MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

Psychomotor test. What to expect?

Andrew K,

Dun worry man. engineering is still a great place!! Get involved with lots of aviation projects!! Try everything out, see if you prefer Avionics, Ergonomics, Structural Design, Materials. These are the areas of key development in the next couple of decades!

If cannot fly commercially, fly recreationally!

Test = fun?

Ibrahim..were u enjoying urself in SPM? laugh.gif

ANdrew..how is it? Result?

You used ur Pre-U results..taht means u didnt enter the Uni and applf or MAS? sorry..really confused with those pre-u..foundation year or blah blah blah... wacko.gif blink.gif

My pre-u results was my multipurpose passport. I used it for both the psychomotor and 'uni' entrance. Doing the American degree transfer programme so I am not really attached to any uni at the moment. Will do when I transfer. Who wants to join me? You can join right after f5! anyway, I called HR yesterday and they were like "No news". I think the following might have happened. 1.I failed the test and they didn;t want to tell me. 2. The OMR machine (the one that reads the testpapers, the type you get during PMR,SPM kinda thing) has failed and they have to mark them by hand. They had hinted at that when we had our 20 minute break. Oh, well. Life's like that. I'm still lucky I got to go for psychometrics a day after psychomotors,

I got the call for the interview. Hmmmm. No idea what to expect. The lady on the line was like "Dress smartly....tie...cut your hair etc etc. Now I'm bloody nervous. I;m not sure if I still want to fly, now with the resizing and so on. Its either this or a degree in the US. Its next monday. anyone else got called?

I had this really bad experience during the medical yesterday. I passed out after the blood test. Haha. I woke up to the nurses going "dik...dik" while lying on a bed. Bizarre as seconds earlier I was looking at the other candidate doing a manual eye test as he couldt see the letters in the electronic machine that well. i just felt light headed after getting my blood drawn (man, i hate it) and closed my eyes for a second. heard from the ther person i just fell asleep. lol. rethinking my options now. maybe i'm not cut out tofly after all.

dun worry lah andrew.

Some people are a little queezy when it comes to taking blood.. my dad is a pathologist, so i'm quite used to it.. but he will tell of stories when he was a boy and would faint when given a blood test! So things may pan out in the end! Keep your fingers crossed!

Are private pilot license trainees required to take the psychomotor test too?

Edited by LWwong

dont think so.(?) :help:

yes, if you got your licenses as a cadet pilot of any airline.. ;)

Might also depend on the type of licence you've got and the number of hours you've clocked, I believe.

Psychomotor and similar tests are conducted by air forces and airlines to weed out candidates who most likely will take a long time to acquire flying skills because of poor coordination. This ensures that the trainees complete their flying course as soon as possible. People with low psychomotor skills can still fly but may take many hours of practice to develop their flying skills.

i've passed my psychomotor test on the 29th of june and until now there's still no sign for me to go on for the next test ..

isit true tat the humour about calling candidates for the psychomotor test is just to show tat the HR is still Doing some works? i hope not ..

anxiously waiting the reply from them :(

is MAS still recruiting pilot ? coz with their situation now, the possibility is kinda low -_- !!

well .. sad

Edited by shane

i've passed my psychomotor test on the 29th of june and until now there's still no sign for me to go on for the next test ..

isit true tat the humour about calling candidates for the psychomotor test is just to show tat the HR is still Doing some works? i hope not ..

anxiously waiting the reply from them :(

is MAS still recruiting pilot ? coz with their situation now, the possibility is kinda low -_- !!

well .. sad

Well, some people get the psychometric test the day after psychomotor. maybe you just need to wait a lil more. should be smooth sailing after psychomotor i guess. :)

Have the feeling its the end of the road for me. Haha. Don't think MH wants blood-phobic pilots.

Andrew, So u went for the medical check up ?

as i know, tat's the last stage of the process .. u've passed the interview ?

how was it ?

Well Shane, I honestly had a lot of fun. Smiled my way though. Haha. I felt at ease with the 2 Captains and the guy from HR. They asked personal questions and some techinical stuff, nothing too heavy. Found it surprising that they asked me to draw stuff on the board tho. Have my physics teacher andm management lecturer to thank i guess. Best of luck to you!

yea andrew... mind to share with us the questions asked by them ?

at least we will hav some rough ideas about wat are they gonna ask when it comes to our turn =X

much appreaciation to u .. ^_^

Well, tips are - Be articulate in english, customary questions are tell me about yourself and why you want to join our company. Be sure to know who's who in the company and current issures related to the industry and the company (Thank you MalaysianWings). They would fire questions related to your answers, so think fast. If you arent sure, admit it. No use giving a crappy answer that would make them go "Righttttt......" Smile always, and try to have fun. Know how plane flies. They might ask you do draw a free-body diagram (i got that anyway) of a plane. Know the differences between aircraft. They would want to put some pressure on you but take it as a challenge. And, bring all of your certificates (they would comb through it). Prove yourselves worthy. Thats all i can say i guess.

and lastly but not the least..remain HUMBLE (but not to the extent that u will be perceived as underconfident)as u will see in MAS..the culture is to be humble to all your seniors especially the captains..this is one of the things that u must 'excel' in,if u get my drift..good manners and common sense also prevails.. :drinks: good luck to all candidates!

Free Body Diagram (FBD) is a diagram showing force vector components only about/with respect to a point of reference.

thx for the fast replies ..

how long was ur interview anyway ..

Dunno whether MAS still need freshies or not ..

anyone here is applying for the cadet pilot also ?

Sign in to follow this