MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

A ‘high day’ for AirAsia X - Approval to Beijing, Osaka, Shanghai, Jeddah and Istanbul

AirAsia X Introduces Direct Flights To Shanghai From Kuala Lumpur

November 22, 2012 14:10 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 22 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X is expanding its network further into China with the introduction of direct flights to Shanghai from Kuala Lumpur.

The company said it will commence six weekly flights from its hub in Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai Pudong International Airport from Feb 19, 2013.

"AirAsia X will increase its flight frequency to Shanghai from May 1, 2013 onwards," it said in a statement today.

AirAsia X Chief Executive Officer Azran Osman-Rani said the company foresees strong demand for the route as Shanghai has a polulation of over 23 million.

"We are confident that this route will stimulate new travel demand and boost tourism and business potential of both countries," he added.

Presumably it's PVG ? Any idea if HGH will be retained ?

I read an interview by Azran somewhere that mentioned HGH will be retained as it has its own catchment market. Another point to note is that D7 is the first long haul LCC that ventured into HGH. Now that Scoot is also flying there, losing their market share is definitely not in the management's best interest.

But the same thing can not be said for Tianjin, as it will be terminated the moment D7 starts flying into PEK. This is because TSN is merely an alternative gateway for PEK.

I read an interview by Azran somewhere that mentioned HGH will be retained as it has its own catchment market. Another point to note is that D7 is the first long haul LCC that ventured into HGH. Now that Scoot is also flying there, losing their market share is definitely not in the management's best interest.

But the same thing can not be said for Tianjin, as it will be terminated the moment D7 starts flying into PEK. This is because TSN is merely an alternative gateway for PEK.

Agree with MAR. However, on a side note, the catchment area of both SHA and HGH are almost identical, which to D7 may not want to spread their resources thin. I would think that Hangzhou will be drop some time in future if Scoot really eat into D7's market share.

I think one big advantage of HGH is that the flights are not at an unearthly hour. So those who opt not to travel in the wee hours of the morning might find the PVG flight schedules unappealing. You have limited public transport options when you arrive so late at night.

How's the transformation of HGH into a transportation hub? That should be plus point although PVG is the "official" airport to Shanghai. Much like NRT and HND IMHO.

Having said that D7 can simply pull out if things didn't go their way, like from London and New Zealand for example. We simply do not know what is the terms and condition they had with the respective airports.

After Osaka and Shanghai, now it's Jeddah's turn!

Azran Osman-Rani @azranosmanrani

Launching AirAsia X's new route to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Scheduled flights start on 16 Feb. RM399 one-way pic.twitter.com/tD5v0nxi

No wonder MH will be doing daily flight to JED from 31 March 2013. http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/11/mh-jed-s13/

now it's gettin easier to perform umrah.

click click click......go to waiting room. and wallaaaa.....your D7 electronic ticket is ready in your inbox.

errrr....D7 must be looking forward to transport these umrah pilgrims as they can charge for AirZamZam and heavy luggage!

:)

Funny how D7 is choosing to go after all MH destinations. They are obviously too lazy to do any promotional work for new destinations and bear the start-up costs because new destinations will always lose money first. CHC, STN and ORY come to mind...

still must use agent -- to get visa.

So if we need to use agent to obtain visa, what is the purpose of RM399 one way fare?

so return 800, luggage...err errr errr.....about 800

visa hotel bla bla bla......all in, about the same with flying Emirates, or Etihad and even Qatar

I think the flight to/fro JED will be more appealing to the expats from Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines (whom are millions of them) living and working in the Kingdom.

For once in a blue moon umrah pax, I still would suggest the traditional ways of getting there since there are a lot of restrictions of getting into the Kingdom. These restrictions have been simplified for resident permit holders, hence I think they will be the prime target market for this new route.

In '88 I actually did independent travel to do umrah during a break in my FRA-JED-KUL flight with Saudia.

Funny how D7 is choosing to go after all MH destinations. They are obviously too lazy to do any promotional work for new destinations and bear the start-up costs because new destinations will always lose money first. CHC, STN and ORY come to mind...

Hey senior member, I thought this matter has been discussed to death?

- different market segments

- more competition is good for the consumers

- no more monopoly generally (and yet still reporting losses)

- initiate price war

- Positive to KUL as a hub

- approval is subjected to government authorities, if government is pro incumbents (and the fact that the incumbents are both owned by the respective governments), these approvals won't be handed over in the first place.

- establishment of the airlines. The incumbent from Malaysia is established in 1947, while D7 is in 2007. 60 years age gap. Of course all the prospective and economically viable routes have been serviced by the incumbent.

So if we need to use agent to obtain visa, what is the purpose of RM399 one way fare?

so return 800, luggage...err errr errr.....about 800

visa hotel bla bla bla......all in, about the same with flying Emirates, or Etihad and even Qatar

Dont think its AAX fault if they choose to fly to a country which require visa (or any other other airlines for that matter).. At least we have another option to fly to JED(non-stop). SV/MH and now D7 competition among them sure will benefit us the customer. Im not complaining about it :D

Edited by nrazmoor

Hey senior member, I thought this matter has been discussed to death?

Yes, it has. I just couldn't resist. ;)

Dont think its AAX fault if they choose to fly to a country which require visa (or any other other airlines for that matter).. At least we have another option to fly to JED(non-stop). SV/MH and now D7 competition among them sure will benefit us the customer. Im not complaining about it :D

am not blaming D7 either, it's their marketing strategy actually

but I would love to see how many Malaysians will complain about the ticket price....

normally this is what I usually hear

"kata murah....lepaih tu kena bayaq jugak beg, makan semua...dah jadi mahai balik! Muhong saja depa tuu"

one thing

how these red-skirted girl will go to JED?

aren't they suppose to at least put their abaya on?

D7 has been doing charters to JED for quite sometimes. So maybe that uniform will be used for JED bound flights.

Even if the crews have to don the normal mini skirt uniform, I don't think it will be a problem to arrange an abaya for each and everyone of them for the transfer from the airport to their hotel. All the foreign airlines with skirts and layover (BA, LH) survived JED/RUH without much hassles.

From BD's past experience, which I have a first account testimony, the female crews change into abayas while inside the aircraft before proceed for their layover. On their way back, they will take off the abayas once they are inside the aircraft on their inbound journey back to Heathrow.

600006_2527249595916_1100291066_n.jpg

From BD's past experience, which I have a first account testimony, the female crews change into abayas while inside the aircraft before proceed for their layover. On their way back, they will take off the abayas once they are inside the aircraft on their inbound journey back to Heathrow.

Same as SQ when the crew now do their lay-over at RUH.

Sign in to follow this