MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
E Faizal

Baggage’s lost

My wife have flown to Singapore this morning with her colleague using MH611 that is a sharing code flight between MH/Silk/SQ.. Sadly their baggage was not together on their flight. At the lost and found office, they been told it is common for flight to Singapore from KL using MH.... Is that true?

Until now, there's no news about it and checking online on bagstatus site also showing nothing about case logged. Is it really taking much time to trace back the luggage? In this case, is it MAS or MAHB mistake while transferring the luggage from check-in counter to the plane?

If the baggage is not found in 24 hours, what is the next step? Do MAS will pay the items?

Please advice..

Did she place any valuable item in the luggage? e.g. laptop, jewelry, cash, camera? If not, the luggage will be found and returned else is likely to end up in a bin somewhere :angry: :(

:drinks:

Some years back, there were reports of a scam involving baggage staff who x-ray bags to locate valuables. Such bags are then re-directed to Terengganu where these valuables are adopted . . . and by the time the bags are "traced" and returned to the owners, they are also somewhat lighter.

If indeed bags loaded at KLIA bound for other destinations are routinely "going missing", are we possibly looking at such a scam re-surfacing?

KC Sim

Did she place any valuable item in the luggage? e.g. laptop, jewelry, cash, camera? If not, the luggage will be found and returned else is likely to end up in a bin somewhere :angry: :(

Nope... only her cloths for 1 week supply..

Always cover yourself with a travel insurance that cover lost luggage cases.

is it should be together when u purchase from full service airlines like MAS ?

Some years back, there were reports of a scam involving baggage staff who x-ray bags to locate valuables. Such bags are then re-directed to Terengganu where these valuables are adopted . . . and by the time the bags are "traced" and returned to the owners, they are also somewhat lighter.

If indeed bags loaded at KLIA bound for other destinations are routinely "going missing", are we possibly looking at such a scam re-surfacing?

KC Sim

I just hope it is miss route and it will sent back at my wife hotel... not into a bin somewhere..

That's were MAHB should be spending it's money - on upgrading the facilities at the KLIA.

Faizal, I hope your wifes luggage is found soon.

That's were MAHB should be spending it's money - on upgrading the facilities at the KLIA.

Faizal, I hope your wifes luggage is found soon.

Thank Sandeep,

Yep... Since Aer Assiya will move their butt off the KLIA to Labu, why not the budget for making new LCCT is move to upgrading the facilities of current KLIA.. Take a good consultant so that KLIA will be a good HUB like singapore or abu dhabi...

I just call the Lost & Found Office in KL.

They told it will take at least 5 days for them to trace the luggage. If not, then my wife need to fill up some forms... After that, she need to wait for another 2 weeks before she can claim the compensation from MAS...

Sorry for stupid questions below:

So is this MAHB's fault? and as far as i'm concerned, all the bags are electronically tag (with a number), so what has possibly gone wrong? (apart from the scam).

Thank Sandeep,

Yep... Since Aer Assiya will move their butt off the KLIA to Labu, why not the budget for making new LCCT is move to upgrading the facilities of current KLIA.. Take a good consultant so that KLIA will be a good HUB like singapore or abu dhabi...

I just call the Lost & Found Office in KL.

They told it will take at least 5 days for them to trace the luggage. If not, then my wife need to fill up some forms... After that, she need to wait for another 2 weeks before she can claim the compensation from MAS...

What??? 5 days to trace, wait for 2 week to claim??? :finger:

Sorry for stupid questions below:

So is this MAHB's fault? and as far as i'm concerned, all the bags are electronically tag (with a number), so what has possibly gone wrong? (apart from the scam).

That I'm not sure.. but, What i know... checking & loading is done by MAS ground staff while the baggage systems is owned by MAHB... So, there question is... where did the luggage is missing? Is it while during it is gone through the modern baggage's system or while it is loading by MAS ground staff?

What??? 5 days to trace, wait for 2 week to claim??? :finger:

Yep.. that is what the lady in lost & found office telling me.. But, i don't think the luggage is fly overseas..

Edited by E Faizal

Have you found the bag??

I believe MAS will give some money to buy clothing (about MYR150) if more than 24hours. A toiletry kit will be given on arrival when make lost report. (I am not sure if MAS give it but SQ/KE...etcs will provide).

What is the report reference nbr?

Have you found the bag??

You mention that the flight is code share.....what is printed in your ticket MH, SQ or MI??? If SQ or MI, you still have hope to get help from SQ or MI (they work better).

I believe MAS will give some money to buy clothing (about MYR150) if more than 24hours. A toiletry kit will be given on arrival when make lost report. (I am not sure if MAS give it but SQ/KE...etcs will provide).

What is the report reference nbr? something like AHLMH123456

1) If I got the replied from MAS 2weeks, fill form...etcs. I will bang the table and shout at the MAS staff. Then they will do something magic for you. Ask the staff to put herself on your shoes....no clothing for a week in SIN. No money given. On the day itself I will go to buy some clothe and keep the receipt to claim from MAS.

2) Did SIN check with KUL, if the bge loaded in the container? They will have record on it if the bge loaded.

HOPE THING ARE WELL WITH YOU.

Have you found the bag??

What is the report reference nbr?

Nah.. no 150 given or toiletry upon the report..

Now, she's will making official report to lost& found office in subang... so i think, after this, she need to wait for another 2 weeks. Anyway i think it will be a really involved so many 'birokrasi'....

Nah.. no 150 given or toiletry upon the report..

Now, she's will making official report to lost& found office in subang... so i think, after this, she need to wait for another 2 weeks. Anyway i think it will be a really involved so many 'birokrasi'....

Is it ok for you to give me the reference nbr?

If you were flying from ANOTHER destination and there was a transit or a change of aircraft involved in KLIA, I can understand that sometimes baggage do go missing (not that I am making any excuses for MAS). But from what I gather, you were on a strictly O&D flight which means you departed from KUL and got off in SIN. So it puzzles me how did MAS lose your wife's bags?

Edited by Ryan Soh

It's supposed to be a common occurrence ??? News to me.

I've done the the sector numerous times, O&D and transit and I'm sure some of you as well, seeing how Malaysians love SIN. What's weird is that it's never happened to me, MH & SQ have never lost anything. Was I lucky?

Lost luggage does happen, but i thought more likely to happen on transits like what ryan said.

KLM lost my luggage once, it ended up in Manila! But I'm not blaming the airlines, it's a statistical fact that it's bound to happen to fliers.

It's supposed to be a common occurrence ??? News to me.

I've done the the sector numerous times, O&D and transit and I'm sure some of you as well, seeing how Malaysians love SIN. What's weird is that it's never happened to me, MH & SQ have never lost anything. Was I lucky?

Lost luggage does happen, but i thought more likely to happen on transits like what ryan said.

KLM lost my luggage once, it ended up in Manila! But I'm not blaming the airlines, it's a statistical fact that it's bound to happen to fliers.

That is not what come out from me or my wife... That is come out from the mouth of person in Changi at lost & found... For me then, if that not common.. then she/he will not give a statement like that to my wife...

Anyway... While arrived in KL, my wife was been asked to look over if her luggage is exist in lost & found house(maybe warehouse) in KLIA.. Do you know how much luggage that was being miss routed to other destination before come back to KL or found in KLIA ? Thousand of it...

That is not what come out from me or my wife... That is come out from the mouth of person in Changi at lost & found... For me then, if that not common.. then she/he will not give a statement like that to my wife...

Anyway... While arrived in KL, my wife was been asked to look over if her luggage is exist in lost & found house(maybe warehouse) in KLIA.. Do you know how much luggage that was being miss routed to other destination before come back to KL or found in KLIA ? Thousand of it...

... and the baggages put up for sale reaching certain time, yes? I remember reading about it but could not recall the details though :sorry: :help:

Edited by Azrin A

Ahhh... They "lelong" it ? Hmm.. Probably most MAHB and MAS staff will bargain for it.

Anyway I not sure to pointing my fingers at... Is it should MAHB or is it MAS? Is it lost while it is on baggage system belong to MAHB? Is it really safe and loaded to the aircraft by MAS staff ? or it is lost while it is unloaded in Changi?

Anyway.... Who mistake it is.. at the end, still to MAS to claimed... :)

Found the luggage?

Edited by KK Lee

Thank you for remind me, I was to busy and forget about it :)

Malaysia_Airlines PR people here in MW said she will try to look over by the report number - Thanks..

Anyway, still no official update from MAS office yet. I think time to start chasing them again.

Sign in to follow this