MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Wonder when will MH cut their frequency to MEL? Next summer?

:drinks:

By tagging some of their flights via CGK perhaps.

This one is just too good to be left out. Apparently Uncle Tony posted this in all his personal channels (FB, Twitter etc)

Tony Fernandes

Maswings ceo silly and emotional. We wanted to fly kk sibu. They have exclsuive so said no. So we withdraw. End of story. Fatcs are facts.

7 hours ago · Comment · Like

But I guess, the revelation made by MASwings CEO has shown clearly who is the culprit. MH screw some, so does AK (in this case). This incident just further strengthen the impression that I have that the picture as posted 7 replies above is pure gimmick.

Thats great,AK's direct flight from KUL to Chengdu is coming soon :good:

Edited by Li Ren

Fantastic! But look a bit weird considering its right-to-left, and AirAsia.com logo is left-to-right.

The language and the country itself are referred to as السعودية (As Saudiah) instead of العربية (Al Arabiah) and الامارات العربية المتحدة

(Al Imarat/the Emirates). It seems like D7 is very keen on the Saudis (the inclusion of JED and Mecca in its KUL-AUH vv promotional page, confusion over UAE and the Arabic language as 'the Saudis' LOL).

The language and the country itself are referred to as السعودية (As Saudiah) instead of العربية (Al Arabiah) and الامارات العربية المتحدة

(Al Imarat/the Emirates). It seems like D7 is very keen on the Saudis (the inclusion of JED and Mecca in its KUL-AUH vv promotional page, confusion over UAE and the Arabic language as 'the Saudis' LOL).

Haha, maybe following your comment, it is now changed to Al-Imarat (الامارات)

Edited by Azri M.

Uncle Tony has promoted his Krispy Kream doughnuts to the world.

Tony Fernandes

love doughnuts. get Krispy Kreme on AirAsia flights.

3 hours ago · Comment · Like

As mentioned in the subject's thread, the doughnut will be sold in pair at a price of MYR 7.

Jealousy?

Tony Fernandes

Idris is minister of kpi. What would I like to be or what minister do all of you think I should be. Ps I think he will be a great minister

12 seconds ago · Comment

Why would Tony want to be a coolie to the PM? He is the boss of an admired company, and finacially well-off too.

Well it is not easy being a Minister - you either have to stick to your principles and do a good job for the rakyat or you become a politician and make ill informed decisions good for your pocket! :D Idris Jala will soon find out which route he needs to take!

I think this is a big one from Azran Osman on his Twitter a few days ago:

"Airbus boys in town. Heard our friends may copy our aircraft fleet strategy, down to the number of orders!"

MH to order 26 A330's and 10 A350's?

If MH were to 'photostate' D7's widebody fleet strategy, it could be 25 A333s (probably with convertible options to A350) and 10 A350s with 5 more options. Should be interesting to see what variant of the A350s that MH is going to choose. In my opinion, the -800 (which will replace A330-200 (should fits MH's requirement nicely. It has proven that the current A333s in MH's fleet with 298 seats in 2 classes are just too big for most of its route. The decision to go for A350 might as well resulted from further delay of the B787 program, the aircraft that many foresee MH to fancy.

As for Uncle Tony's question, most of his fans believe he will make a great Transport Minister or Tourism Minister. :)

If that is indeed true, then my dream of seeing a 77W in MH colors would never be realized :(

Mind you, an order for A350's now would probably mean deliveries close to the year 2020!

MH might go for leased A333s and these will be replaced by A350s when they become available. I think they are better off copying SQ than D7...

Mind you, an order for A350's now would probably mean deliveries close to the year 2020!

Isn't that a prove for MH's 5 star-world class thorough, thoughtful, tactful and strategic decision making? I'll be 40 years old by then. It could be very well take event during the next financial crisis too (1997-1998, 2008-2009, 2019-2020).

I think this is a big one from Azran Osman on his Twitter a few days ago:

"Airbus boys in town. Heard our friends may copy our aircraft fleet strategy, down to the number of orders!"

MH to order 26 A330's and 10 A350's?

I guess now Air Asia has trademarked "Purchasing of Airbuses". Anyone else even talking to Airbus would be copying their aircraft fleet strategy.

Childish, pure unadulterated childishness and bad talk from a "CEO".

Will the Japanese aviation market change under new DPJ govt? For starters, can the govt afford billion dollar bailout of JAL?

When I read the result of the Japanese elections, all I was thinking of is "will Malaysia be next"? Azran's thought processes were different, though! :)

Tony Fernandes' latest Tweet:

"Off to london now. Have to fly on mas ( first flight on mas for a couple of years). No seats on airasia."

What a backhanded statement, eh? :D

He has to pay for MAS seats, doesn't he? No more FOC seats for him. So in the past, he took SQ. But I wonder why he changed to MH this time...

I think the CEOs are not flying for free, but on heavily discounted tickets for premium classes. Maybe Uncle Tony happened to have to go to LHR pronto that any connection even in SIN will delay his business OR probably he wanted to check out how good (or bad) business is onboard MH since D7 joined the fray.

I am more inclined with the latter.