MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Rozhan

Are these pics legit?

I was browsing eBay just now and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-PHOTO-AIRBUS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-PHOTO-AIRBUS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The pics for sale appears to originate from MW. I believe one of it was photographed by one of our photographers here in the early morning on the day of departure. Have the pics been 'stolen' and now being sold at eBay?

Edited by Rozhan

rozhan,

the first one looks like one taken by our taiko jonathan kong. unless he offers for sale on ebay.

Hope this won't discourage you guys from posting those fabulous photos we've seen in the pages of MW thus far. I have personally enjoyed them so much, and I believe many of us here as well. Keep on clicking smile.gif

Talking of stolen photos, do uploaders on A.net have the options to include watermarks on it or the decision is totally down to the screeners?

Personally I don't mind the watermark as long it's on the sky or on the ground but I DO mind very much if some sicken pervert chooses to stamp it on or across the plane!! mad.gif rolleyes.gif

Talking of stolen photos, do uploaders on A.net have the options to include watermarks on it or the decision is totally down to the screeners?

Personally I don't mind the watermark as long it's on the sky or on the ground but I DO mind very much if some sicken pervert chooses to stamp it on or across the plane!! mad.gif  rolleyes.gif

22965[/snapback]

It is up to the uploader to have the watermark or not. As for me, I upload y photos there at 1200 x 800 pixels, no watermark. If they want to steal, steal lah.

The second photo was taken from my submission in A.Net.

It is not right to take other person's photo and sell it for profit without even informing the photographer.

I have made an official complaint to Ebay customer service and they will investigate and reply within 24 hours.

I am sure Ebay will do their job and stop at least this guy from doing the wrong thing.

Thanks for the links, Rozhan.

Agree with you Chaity. The nerve of that guy to sell pics which are not his. I hope nobody bids on them and eBay roots out such sellers, as they have done with some sellers selling counterfeit branded handbags.

Noted that there are risks of copyright infringement through the Internet... but to actually sell and make money from others' effort, without consent, is simply wrong.

It is up to the uploader to have the watermark or not. As for me, I upload y photos there at 1200 x 800 pixels, no watermark. If they want to steal, steal lah.

23032[/snapback]

Radzi..i already stole many lor..kept in their own houses..'My picture"..biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Both listings have now been ended by the seller, most probably directed by eBay for copyright infringement smile.gif

Sign in to follow this