MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Syed A Ridhwan

Overcast spotting with a Jap

Alo bro's smile.gif

went spotting yesterday after dropping my dad for his flight to KBR. walk around the airport hoping to get some ah moi's but sadly none.. sad.gif only a few pregnant staff at the check-in counter. walk out from the terminal to check the weather and take some pics of buildings within KLIA area. hopefully someone can add these into WMKK v3 biggrin.gif

MAS ops building

user posted image

what building is this? unsure.gif

user posted image

KLIA control tower (Jouvarn did an excellent job in his WMKK project smile.gif)

user posted image

went to anjung tinjau, spotted the a/c bound for KBR taxiing to A2. dad's flight smile.gif 9M-AEC

user posted image

9M-MKC

user posted image

Cheers,

left KLIA for 32L. saw this approaching and stopped my car by the road side and jumped over the drain and stick my camera to the fence. sorry ah, blur pic.. still using my kaphai equipment, Canon Powershot A-400 sad.gif sad.gif

user posted image

9M-AAD

user posted image

9M-MMX (i like this rego, reminds me alot of Pentium 2 MMX proccesor)

user posted image

9M-AED

user posted image

China Airlines B-18501

user posted image

Cheers,

i wasn't alone at 32L. there's this japanese guy was there before me. at first i thought he might be one of us, so i approached him and we both talked. we introduce each other and chatted for a moment.

Mr. Shin Ozeni

user posted image

he is still using film camera. i asked him, why not DSLRs? you know what he told me? i don't have enough money blink.gif blink.gif i was like "WHAT?!!"

this dude, flew on a concorde before back in 2002. he saved 8,000USD just for the flight from London to New York and he told me he doesn't have the money to buy DSLR?? DSLR back in Japan very expensive meh? then we continued, he shared his collection, a few photo albums that contains rare, classic and special livery a/c's.. also pics of his flight on theConcorde. he also visited the a/c graveyard somewhere in Arizona i think. dunno where lah.. saw those pics.. scary sight blink.gif

user posted image

as we chatted, MH A333 arrived, 9M-MKE. woohoo! i got the beacon! tongue.gif very small only laa.. kapcai camera.. dry.gif

user posted image

9M-MMJ

user posted image

Gulf Air 767, A40-GY. notice the F1 promotional stuff back there? smile.gif

user posted image

Cheers,

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

who's the lucky one? the birds? or this F50? blink.gif blink.gif thank God there's no bird strike. those birds flew very close to this F50.

Riau Airlines, PK-RAL

user posted image

Another MH A333, 9M-MKJ. My best pic of the day. Others are blurry and grainy.. mad.gif

user posted image

nose shot for you, Azahan smile.gif not that sharp laa.. dun mind ah? tongue.gif

AK 733, 9M-AEB

user posted image

how can i forget about Pieter's a/c? hehe.. well, this is for you, Pieter smile.gif

KLM 744, PH-BFK Karachi

user posted image

as the weather starts to turn ugly, AK's new A320 arrived biggrin.gif 9M-AFA

sorry for the bad quality sad.gif

user posted image

Cheers,

it's getting very windy here. saw this A332 battling against the wind as she approach.

MH A332, 9M-MKX

user posted image

finally, a T7! biggrin.gif from Pudong. 9M-MRI

user posted image

TG A300, HS-TAR

user posted image

AK's oldest a/c, 9M-AAA

user posted image

a panoramic shot to show how's the weather at KLIA yesterday evening at 1600hrs

user posted image

Cheers,

great pics here man! Wow, did you get caught in the rain yesterday? I was in Klang, and it absolutely poured!! visibility less than 30m at one stage!

Muka hantu!! ohmy.gif blink.gif mellow.gif

user posted image

the a/c that brought dad to KBR has return at 1606hrs. she departed KUL at 1350 for KBR. 9M-AEC

user posted image

the MTB and control tower can't be seen. very heavy rain over there.. and it's heading to 32L!!

user posted image

MH 734, can't see the rego.. raining laaa

user posted image

trapped in the car for 20minutes as it rains heavily at 32L..

user posted image

Cheers,

as the rain starts to ease abit, a Cathay Pacific A333 approaches. i like the way A333 looked when they're about to land.. lovely wing and body.. tongue.gif

user posted image

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 9M-AFB belly shot tongue.gif tongue.gif nice hump she got there, eh? tongue.gif

user posted image

the approach lights.. romantic ler.. like candle light.. can bring ur g/f here and pak toh tongue.gif

user posted image

finally, i have to go home after some 3hours at 32L spotting. hujan pun sudah berhenti smile.gif good bye Mr. Ozeni. it was a pleasure to meet you. hope to see you again! biggrin.gif sayonara!!!

