MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ariff A.

MAS Is the Official Air Charter for Arsenal & Chelsea!!

Arsenal Football Club Departs London To Join Asian Fans Via Malaysia Airlines

KUALA LUMPUR , July 11 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines is the official air charter carrier for English Premier League team Arsenal Football Club’s Asia Tour 2011.

The world renowned team will arrive at KLIA via Malaysia Airlines at 11.30am today.

http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=600414&lang=en&cat=b

MAS To Fly Chelsea Team During Its Asian Tour

KUALA LUMPUR, July 6 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will be flying the English Premier League team, Chelsea, from London to Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Hong Kong, with its air charter carrier service during the football club's Asia tour.

MAS Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Tengku Datuk Seri Azmil Zahruddin said this would be the second time MAS would be providing air transportation for Chelsea.

"This time we are customising and tailoring our total service delivery with our Branded Customer Experience proposition," he said in his speech during the signing of a charter agreement between MAS and ProEvents, the sole and exclusive promoter for the tour, here today.

For instance, the food and beverages to be prepared for serving on board would be done in consultation with the teams' nutritionists.

"For inflight comfort, our specially selected cabin crew are trained to ensure the players are assured of their privacy and are well rested upon arrival at their destination," he added.

Other significant arrangements for the footballers are fast-tracked check-in for departures, exclusive holding lounges prior boarding, exclusive inflight entertainment programmes, specially made inflight seat headrests with the Asia Tour 2011 insignia, speedier immigration clearance and seamless baggage restoration on arrival at each of Asian city on tour.

Meanwhile, ProEvents Chief Executive Officer Julian Kam said Chelsea's senior management, the new manager and his colleagues as well as the full first team squad will be flying with MAS throughout their tour in Asia.

"Air charter is a key component of the tour as we have to ensure all our guests are well looked after by experienced airline staff," he said.

The charter agreement was signed by MAS' Executive Vice President of Commercial Strategy Datuk Dr Amin Khan and ProEvents Chief Executive Officer, Julian Kam.

Tengku Azmil and Football Association of Malaysia Secretary General Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad witnessed the signing.

Chelsea will take a friendly match against Malaysia at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil on July 21.

-- BERNAMA

According to Flightradar 24, they departed STN as Malaysian 8159 yesterday on a B777 (9M-MRI) as the picture showed.

Edited by S M Tang

B777...tht means no 1st class .... n only business class...i wonder who gets to sit in business n in cattle class ??....

I think Player&Manager only will sit at The Bizz class....

Put both teams on the same flight and we can have an in-flight tournament :p

they can make the tournament in B747 only... :blink: ........GEMPAK HABIS :yahoo:

All of them will be brought to Malaysia via MH. Liverpool & Chelsea will be flying in from HGH on the 14th and 16th respectively. Congrats to Capt Nik & team! :drinks:

Isn't Arsenal's home stadium known as Emirates Stadium? pardon.gif

Guess Emirates couldn't spare a 777 for charters.

haha yes good point

haha yes good point

Well I think since this is a Asian tour n I'm sure this tour was the idea from someone in M'sia then why not bring in MH to fly them in since Gunners or the Reds do not need to pay a single cent as everything is paid for

Cpt.Radzi did you fly the Chelsea Team???

I don't think so; since Capt.Radzi is on B738.

trust you guys in malaysia wings to find this info out .. i saw a MH 777 in STN on Sunday and wondered what the hell it was doing there!! lol

trust you guys in malaysia wings to find this info out .. i saw a MH 777 in STN on Sunday and wondered what the hell it was doing there!! lol

they pick Arsenal team at STN...

I don't think so; since Capt.Radzi is on B738.

oh, I thought cpt.radzi fly the A330.. :sorry:

Destined to become a LLC? ;)