MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

20th January , 2005 - 23rd January , 2006

Well , as of 20th of January , 2006 , its been exactly one year since the first time I went spotting at KLIA .

It was so coincidental that me and this guy

user posted image

Had bought a new camera and we had decided to go spotting in KLIA .....

At first , we were very new to our surroundings , and at first we thought stopping by the fence would be a good idea , but then , the result was definitely 'out' as u can see from this pic .

user posted image

Definitely knew that if we were to go on standing there and taking photo's , we'd most likely be wasting our time . so we decided to go further down to where the lights are , and we took some head on shots ...

user posted image

For the next few days or so , we went to KLIA for spotting every day . Shiok ma , just got camera . hehe ...

And one fine day , I see someone coming out of a Champagne Coloured Hyundai Sonata with a Delta 70 , Who is it , me and fendy wondered , and guess what , it was our dearest 'Emperor' Jon Kong ....

One thing I quickly found out about this guy , before we finish shooting the specific plane , this fella already reviewing his photo's . And the first time I met him , he already mentioned he like ' Russian Aircraft ! ' ..

This fella like got database in his head , he'll know where to go and find out about which a/c being deployed to KUL and etc. hehe . thanks for lots of info JKSC !

P.S : If u ever get rare aircraft , call him and tell him , he sure curse and swear . hehe smile.gif

user posted image

Fendy always mentioned about this guy named TK which he met at the AeroMalaysia forum and also got the chance to meet him at the Patrouille De France airshow but I was too busy walking around and didn't get the chance to meet TK . In my mind , I didn't know he was referred to as T K , I thought he was a chinese guy named Teekay . solly ah brother ! tongue.gif . Really nice and friendly guy he was , but check out this pic , he truly looks scary ...

user posted image

He looks like he's going to kill me . Great resource for information regarding flight simulator . hee hee smile.gif . and always on the look out for ' ah moi ! '

One day , went to Weather station to get a shot of Lufthansa 346 landing in the evening , got kinda scared when I saw this guy there on the phone , with one D70 on his super uber looking Lowepro bag and attached to his D70 , a bigma 500mm .. wow . sure does look like good stuff . But he was rather engrossed in his phone call , when he saw the a/c coming , he didn't even bother saying goodbye , straight away put down , and click click click ... and he click till no end , hehehe .. really nice and funny guy , makes great company during spotting sessions .

user posted image

Azahan was also the person to introduce me to night photography smile.gif

user posted image

But that was the first and last time i went for night aviation photog.

Its getting pretty late , I shall continue with more tomorrow ..

Interesting storylah.. hhehe.. smile.gif second episode plzz

user posted image

26140[/snapback]

Love this night shot, absolutely stunning..........btw is MAS night interior light is blue?

I didn't know he was referred to as T K , I thought he was a chinese guy named Teekay . solly ah brother ! 

I must admit, for the whole time, i thought he was a chinese guy named TK too. Was wondering why he kept on calling Azahan "my brother" and really confused the hell out of me. hehe....

Hehe....

When TK came to Dubai...and came on over to my place...i was expecting a chinese dude to come out of the taxi...but lo and behold... i was greeted by a Malay! Shocked me abit...but nontheless...he introduced me to spotting..! smile.gif

I must admit, for the whole time, i thought he was a chinese guy named TK too.  Was wondering why he kept on calling Azahan "my brother" and really confused the hell out of me.  hehe....

26186[/snapback]

ditto. Me too. I tought he was a Chinese too!!!

I only realised that he is the brother of Azahan in the MPD model thread. Where he said that his bro TK got one for him.

Me and Azahan used to go to the hill almost every thursday at one point in time ...

As always , he'll be coming with his BIG BIG camera bag and Mr. Potato and water and etc in one hand smile.gif

user posted image

As u can see all the usual necessities are here

D70 , Bigma , Mr Potato , Water and that thingy i call a dust buster

heheh

Our usual hang out after spotting is ....

McD in K L I A ....

The quarterpounders are to die for smile.gif

user posted image

and when u want to treat gavin, make sure it is not just a mc value meal but DOUBLE value meal LARGE...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image

and we have learned a lot on photo shooting from few of our experts including the guy in blue.....

user posted image

I think that guy is a billionaire businessman from the Middle East, trading mostly briyanis. Not so sure though, never bought any briyani from him.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~

He's the briyani King!

supplies briyani to all mamaks in Malaysia. People call him, Briyani Man.

user posted image

Is that 747 really parked at terminal B? never say that before. Where does it fly to?

Azuddin

Hmmm...PIA stweward...Briyani Billionaire Tycoon...

One thing's for sure...he's not donating 1.03Billion to Cancer Research...

Underground hookups in Emirates...must be one hell of a feller ah...

I also hear he can ride motorcycles soon...

Hmmm...PIA stweward...Briyani Billionaire Tycoon...

26291[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very nice story there. You guys always get to pass through the barricades to the obs hill. Tell me your secret route so that I'll get to go there too.

Edited by Rozhan

Very nice story there. You guys always get to pass through the barricades to the obs hill. Tell me your secret route so that I'll get to go there too.

26300[/snapback]

All it takes is long legs...and preferable long pants! biggrin.gif

Let me tell u about our dearest J K S C ....

Most of the time , he's so used to the traffic at KUL , that he ends up being bored ..

Occasionally , he poses with our Kompleks Bunga Raya

user posted image

Other than that , he does like to take photo's of me ... strange , but somewhat true eh . hehehe .. *psst ... sometimes it scares me .. cool.gif

user posted image

Moving along , he doesn't like animals bothering him during his spotting sessions .

but when that particular animal stops disturbing him ,

he goes to it and starts taking photo's of it .

so far haven't seen the photo's ..

where ah jonathan ?

user posted image

But other than that , he always has a smile on his face when we're spotting .

very funny guy and never a dull moment with him around .

believe me smile.gif

user posted image

Sign in to follow this