do you count ?:

IPB Image

Adrian, this one is for you: the 2nd KLM cityhopper F50 in the new-colours ;) Do you prefer the old- or new-colours ?

IPB Image

Thanks Pieter for the F50 pics and dedication :)

For my oppinion, the new colors for the F50 is clean cut looking. I love it coz the livery gave the plane more clean look and also softens it. Look more like "For Her" F50. Clean engine nacelle and engine cone is absolutely a plus for browny points. ;-)

Me likey the old colors too, the one with thick black stripe from the nose until the tail. That livery translate fierce and rugged. Kinda feel like all out high density butch steel guy look but still retain the gentle, elegent and tame F50 lines and shape.

All white KLM/Denim is really interesting and reminds me of 9M-MGZ. Felt like wanna run to it and start crayoning. :p

KLM cityhopper group pics looks like chaotic KCH. haha.

Pieter,

You made me happy tonight...for 3 very important reasons...

1) You managed to shoot the "other" SkyCargo heavy...the Scania truck! :lol: IMHO, the truck mirrors the thunderous appearance of the SkyCargo 747's...very loud buggers!

2) You dedicated the MD11 photos to me...knowing fully well that I absolutely, positively, megadupperly ADORE the cockpit windows! Just fabulous!

3) The cheese you brought for me finally finished...and I managed to find Gouda with Cumin here...38 dirhams a kilo! :lol: :lol:

Keep 'em coming bro!

Thanks Pieter for the F50 pics and dedication :)

For my oppinion, the new colors for the F50 is clean cut looking. I love it coz the livery gave the plane more clean look and also softens it. Look more like "For Her" F50. Clean engine nacelle and engine cone is absolutely a plus for browny points. ;-)

KLM cityhopper group pics looks like chaotic KCH. haha.

Hope to get a new-colours nose shot for you soon: THAT would be nice :D

I counted 13 planes in that shot, while 25 Fokkers (both 50/70/100) were parked at that time :o

wow that's a lot! All brothers and sisters. Big warm family. :)

un edited photos Pieter.........????????? :huh: Good shots you got there.. :)

seems the day a bit hazy? or low viz cloud? light winds and it just stuck there!

can i go to AMS?... ;)

Pieter... Well spent 2.5hrs... you get so many nice shots.. :D

I posted in Azman's ZRH shots that I wished I could spot in ZRH

i want add here ... after ZRH, AMS... all in a day and you'll reduced the shutter life

by 25%... ahahak :lol:

Thanks for sharing.... :D

Nice pics Pieter..Really enjoyed themm..Like the shot of martinair on the ramp..

Also nice shot of the KLM 747 smacking it tyres on the runway..

Count me in, those shots are fabulous Pieter... :) i want to go there for spotting too... soo many a/c movements it seems... Your D50 serves u very well... :)

Sign in to follow this