MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia removes fuel surcharge, offers free seats

Got myself 2 tix KL-Guilin for Aug '09. Outbound RM0 fare, inbound RM175. All in RM322/pax return. :D

Got myself 2 tix KL-Guilin for Aug '09. Outbound RM0 fare, inbound RM175. All in RM322/pax return. :D

Added another 2 tix KUL-VTE for early Oct '09. Yes, need some days to see Luang Prabang, a World Heritage Site we've been longing to visit. Both ways RM0 ==> only RM113/pax return KUL-VTE all in. :D

Are you sure?? A return flight for KUL-BKK-KUL costs RM146.50 inclusive tax. If that's not impressive, I don't know what to say.

However, I agree, that the 0 ringgit fare is more limited than normally was.

what date did you try? i tried for June 2009 and that amount was stated

sudah tak boleh tahan, I think I just shoot any date since I can't plan so many months ahead. I might go BKI, LBU , KCH just for the fun of flying :p

Go BKI to wallap food, go LBU to visit my best friend, KCH ???? any suggestion ????

As advertised by AK today RM0 fare, booking period 17th-30th Nov'08, travel period 6th Jan'09 to 30th Apr'09 to Singapore,etc.

Can't find any RM0 fare to Singapore :angry::finger:

I strongly believe what AK try to do is to counter back what MH did last month,,"All Fare Include.."..I believe it just a game to attract more passenger to fly with them..If you been given an option to select on same fare at same destination, I believe people will go for MH instead of AK with MH inflight service,free luggage check in and seat num also aerobridge..

So not surprise to me, what Datuk TF try to do to prevent any losses to company account..Maybe AK will absorb bit the losses..

So reality is, hard to get for FREE and cheap this day..So wait for next month and Jan 09 at least, I believe MH will come and introduce new campaign..hehehe..Dont forget B737-800 (on lease) will be in MH service by early next year..

As advertised by AK today RM0 fare, booking period 17th-30th Nov'08, travel period 6th Jan'09 to 30th Apr'09 to Singapore,etc.

Can't find any RM0 fare to Singapore :angry::finger:

Simon, I thought you at middle of route between KUL & SIN and drive is best option you..hehehe.. :D :D

AirAsia To Abolish Fuel Surcharge

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 26 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd will be abolishing the fuel surcharge across all of its airlines in the group from today and in line with declining global oil prices.

The low-cost carrier will also abolish the fuel surcharge for its low-cost long haul affiliates, AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X, the company said in a statement.

Group Chief Executive Officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said this would be a plus point for consumers and the economy, as the tourism industry is a great job creator.

"This decision was made in November 2014, But, we are only able to implement it now and believe removing the fuel surcharge and reducing travel costs, will be a huge boost to the tourism industry," he added.

The abolishment of the fuel surcharge is expected to further reduce travel costs and stimulate more demand for travel and tourism.

Has anything else increased to make up for the removal of the surcharge?

AirAsia To Abolish Fuel Surcharge
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 26 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd will be abolishing the fuel surcharge across all of its airlines in the group from today and in line with declining global oil prices.
The low-cost carrier will also abolish the fuel surcharge for its low-cost long haul affiliates, AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X, the company said in a statement.
Group Chief Executive Officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said this would be a plus point for consumers and the economy, as the tourism industry is a great job creator.
"This decision was made in November 2014, But, we are only able to implement it now and believe removing the fuel surcharge and reducing travel costs, will be a huge boost to the tourism industry," he added.
The abolishment of the fuel surcharge is expected to further reduce travel costs and stimulate more demand for travel and tourism.

Some reports from The Edge:

Air Asia's no fuel surcharge seen lowering air fares, stimulating travel

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/air-asias-no-fuel-surcharge-seen-lowering-air-fares-stimulating-travel

Qantas lifts base ticket prices to offset dropping of fuel surcharge

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/qantas-lifts-base-ticket-prices-offset-dropping-fuel-surcharge

Sign in to follow this