user posted image

well guys, there's all i got from yesterday. sorry for the bad quality.. sad.gif anyone here is generous enough to buy me a DSLR? any DSLR will do tongue.gif hihi.. and Uncle Norman, syok la you.. another member joined the dark side. Capt Radzi is Jedi Master with his 20D, Chaity also with his 300D.. im just a padawan with an A400.. *sob* *sob*

anyway, thanks for viewing! cheers, fellas!

biggrin.gif

great pics here man! Wow, did you get caught in the rain yesterday? I was in Klang, and it absolutely poured!! visibility less than 30m at one stage!

25138[/snapback]

My pic (trapped in car) says it all smile.gif

Cheers,

who's the lucky one? the birds? or this F50? blink.gif  blink.gif thank God there's no bird strike. those birds flew very close to this F50.

Riau Airlines, PK-RAL

user posted image

how can i forget about Pieter's a/c? hehe.. well, this is for you, Pieter smile.gif

KLM 744, PH-BFK Karachi

user posted image

Thanks for including these Dutch birdies, Syed: the Fokker F50 still going strong and the ever-so-dirty sebben-por-sebben wink.gif

Baaahhhhhhh, you really experienced bad weather; almost needed a 4-wheel-drive at the WX-station, I guess ? ohmy.gif

Syed, your photos are excellent, as far as the capabilities of the Canon Powershot A400 is concern.

That Jap guy, maybe not enough money to buy an EOS1D or Nikon D2X?!

Romeo India 777.....MH 387 PVG-KUL....

Yes, TK on the right seat...Im the Pilot Not Flying...

After landing...Heavy Rain!!! Before landing during descend from Pekan to Seremban 2...we were turning left and right avoiding CBs...got few moderate chop...FUN smile.gif

MH 387 PVG-KUL will be repeated again by me...arrival wednesday 18th. mad.gif

Romeo India 777.....MH 387 PVG-KUL....

Yes, TK on the right seat...Im the Pilot Not Flying...

After landing...Heavy Rain!!! Before landing during descend from Pekan to Seremban 2...we were turning left and right avoiding CBs...got few moderate chop...FUN smile.gif

MH 387 PVG-KUL will be repeated again by me...arrival wednesday 18th. mad.gif

25173[/snapback]

Done that tongue.gif ... But complete with vertigo...

until a/c banked more than 30deg tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Fantastic shots, Ridhwan. The rain made them more lively.

Wish someone had caught TK waggling his wings over Seremban.

This Japanese guy, do you got his name? Looks like KUL is becoming a favoriye for Japanese spotters. A new industry, shall we say?

Ridhwan, you're showing great potential.True, the A400 may not be enough for that type of spotting, if you're thinking of A.net or JP, otherwise it is okay.

TK, no more PNF. Now you're the PM. Guess it sounds cooler?

BTW, isn't the term 'Jap' a slur?

Edited by H Azmal

Its a slur used by Americans. Nevertheless, Japs have a slang (not necessarily vulgar, but quite impolite by Japanese standards) for foreigners "Gai-jin" (foreigner), the proper polite word is "Gaikoku-jin" (and gai-jin is not short-form for gaikoku-jin, as they want us to believe).

The Japanese guy is reading a magazine called "Airline" magazine I showed previously. That page is called "international airport walker" It shows the best spots for a particular airport, where to eat, travelling distance/advise.

good stuff syed!...u r not alone...im also using a400...this kapchai camera helps me alot in learning photography... smile.gif

Edited by H Affendy

the approach lights.. romantic ler.. like candle light.. can bring ur g/f here and pak toh  tongue.gif

Never Never Never bring gf there. Later when gf need some caressing, we tend to have our eyes at the birds most of the time than at gf. Then they start complaining and u'll end up ugh...a bad day.

Unless, ur gf likes planes too then u're lucky.

Edited by Adrian M

The term "Jap" is quite a rude one if it is used here.  Could be racist too.  Best to avoid terms like that.

26019[/snapback]

Precisely. One of the RMS Titanic's surviving officers was labelled a racist because it was reported he referred to a fellow survivor of Eastern descent as a 'Jap', and caused a diplomatic row when he referred to a bunch of unruly passengers as 'Italians'.

Edited by H Azmal

Sign in to follow this