MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

HKG aviation and skyline view

I was in HK for meetings and stayed there for about 28hours. Here are some highlights.

user posted image

Air Macau A321 with East Asia games (recent event)

user posted image

A local airline A320

user posted image

Near CI's hangar

user posted image

user posted image

Simple meal for a short hop to HK. Better than CX, which serves sandwiches. KA's standard inflight drink, however, is not a prudent choice because bean-based drink/food is not suitable for a reduced-pressure environment.

user posted image

We floated for a while along the Rwy before the engine noise picked-up and the a/c started climbing up again. Missed approach due to "unusual wind conditions". We climbed up and circled out (see red loop) to the sea before attempting another approach.

user posted image

user posted image

HK island skyline, most notably Island Shangri-La, Bank of China, Two IFC tower.

user posted image

Two IFC, designed by same guy who designed Petronas and Haneda's T2. Two IFC is where they print HK money.

user posted image

HK Convention Exhibition Centre, shaped like a boat. Lots of natural light. Glass panels also doubles as LED lighting for the light & laser show every night.

user posted image

Harborfront view.

user posted image

HK CEC

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Denny Yen

Nice photos bro. Especially loved the night shots! That phaellic looking building is extremely beautiful! smile.gif

Denny,

Gorgeous photographic trip-report !!!

Thanks for sharing...now you know, I really wanna visit HKG as well as KUL: many "rare" airlines for me wink.gif

Wahh.. Fly On DragonAir.. biggrin.gif First time I see the TransAsia Air livery. Love China Airlines also.. Nice Trip Report Bro.. realy Love Hong Kong.. with those massive modern structure.. it realy great City wub.gif

Denny, thanks for the photo. In fact, my brother's apartment is not too far away from the Convention Centre at Wanchai. Some local describe the Convention Centre bears resemblance to the Chinese turtle symbolising life and long age. Meaning HK has many years of attraction to come after 1997. Some people said it looks like the shape of a bird taking flight too.

The IFC Towers, the tall one is currently the 4th or 5th tallest in the world, after Taipei 101 (1st) , Petronas Towers (2nd and 3rd), Sears Tower (4th) and IFC (5th) bears the shape of a Braun shaver I reckon. biggrin.gif

Ground-breaking ceremony took place Wednesday last week for a new tower which will be taller than Two IFC. It will be built on Kowloon overlooking the IFC. I saw the design, it looks thin and wide...looks similar to iPod Nano.

As for the old Kai Tak airport, the rwy will be widened a lilttle bit. It will be ransformed into a docking area for large-sized cruise ships on both sides of the rwy. The middle of the rwy will have a rectangular-shaped public park.

To your suprise, there is a few mosque around HK..... One is at Tsim Sha Tsui just outside of Nathan Road. Saw people gathered there and wait for the sun to set and then start their feast of the day. Saw a lot of Indonesian (mostly labourer) and Pakistan patrons.

Nice photos, Danny. It seems there was a heavy fog in the airport.

Your night photos are even clearer. rolleyes.gif

HKG........miss approach, or go-around.....sound normal.

terrible wind there...not sometimes, most of the times!!!

its an island, airport build next to a hill size bigger than a penang hill...

the effect of such windy conditions.....i hate it!!!!

nice one denny....never take soy milk inflight...try and Fart........ blink.gif

HKG........miss approach, or go-around.....sound normal.

terrible wind there...not sometimes, most of the times!!!

its an island, airport build next to a hill size bigger than a penang hill...

the effect of such windy conditions.....i hate it!!!!

nice one denny....never take soy milk inflight...try and Fart........ blink.gif

14881[/snapback]

ooh TK..I think the weather there is a bit crazy too..last time when we touched down there..cant see anything outside but knew that aircraft is descending very fast..then 'Goommmmmm!' touched down! Really exciting!

Sign in to follow this