MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 6th Anniversary

MalaysianWings 6th Anniversary   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Where should MW 6th Anniversary be held ?

Guys,

62 members voted; thanks a lot for that ;)

The original voting for the 6th MW Anniversary ended in a tie-break:

Both KUL and BKK received 18 votes, with SGN being 3rd with 7 votes...

Therefore, I've opened a new voting for you: which city is it gonna be ?: KUL or BKK ?

I'll give you till the end of November to cast your votes...

My answer is definitely KUL; Can't afford to go overseas with my current finance status.

Folks,

Pls decide promptly KUL or BKK so I can buy airtickets. Air Asia is offering special prices till 8 Nov!

Pls decide promptly KUL or BKK so I can buy airtickets. Air Asia is offering special prices till 8 Nov!

Capt - isn't the VN staff benefit cheaper than AK tickets? Or are you reserving them for your long haul jaunts? :)

Guys,

62 members voted; thanks a lot for that ;)

The original voting for the 6th MW Anniversary ended in a tie-break:

Both KUL and BKK received 18 votes, with SGN being 3rd with 7 votes...

Therefore, I've opened a new voting for you: which city is it gonna be ?: KUL or BKK ?

I'll give you till the end of November to cast your votes...

Pieter,

With hindsight, it might have been better to declare KUL the winner (in the event of a tie) since it is MW's home airport. To extend the voting by another month may compromise some would be participants' travel booking plans.

Pieter,

With hindsight, it might have been better to declare KUL the winner (in the event of a tie) since it is MW's home airport. To extend the voting by another month may compromise some would be participants' travel booking plans.

Closing the vote on 01dec10 will still generate 7 months to make your travel-plans IMHO...

The booking period for SIN last year was a lot shorter, yet quite a few members joined !

Did not declare KUL as a winner, because of the very strict regulations there and the constant bulis interverence; you should have an alternative...

Besides, traffic at BKK is far more interesting than KUL, and people might want to see/experience this for a change...

But, if KUL wins the voting, KUL it will be... :pardon:

I hope that you folks will decide soon on the venue as Air Asia is selling dirt-cheap fares for that specific period of June 2011. The offer lasts till 08 Nov. I'm buying a return ticket SGN-KUL for US$80 (all inclusive), the ##%% =@ problem is after input of all the payment details and submit them, the site returns with a busy note (flying bee ZZZ! ZZZ!).

I hope that you folks will decide soon on the venue as Air Asia is selling dirt-cheap fares for that specific period of June 2011. The offer lasts till 08 Nov. I'm buying a return ticket SGN-KUL for US$80 (all inclusive), the ##%% =@ problem is after input of all the payment details and submit them, the site returns with a busy note (flying bee ZZZ! ZZZ!).

Capt, if payment is not processed but booking is received you will get a provisional status to your booking when you look at Manage Your Booking. All you then need to do is to make the payment to confirm it.

If your booking did not go thru, there will not be any PRN reference at all.

Many people panicked and did the same booking two or more times and got charged for every one!

Capt, if payment is not processed but booking is received you will get a provisional status to your booking when you look at Manage Your Booking. All you then need to do is to make the payment to confirm it.

If your booking did not go thru, there will not be any PRN reference at all.

Many people panicked and did the same booking two or more times and got charged for every one!

Many thanks for your advice, Flee. As I just enter MW site today, I'm trying to check "manage my booking" but the Air Asia site seems congested now, 08 Nov., the last day of this promotion. May be I can't buy the return ticket at that price anymore :sorry:

Edited by Nguyen Vu Loc

looks like its gonna b a close fight...something like Msia - China Thomas Cup final

Indeed !!!

Almost half-way the month of November and with 32 votes it's a 16-16 tie-break :blink:

Keep on voting, guys, and let us know where to hold the next Anniversary...

MHO, besides AirAsia for BKK Malaysian members can try fly by using Lufthansa or Royal Jordan which pricing consider cheaper if 6th Anniversary will be held at Bangkok.

Hi Guys I am not going to vote this time as I will be traveling around the area in june and hope to visit both airports and more. It will be good to meet you all , so once I have booked and can confirm dates , I will post and if any of you want to join me feel free . I know a good hotel at BKK .

Hi Guys I am not going to vote this time as I will be traveling around the area in june and hope to visit both airports and more. It will be good to meet you all , so once I have booked and can confirm dates , I will post and if any of you want to join me feel free . I know a good hotel at BKK .

Queen's Garden?

I have withdrawn my vote. Just got myself some D7 tickets to ORY. Paris Air Show, here I come! :yahoo:

When is Paris Air Show will be held?

My this post upgraded me to Gold Member of MSwings :D

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

When is Paris Air Show will be held?

My this post upgraded me to Gold Member of MSwings :D

Congratulations on becoming Gold! :clapping:

Paris Air Show is from 20-26 June 2011. I am planning to go on the first public day, 24 June 2011. Full details here: http://www.paris-air-show.com/en

KUL still on the lead; glad to see that.

To Ikman,congratulations on becoming Gold member :clapping:

I think its time to close the thread and settle with the highest poll for now. Its hard for people to settle their trasportation after so long.

Liew,

We've set 30nov10 as the closing date; from that date onwards to the Anniversary, it's still 7 months to make travel arrangements (= plenty of time)...do these 8 days really make a difference ? :blink:

Guys,

Whoever has not voted yet, between KUL and BKK, please do so now !!!

Maybe another round of "seat clearance" from airlines plying this route. :p

Malaysia-based friends, I don't remember whether I've posted yet, but it's now KUL for me as I've bought the airtickets already :rolleyes: I'll need your assistance for spotting at Subang and Penang if KUL is too difficult!

Its a hard decision, we have interesting traffic also at KUL recently...at BKK, we have rare traffic comparing with KUL...

I think it's BKK for me, i've never been there, besides aviation, i also love landscape photography, i believe BKK have lots of chances of aviation and landscape photos...

Edited by Mohd Idham

Malaysia-based friends, I don't remember whether I've posted yet, but it's now KUL for me as I've bought the airtickets already :rolleyes: I'll need your assistance for spotting at Subang and Penang if KUL is too difficult!

Capt, I am sure there will be some MWingers around to help you get to the spotting locations when the time comes. Perhaps this will be the first time there will be multi-location spotting on a MalaysianWings anniversary! :D