MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

ZRH pics

Helliconia was here last week... but it was snowing quite a bit... only it's 4th visit to ZRH and never in good weather mad.gif First it was delayed by 1 hour, then another 30 minute wait for startup because all the elephants were busy de-icing, then another hour before it completed de-icing... at least looking at it for the first time made me all warm inside smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

New year's eve... weather seem to improve as we get to the new year:

To Toronto:

user posted image

To Delhi with 2 hour delay.(AC has 2 aircraft everyday now in ZRH). Sky clearing... looking good! smile.gif

user posted image

morning between 10am and noon the action is dominated by the americans... CO, UA and of course, AA (2 flights) and DL:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Of course, there were some regional traffic too (not too sure what this Privatair is doing in ZRH):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

A330 vs B744 - look at how much snow there was on the ground... There was a snow storm on Friday night but then the temp went up and by the time I took this pic it was already 7 degrees (about 15 degrees higher than the previous night).

user posted image

Edited by Azman MN

On New year's day, the weather continued to improve- ZRH gets some nice sun after 2 weeks of really bad fog& snow:

check out the alps in the background cool.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Azman,

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, these TG shots are VERY nice, especially the head-on one....snow has melted away pretty fast, though ohmy.gif

Azman, nice pnotos.

Weather there was really diverse, it was snowing and days later it was sunny.

I like those TG shots, sharp and clear. cool.gif

Yeah, 340-600 is nice but somehow she does not quite turn me on like this baby here - amazing sound of those engines spooling up!

user posted image

user posted image

Was hanging out at this rnwy 16 spot chatting to a local guru (Fabian with white 100-400 lens) and this charter turned up at runway 14

user posted image

Edited by Azman MN

yeah weather a bit crazy... last Wed when Helliconia was here... minus 5 degrees and snowing lightly. Friday night was minus 10 degrees and snowing heavily. Saturday night, it was 7 degrees, raining heavily and and all the snow was melting... some parts of Zurich were flooded. Then Sunday afternoon.. ahh... 10 degrees and the sun finally came out! As the sun was setting, all the Swiss came home... (rnwy14 approach)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and before the inevitable question comes...

Naaah EK

user posted image

as the sun sets.. you get a nice view of the alps from runwy 14... so good that I decided to go to the moutains the next day but it was false advertising - I got caught in a blizzard... ah well... back to normal shitty weather...

user posted image

YAY!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks alot Azman..that shots rocks! It really does! I love the way to A343 seems to "stoop down"....Almost like its bowing!

But..rumour has it that we're not gonna be seeing them around for much longer...so keep shooting! smile.gif

In winter, good weather, hard to find...bad weather, everyday.

Still....good airplane is EVERYDAY!!!!...

thanks for the ZRH photo Azman....i wish im there with the cool weather.

Here in Cairo...nice sunny BUT cool...

Azman,

That EK 340 and runway 14 shot is awesome with the mountain-backdrop: just love that airport wink.gif

Hope it will be sunny and clear again on 21jan06, when we'll do some spotting again together, as have never seen the mountains that clear whenever I visited Kloten airport before rolleyes.gif

In winter, good weather, hard to find...bad weather, everyday.

Still....good airplane is EVERYDAY!!!!...

thanks for the ZRH photo Azman....i wish im there with the cool weather.

Here in Cairo...nice sunny BUT cool...

23174[/snapback]

TK, Come back to ZRH lah... Pieter is coming in a couple of weeks!

One bottle of Kicap Tamin almost gone already (x-mas & new year feast...)

And... no spotting pics from Cairo?

Wooooa blink.gif Nice Pic Azman Lot of Aircraft Movement there in Zurich. Cool I Love Delta Takeoff Pic biggrin.gif Freaking Awsome.

Sign in to follow this