MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Truie Pham

Tan Son Nhat - Sai Gon airport pictures

Uncle,

Back to the hotel-roof ? :huh:

Love the action-shot of the TK A340 !!! :good:

Do I see pedestrians at the CX picture ? :huh:

One word; Awesome!

Although the weather was not good,but you had managed to snap the photos,especially the TK A343 and the CX 77W!

Thanks for sharing with us,Uncle Vu Loc!

Thanks for the great pictures! Chu Nguyen Vu Loc!

Just one question, mot cau hoi?

Did VN-A374 get a re-paint? I remember it last time in MEL having the dodgy paint job done in Zurich with the smaller titles, if so when are the rest of the A330's & remaining 772's getting their paint jobs done?

Thankyou! Cam On!

Pieter, Tamizi & al. Thanks for your appreciation and support. More photos to come as I just took a leisure trip by plane.

Cha`o Sorox,

The A332 VN-A374 won't get a repaint in the forthcoming months since the aircraft was delivered in Dec 2009. As I mentioned earlier total aircraft repaint for Vietnam Airlines medium & heavy aircraft occurs when proceeding C-Check abroad based on the airframe flying hours. IMO, repaint will be done after 3 years since the last paint. It could be earlier once Vietnam has facilities/equipment to repaint large aircraft. So far the Cambodia Angkor Air A321 and ATR72s are totally painted at Tan Son Nhat hangars.

Great images on this thread ...

Whatever Vietnam Airlines does regarding painting of its aircraft, please DO NOT send them to the Philippines. The paintwork on the A332 with Skyteam livery was bad right from the very beginning and has since gotten worse.

Love the Vietnam Airlines colours but it is very difficult to photograph it nicely unless the lighting conditions are good. In various places where I have seen VN planes arrive, it is near midday when the sun is too high. When the sun is setting and is orange, it too is quite tricky.

My first shot of the VN A321 in good light was in April when it was being delivered from Hamburg-Finkenwerder via Toulouse.

Keep those great images from Vietnam coming ... love them.

KC Sim

Kanehoshi,

VN-A324 is a great picture: good colour (piano keys too) and including the versatile MI-8 !!! :good:

Hope to see you next week, before I move to KUL for MW Anniversary... :pardon:

Bao Duy,

Welcome to MW !!!

Really like your 25R landing shots of the Tripple Sevens: how many mm did you use ? :huh:

Bao Duy,

Welcome to MW !!!

Really like your 25R landing shots of the Tripple Sevens: how many mm did you use ? :huh:

Dear Uncle,

About 295 ... ! :drinks:

...and construction of new ATC tower well in view too... :good:

guess it will be twice as high as the current one ? :huh:

Hi all..i would like to ask...where is the best location for aircraft spotting at VVTS?

Thanks

Hi Syafiq,

Your question is quite difficult to give a straight answer. Officially VVTS doesn't have a public viewing hall like KLIA or SIN. You may spot aircraft on final approach or taxiing out for departure at the right smoking area of the Intl. Departure Terminal.

We have various places out of the airport perimeter. See the link to our website's spotting info

VVTS spotting locations

Some are good in the morning, others during the afternoon due to the Sun trajectory (runways' heading 25L and 25R) and business hours of the cafes.

If you come and spot during the weekend we'll take you to the proper places. It's preferable to have a zoom lens to 300mm.

cheers,

Vu Loc

Beautiful :clapping: Cam on (Hope it's the right word to say thanks in Vietnamese),Kanehoshi!

Nice KE B739ER; especially the 'Taegeuk' logo on the winglets!

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Nice Vietaviator-banner in the Korean 737 picture :pardon:

What exactly do you mean with the yellow text ? :huh: