MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
iwan

Langkawi LIMA 2011

Im already beside the runway guys!if u see a purple vios with test drive sticker..pls say hi! :)

m4303_wmkl_061211s.jpg

love this picture... :clapping:

Thank you, flee :drinks:

RMAF Sukhoi Su-30MKM

su30_wmkl.jpg

really great sequence... wish i were there to capture this moment... :good:

The morning session got me smiling wide!!dream come true to watch the eurofighter and rafale in action!no gripen flying though..will upload my

Mediocre attempts at photo taking later..

Anyway,feel free to arrange a teh tarik session here!looking forward to see you Guys! :)

some pictures of the eurofighter typhoon which appeared out of nowhere! first time seeing the eurofighter live.what a feeling! :)

ef2.jpg

ef3.jpg

ef1.jpg

ef4.jpg

ef5.jpg

ef6.jpg

thanks qayyum!what disappointed me was out of the 1000+ photos i snapped, only 5% i think was 'use-able' :(

the superhornet did a good show!it was amazing how little runway the pilot used before taking off.sad that they stole the show from our own F/A-18D, always preferred our color scheme!

sh1.jpg

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

sh4.jpg

sh5.jpg

all my cockpit shots were just bad. i need some 'tutoring' :(

next up was the rafale!also a first for me,and it seems like all the LIMA 'newcomers' doesnt hold back at all when it comes to Afterburners!!

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

dr3.jpg

dr4.jpg

dr5.jpg

dr6.jpg

dr7.jpg

dr8.jpg

Nice shots, Iwan :good: Wah..there's some 'shock diamonds' coming out from the afterburners in your fifth Typhoon photo :good:

superb pics MIR & Iwan

Mir really went all-out this time.. :clapping: Keep us amazed please..

Awesome captures Mir....

Can't wait for tomorrow.... praying for clear blue sky for two days... :rolleyes:

MIR, really excellent photos. Thanks for posting them.

I hope to get something similar on Saturday.

Thank you, guys :drinks: Happy Spotting to those going to LIMA'11 ! Remember to bring sun cream and ear plugs ya B)

Republic of Singapore Air Force F-50 was on the ground for less then 15 minutes yesterday morning.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Edited by MIR

Nice shots, Iwan :good: Wah..there's some 'shock diamonds' coming out from the afterburners in your fifth Typhoon photo :good:

thanks MIR!actually to be honest im still very lost in taking the pics. lots of trial and error and i must say my 'errors' outnumber the actual nice pictures.most of the pics are disappointing really.still alot to learn. ill be there again tomorrow, if you're free maybe we can meet up for teh tarik. i seriously dont know what to do here at night especially. haha. :p

nice catch MIR & Iwan.... :clapping: :drinks:

thanks Victor! :)

some pics of the MiG. no matter how many times i see them, their performances is always one to wait for. They got the Final show slot (relegating to my much loved Su-30 to the 'opening act' status) :p

love the 53rd anniversary livery. something fresh from RMAF this time around! :)

mig1.jpg

mig2.jpg

And how can you not love these guys.. :lol:

mig3.jpg

mig4.jpg

mig5.jpg

who need smoke pods??? :lol:

mig6.jpg

mig7.jpg

mig8.jpg

mig9.jpg

i just love the way they 'dump' their parachutes onto the grass everytime :)

mig10.jpg

Edited by iwan

Nice contingent of aircraft on display there: I'm regretting already NOT coming... :angry:

Thanks a lot for the nice pictures, guys: keep them coming... :good:

Surprise why they use black smoke and not other colors? :p

actually to be honest im still very lost in taking the pics. lots of trial and error and i must say my 'errors' outnumber the actual nice pictures.most of the pics are disappointing really.still alot to learn.

Nice shots nevertheless. :good:

Yes, when you shoot high speed objects, you are more likely to get duds than shooting a flower! But practice makes perfect. As long as you analyse your shots and know why they failed, you will learn to avoid making the same mistakes again. Then your ratio of good shots to bad will improve. Happy shooting and look forward to seeing more of your pix... :)

nice catch MIR & Iwan.... :clapping: :drinks:

Thanks bro :drinks:

ill be there again tomorrow, if you're free maybe we can meet up for teh tarik.

Bro, I've returned back to KL actually. I was there from last Saturday till Tuesday morning.

nice picture iwan, really enjoy it...

Nice shots nevertheless. :good:

Yes, when you shoot high speed objects, you are more likely to get duds than shooting a flower! But practice makes perfect. As long as you analyse your shots and know why they failed, you will learn to avoid making the same mistakes again. Then your ratio of good shots to bad will improve. Happy shooting and look forward to seeing more of your pix... :)

haha yeah i think im slowly getting there. like you said, practice makes perfect but sadly its not everyday that you get to see these beautiful fighters flying about.. :(

Thanks bro :drinks:

Bro, I've returned back to KL actually. I was there from last Saturday till Tuesday morning.

aiseyyy,next time la then!drinks on me! :)

MIr & Iwan,

Excellent photo report! :clapping: It's a pity that I didn't know this venue early to plan a trip there.

Thanks!having a great time here.Seriously i love the planes so much i hardly feel the scorching heat of the sun standing in the open field like that. People say im weird. :p

Anyway,got to the morning show quite late today, thought the show started at 11.30 only to find out it was 10. got only a few shots by the time i reached but this was the surprise bonus of the day!

The RTAF Gipens took off to return home. My trip is complete seeing almost all the 4th Gen fighters flying!but sadly, dont think the gripens will be available for the static display now that they have returned home. :(

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

sg4.jpg

sg3.jpg