MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sharil Abdul Rahman

KUL-BKI-HND-KUL

Hey guys.

was thinking of doing a year end trip to tokyo via haneda, and being the AV geek that i am, i am thinking of doing the above routing.

The only problem i see is the KUL-BKI part. thinking of trying the FY flights, but i checked their schedules - its either early in the morning or it will land 30 minutes before the BKI-HND flight. Logic dictates that i get the early morning flight.Or i should be crazy and get the latter flight?

Also, anyone has any idea where will FY land? main terminal or budget terminal in BKI?

AV?? Am I reading this correctly? ;)

Well, have to respect other people's hobby..

Anyway, 30 mins connecting time sounds too short.

I think by then, you can get a same plane service KUL-KCH-BKI-HND-BKI-KUL on MH's 738, but I think the sector KUL-KCH may have to be bought separately.

And no, you're not crazy. I've done KUL-SIN, but via LGK or KCH. And KUL-BKI, but via BKK, SIN & BWN.

Edited by Mushrif A

The only problem i see is the KUL-BKI part. thinking of trying the FY flights, but i checked their schedules - its either early in the morning or it will land 30 minutes before the BKI-HND flight. Logic dictates that i get the early morning flight.Or i should be crazy and get the latter flight?

30 minutes really is too short. You never know if your FY flight gets delayed.

Also, anyone has any idea where will FY land? main terminal or budget terminal in BKI?

FY will land in the main terminal in BKI.

Not that kind of AV, SV :lol:

Not that kind of AV, SV :lol:

Japan happens to be the home of AV. :p

AV = artificial v@*#+! or adult video...so...hehehehe!

I tend to use the term "plane-fanatic" trust me, I have done many "joy rides" which I am not proud off...all the best to you!

I think by then, you can get a same plane service KUL-KCH-BKI-HND-BKI-KUL on MH's 738, but I think the sector KUL-KCH may have to be bought separately.

And no, you're not crazy. I've done KUL-SIN, but via LGK or KCH. And KUL-BKI, but via BKK, SIN & BWN.

Japan happens to be the home of AV. :p

AV = artificial v@*#+! or adult video...so...hehehehe!

I tend to use the term "plane-fanatic" trust me, I have done many "joy rides" which I am not proud off...all the best to you!

You guys are so funny la :)

As for my journey - i was thinking of doing an FY/MH/D7 trip.

hence the KUL-BKI-HND-KUL routing.

one - i want to try the Oren airline (even though i have flown with 9M-FYA as 9M-MLA before)

two - i want to try the BKI-HND route using the new hardware

three - I want to try the HND-KUL using the Red bus.

i am going to spend the same amount of time flying anyway so might as well break it up to pretty little legs no? :)

Chk the pricing, as you probably can do KCH-BKI-HND//HND-BKI-KUL on one MH ticket and on same aircraft type. I suspect any tickets originating from HND, even if D7 (unless you manage to bag those really cheap promo fares, as D7 is not necessarily cheap), will be relatively pricier, making the two one-ways to be more expensive than a return. Then just add FY for KUL-KCH.

But if you insist on flying all 3 airlines, then you can spend more time flying, by using FY to KCH, and then take MH to HND from KCH (with the same plane stopping at BKI).

30 minutes transit at BKI ? :blink:

No, don't think we function at that sort of pace over here :D

Chk the pricing, as you probably can do KCH-BKI-HND//HND-BKI-KULKCH on one MH ticket .....

Typo ?

Japan happens to be the home of AV.

My exact sentiments! By the way, AV could be the acronym for "Audio Visual" back in my uni days when they had AV Rooms... I was a bit excited and even joked about it during our Japanese language classes where we had to go to the AV Room!

On a serious note, are you going to spend at least sometime in Tokyo? Just that the new BKI-HND route doesn't come very cheaply!

30 minutes transit at BKI ? :blink:

No, don't think we function at that sort of pace over here :D

Typo ?

Nope. Loking at the schedules, the HND flight is linked to KUL via BKI, on same plane service. Arrives BKI at 06:20, and then off to KUL at 07:20.

Nope. Loking at the schedules, the HND flight is linked to KUL via BKI, on same plane service. Arrives BKI at 06:20, and then off to KUL at 07:20.

OP intends to travel to BKI via FY, not MH. So it is not realistic to expect pax and luggage to transfer successfully in that short time.

Tried dummy booking HND-KCH, transit at BKI listed as 80 minutes

Also tried HND-KUL, nothing offered :pardon:

I suspect the 80 minutes at BKI is to allow sufficient time margin for immigration and customs clearance for those on transits

Tried dummy booking HND-KCH, transit at BKI listed as 80 minutes

Also tried HND-KUL, nothing offered :pardon:

I suspect the 80 minutes at BKI is to allow sufficient time margin for immigration and customs clearance for those on transits

HND-BKI-KUL is later this year. Cant remember exactly when.

OP intends to travel to BKI via FY, not MH. So it is not realistic to expect pax and luggage to transfer successfully in that short time.

I know but I'm suggesting he could also take HND-BKI-KUL on same plane service on MH later this yr. FY is not part of the equation here. It is proposed that OP does KUL-KCH on FY, and then KCH-BKI-HND on MH.

I know but I'm suggesting he could also take HND-BKI-KUL on same plane service on MH later this yr. FY is not part of the equation here. It is proposed that OP does KUL-KCH on FY, and then KCH-BKI-HND on MH.

Hmm. didnt know that the BKI-HND flight is tacked together with KCH.

That is a route i can try.

Mushrif: i did check the one-way leg for HND-KUL and its going to cost about 750 ringgit so it should be alright, i think.

SV: of course i am! planning to do 10 days for the whole trip, as this is a trip with friends. But my Aviation side so itching wanna do three airlines in one go so....

HND-BKI-KUL is later this year. Cant remember exactly when.

You mean KCH will be dropped by year's end ?

They haven't even started yet ! :blink:

Any idea about the KIX and SEL tag-on's ?

You mean KCH will be dropped by year's end ?

They haven't even started yet ! :blink:

Any idea about the KIX and SEL tag-on's ?

Dropped by year end? It's still valid till Nov 2011...

HND,KIX & ICN-BKI-KCH vv is still on if according to schedule.

i think what Mushrif meant about HND-BKI-KUL was HNDBKI arrive at 6.20am continue on to KUL at 7.20am using domestic flt no. on certain days..this 738 (bar rotation of a/c at KUL) will then continue to KCH (11am) using domestic flt no, & from KCH back to BKI using intl flt no (1.30pm)...

...i might be wrong though hehe

Edited by Nick R.

HND,KIX & ICN-BKI-KCH vv is still on if according to schedule.

i think what Mushrif meant about HND-BKI-KUL was HNDBKI arrive at 6.20am continue on to KUL at 7.20am using domestic flt no. on certain days..this 738 (bar rotation of a/c at KUL) will then continue to KCH (11am) using domestic flt no, & from KCH back to BKI using intl flt no (1.30pm)...

...i might be wrong though hehe

I think you are correct Nick R. That was what I believed I saw on the schedules, with the 738 doing a triangular route on certain days.

Sign in to follow this