MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan B.

Bye bye to the RMAF MIG29N

Funny they don't seem to mention the high cost of maintenance for the F/A-18s. Looks like Russian fighters cost less to buy but more to maintain. If so, why is the govt. still looking to purchase more Russian fighters? Perhaps, they have forgotten to do their Total Cost of Ownership analysis?

Buy something cheap now and suffer with maintenance, or suffer the high initial high cost but cheaper maintenance. I believe this is a general problem not only limited to politicians and jet fighters.

Perhaps, they have forgotten to do their Total Cost of Ownership analysis?

If those decision makers care about ‘Total Cost of Ownership Analysis’, there wouldn’t be so many wasteful procurements and projects in the country for the last 30 years or so.

:drinks:

Funny they don't seem to mention the high cost of maintenance for the F/A-18s. Looks like Russian fighters cost less to buy but more to maintain. If so, why is the govt. still looking to purchase more Russian fighters? Perhaps, they have forgotten to do their Total Cost of Ownership analysis?

Maybe the Russian pay higher commission to 'defence consultant' and they put in some sexy Mongolian girls too for translation job!

By the way, I hope the MiGs will never be sold.

Edited by Fitri Shukri

considering how new the MkMs are,it cant possibly be 'expensive' to maintain right?because if they are referring to the high cost of repairing the damaged engine,isn't that normal for FOD damages?

Maybe the Russian pay higher commission to 'defence consultant' and they put in some sexy Mongolian girls too for translation job!

By the way, I hope the MiGs will never be sold.

shouldnt have spent so much time saying 'goodybye' to the MiGs at LIMA the other day..i abandoned almost everything else.. :p

Edited by iwan

Yup, a high profile goodbye that didn't materialize and I'll probably see them again in LIMA 2011. Unless they lost their engines.

...Hope the 4% (?) GST can cover some fee on MiG replacement programme... :rolleyes:

Personally I would rather they utilize our GST sumbangan (offering) on things other than military hardware - maybe a proper functional general hospital for the city of Kota Kinabalu ? Would probably cost a fraction of any MIG replacement programme :)

considering how new the MkMs are,it cant possibly be 'expensive' to maintain right?because if they are referring to the high cost of repairing replacing the damaged missing engine,isn't that normal for FOD damages?

:)

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Personally I would rather they utilize our GST sumbangan (offering) on things other than military hardware - maybe a proper functional general hospital for the city of Kota Kinabalu ? Would probably cost a fraction of any MIG replacement programme :)

Initially I suppose to put "..." on that quote. I personally not agree with GST scheme, where till today there still lots of GST issue we don't know and understand...

If your "contribution" of GST on such way as mention by BC, then okey, but what happen when is not???

Guys,

Want to share with you this link:

http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=63311

Enjoy the beautiful shots and text :pardon:

I believe...thats why US gomen eagerly want to have them back....they 'mistakenly' sold it to our rmaf...

They even offered us with 20+ F-16 to replace 8 of our f/a-18D.

Hahaha, what a joke. It is because the F/A-18D is too good and many country want to buy from Malaysia even it is second hand.

Finish even converted a F/A-18C to F/A-18D version but it crashed after few flights. So eveyone are looking at RMAF's F/A-18Ds.

Why sell it while it is still HOT in market. :rofl: