MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Joseph Foong

Air Crash Investigation

Wow... another reason to stay glued to the TV. Funny thing is that in Singapore, we were not shown the Silk Air MI185 episode from the previous season. I wonder if they will do one on SQ006 in TPE?

Huh, why? Because it's a controversial issue? What with the pilot being accused of suicide and all?

I don't see any Air Crash Investigation episode on MI185? Care to clarify? I do recall a documentary on MI185, but I thought it was by Seconds from Disaster or a similarly named programme?

I don't see any Air Crash Investigation episode on MI185? Care to clarify? I do recall a documentary on MI185, but I thought it was by Seconds from Disaster or a similarly named programme?

I remember that ACI did show the MI185 incident before. It's a B737 that encountered rudder problem before the plane bank right, row over into a steep dive and crashed, right? There were 2-3 other similar incident also shown on ACI.

Can't we suggest to the producers to produce something on MH 653? It'd be interesting....

Did they produce one for the SQ 747 crash on departure in TPE?

Not yet I think, but somehow I thought I saw something similar on Seconds from Disaster.

Can't we suggest to the producers to produce something on MH 653? It'd be interesting....

Why not,i'm always hoping that the 'December 4th incident' will be made into ACI episode,and also the tragic crash of 9M-MGH at TWU back in the 1990s.

Not yet I think, but somehow I thought I saw something similar on Seconds from Disaster.

Yes it is,Waiping.There's a episode about the SQ006 incident at TPE on Seconds from Disaster.

Aiman,thanks for posting the 'The Plane that Vanished' episode.

Any idea this new season of ACI will be aired by ch553?

So far,no idea about when it will be aired. :pardon:

Here they are :-

Ironically I was watching the United 585/USAir 427 and Eastwind 517 ACI on Astro and the cases looks similar. Somehow this episode was not listing on Wikipedia. :unknw:

Ironically I was watching the United 585/USAir 427 and Eastwind 517 ACI on Astro and the cases looks similar. Somehow this episode was not listing on Wikipedia. :unknw:

LOL - you do know that a lot of those who update Wikipedia with a frightening religous zeal are young Singaporeans right? Hee hee :rolleyes:

Hello! after being long time to wait for the National Geographic channel on show the Air Crash investigations brand new series 7, is finally begin to showing in the National Geographic channel S.E.A on this coming June. here is a timetable

Crash Course

23 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Repeat shows-24 JUNE(WED)-1.00PM and 5.00PM

Lockerbie

9 JUNE (TUE)-9.00PM

Repaet shows-10 JUNE(WED)-Same time as above

Shattered in seconds

2 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Repaet Shows-3 June(WED)-Same time as above

Silent Killers

16 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Repeat Show-17 JUNE(WED)-same time as above

For malaysian viewers, please tune to National Geographic channel 553 on Astro, This brand new series of air crash investigations has been showing at NAT GEO UK almost a year, but i very glad that we have a oppurturity to catch this brand new episode at Malaysia, Singapore and HK. don't miss it.. :yahoo:

For more info in schedules update please log on http://www.ngcasia.com/programmes/air-cras...gation/schedule

Alright,the ACI Season 7 Malaysian Premiere will be in June.

Looking forward to the Adam Air and the ATR incidents :rolleyes:

Note to Mods:Please transfer or merge the 'brand new Air crash investigations on air at national geographic channel' topic here.Thanks again!

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

LOL - you do know that a lot of those who update Wikipedia with a frightening religous zeal are young Singaporeans right? Hee hee :rolleyes:

I thought they will be interested to put up the Silk Air incident...

Any idea this new season of ACI will be aired by ch553?

Hello! for your info The Brand new series of Air Crash Investigations 7, will be premier in the National Geographic channel S.E.A on this coming June. here is a timetable

Crash Course

23 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Lockerbie

9 JUNE (TUE)-9.00PM

Shattered in seconds

2 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Silent Killers

16 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

For malaysian viewers, please tune to National Geographic channel 553 on Astro, This brand new series of air crash investigations has been showing at NAT GEO UK almost a year, but i very glad that we have a oppurturity to catch this brand new episode at Malaysia, Singapore and HK. don't miss it..

For more info in schedules update please log on http://www.ngcasia.com/programmes/air-cras...gation/schedule

The Brand new series of Air Crash Investigations, will be premier in National Geographic Channel on every Tuesday 9.00pm and repeat shows is Wed 1.00pm and 5.00pm. here is timetable

Crash Course

23 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Lockerbie

9 JUNE (TUE)-9.00PM

Shattered in seconds

2 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Silent Killers

16 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

For malaysian viewers, please tune to National Geographic channel 553 on Astro, This brand new series of air crash investigations has been showing at NAT GEO UK almost a year, but i very glad that we have a oppurturity to catch this brand new episode at Malaysia, Singapore and HK. don't miss it..

thank you.

Again,National Geographic Channel's 'Air Crash Investigation' Series enters its 6th season.

Here's the official episode list for this season:

Title(Alternate title)

1.Lockerbie (Explosive Device)

Disaster:Pan-Am Flight 103

Date:December 21st,1988

Aircraft:Boeing B747-100

Cause of disaster:Terrorist bombing and explosion in mid-air

Pan Am Flight 103, a Boeing 747 flying from London to New York explodes in mid-air shortly after levelling off at 31,000 feet. The explosion causes the disintegration of the plane and wreckage lands in and around the small town of Lockerbie in Scotland, killing all 259 people on board as well as 11 people on the ground. The explosion was later determined to have been caused by a bomb in the forward cargo compartment.

2.Head on Collision (Collision course)/(Sight unseen)

Disaster:Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight 763 & Air Kazakhstan Flight 1907

Date:November 12th,1996

Aircraft:Boeing B747-100 (Saudi Arabian) & Ilyushin Il-76 (Air Kazakhstan)

Cause of disaster:Mid-air collision,Pilot error (Ilyushin)

A Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Air Kazakhstan Ilyushin Il-76 collide in mid-air over Charkhi Dadri, Haryanna, India; killing 349 people. Communication problems between the Kazakh jet and ATC, a design flaw in the ATC radar system, and cloudy weather; lead to the deadliest mid-air collision in history.

3.Shattered in Seconds (Scratching the surface)

Disaster:China Airlines Flight 611

Date:May 25th,2002

Aircraft:Boeing B747-200B

Cause of disaster:Explosive decompression,Structural failure

On 2002, a China Airlines Boeing 747 disintigrated in mid-air and crashed into the Taiwan Strait just 20 minutes after taking off, killing all 225 people on board. The investigation revealed that a tailstrike some 22 years earlier sealed the fate of the aircraft.

4.Deadly Prize (Blown Apart)

Disaster:Partnair Flight 394

Date:September 8th,1989

Aircraft:Convair 580

Cause of disaster:In-flight structural failure

On September 1989, a Partnair Convair 580 plunged into the sea just off the coast of Denmark killing all 55 people on board. Due to poor maintenance, the bolts joining the tail section to the fuselage failed in flight leading to a catastrophic structural failure.

5.Operation Babylift

Disaster:Crash during Operation Babylift

Date:April 4th,1975

Aircraft:Lockheed C-5A Galaxy

Cause of disaster:Explosive decompression

In the final days of the Vietnam War, an American-led coalition conducts a mass evacuation of infants and children from South Vietnam. During the airlift a United States Air Force Lockheed C-5 Galaxy suffers an explosive decompression soon after take off and has to return to Tan Son Nhat airport. It crashes in a paddy field near the airport.

6.Ditch the Plane (Falling Fast)

Disaster:Tuninter Flight 1153

Date:August 6th,2005

Aircraft:ATR-72

Cause of disaster:Fuel starvation,Ditching

On August 2005, a Tuninter ATR-72 ran out of fuel and was forced to ditch in the sea near Palermo, Italy. Of the 39 people on board, 16 lost their lives. The mistake was simply a wrong fuel gauge that sent higher fuel readings than the actual ones.

7.Lost in Space

Disaster:Adam Air Flight 574

Date:January 1st,2007

Aircraft:Boeing B737-4Q8

Cause of disaster:Pilot error,Navigation error

On January 2007, an Adam Air Boeing 737 crashed into the Java Sea killing 102 people on board. The pilots inadvertenly disengaged the autopilot while trying to fix the inertial reference system, causing the plane to plunge to the water.

8.Deep Freeze

Disaster:American Eagle Flight 4184

Date:October 31st,1994

Aircraft:ATR-72

Cause of disaster:Icing,design flaw

On Halloween 1994, an American Eagle ATR-72 suffered a loss of control and crashed near Roselawn, Indiana killing all 68 people on board. While flying in freezing conditions, ice acumulated on the wings. The inadecuate de-icing mechanisms failed to remove the ice, resulting in the disruption of the airflow.

9.Erebus Collision (The Erebus Disaster)

Disaster:Air New Zealand Flight 901

Date:November 28th,1979

Aircraft:McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30

Cause of disaster:Controlled flight into terrain resulting from poor navigation,whiteout condition and pilot error.

In thick clouds ANZ901, a DC-10-30 with 257 people on a tour flight collides with the side of Mount Erebus in Antarctica. All 257 die.

10.Who Caused the crash? (Stalled)/(Crash on Landing)

Disaster:China Airlines Flight 140

Date:April 26th,1994

Aircraft:Airbus A300B4-622R

Cause of disaster:Pilot error

During Landing upon Nagoya International Airport, CAL flight 140's flight crew turn on the autopilot. But the autopilot is still set to climb to 33000 feet. The plane climbs, but the crew left the engines at idle. The A300 stalls, and hits the ground killing all but 7 people.

The Brand new series of Air Crash Investigations, will be premier in National Geographic Channel on every Tuesday 9.00pm and repeat shows is Wed 1.00pm and 5.00pm. here is timetable

Crash Course

23 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Lockerbie

9 JUNE (TUE)-9.00PM

Shattered in seconds

2 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

Silent Killers

16 JUNE(TUE)-9.00PM

thank you.

If you, like me, cannot tahan to wait so long for the complete season can try Youtube. :p

If you, like me, cannot tahan to wait so long for the complete season can try Youtube. :p

Agree with you.Already watched 3 out of 10 episodes (Ditch the Plane,Deadly Prize & Lockerbie)

Haha, i also cannot tahan to wait wor, but have you ever imagine watch it on TV are more better then you watch it on youtube, because all just colours and videos quality matters...if u watch it with 32" LCD TV then u sure will get the effects brether..

Haha, i also cannot tahan to wait wor, but have you ever imagine watch it on TV are more better then you watch it on youtube, because all just colours and videos quality matters...if u watch it with 32" LCD TV then u sure will get the effects brether..

But you can't pause it and do some small or even big business if you watch it on TV :p

Edited by Li Ren

Did they produce one for the SQ 747 crash on departure in TPE?

When they do do they translate "waaa the weather sure teruk one aaa" from the actual CVR?? :rolleyes:

But you can't pause it and do some small or even big business if you watch it on TV :p

erm...i quit agree with your idea...but if we a good video editing, we still can edit the poor quality from youtube video and convert to a clear and good quality...

No doubt but the wait was too much to bear. After I got a small dose can get me going and wait another 2 months for program to be shown on TV. :p