AK to Makassar & Tianjin

I was browsing the AK website, and at the bottom right corner, I spotted:

akfw6.gif

Makassar & Tianjin? Count me in! :D

Edited by Naim

I was browsing the AK website, and at the bottom right corner, I spotted:

akfw6.gif

Makassar & Tianjin? Count me in! :D

Initially there was Guilin as well but was removed a few days later.

Tianjin is one of the 2 original Chinese destinations (along with Hangzhou) that D7 planned to serve. I am glad that they stick to it. Now we can go to Beijing with low cost. I wonder whether it will be before the Olympic? KUL-UPG (Makassar) is a surprise. Finally, a direct non stop connection from the Malaysian Peninsular to the mystical island of Sulawesi.

AK should come to Balikpapan or Samarinda in East Kalimantan. There are a lot of Malaysian expats there (mostly in oil & gas and palm oil plantation industries), all of whom have no other choice but to return to Malaysia with GA via CGK or with MI via SIN.

Some connections in Tarakan would be helpful as well. Earlier MH served Tarakan from Tawau (with Twin Otter) prior to BTP. I hope MASwings will resume the route.

Also, PNK. Their big bright red office here is already covered by dust. All of us are wondering what is happening.

I think Tianjin destination will pair with Perth flights on D7. So likely after 2 November (when the D7 flight to Perth commences).

My guesses are:

So they are doing KUL-OOL-KUL-HGH-KUL at the moment...

and the brand new airbus will be doing KUL-PER-KUL-TSN-KUL

and the 2nd new airbus they are getting in Dec will do KUL-MEL/AVV-KUL-ATQ(Amritsar)-KUL (My speculation only)

And then with their A340 they will do KUL-STN-KUL

Any other speculation? Maybe Azmir I. can confirm this.

Edited by Azri M.

Apparently, the new terminal at UPG was completed last year and waiting for international flight. Guess AK will be using the new terminal at UPG.

:drinks:

I think Tianjin destination will pair with Perth flights on D7. So likely after 2 November (when the D7 flight to Perth commences).

My guesses are:

So they are doing KUL-OOL-KUL-HGH-KUL at the moment...

and the brand new airbus will be doing KUL-PER-KUL-TSN-KUL

and the 2nd new airbus they are getting in Dec will do KUL-MEL/AVV-KUL-ATQ(Amritsar)-KUL (My speculation only)

And then with their A340 they will do KUL-STN-KUL

Any other speculation? Maybe Azmir I. can confirm this.

My guess is as good as yours my friend but as for MEL/AVV Im not too sure.Last week as I was leaving the Flt ops after flight from OOL bumped into D7 CEO (En Azran) and asked him if D7 is either going to Avalon or Tullamarine and he answered they were still negotiating,so just wait and see.For us operating crew,the flight to Perth will be a daily one and in future the flight to HGH will be a layover for flight crew but cabin crew will continue to KUL.

AK should come to Balikpapan or Samarinda in East Kalimantan. There are a lot of Malaysian expats there (mostly in oil & gas and palm oil plantation industries), all of whom have no other choice but to return to Malaysia with GA via CGK or with MI via SIN.

Also, PNK. Their big bright red office here is already covered by dust. All of us are wondering what is happening.

Don't AK already fly into Balikpapan? What happened to Pontianak? AK never commenced service?

would be great ....been to Tianjin before and its only 1.5hr drive from Beijing.....another reason to fly to China again..hehe :yahoo:

Don't AK already fly into Balikpapan? What happened to Pontianak? AK never commenced service?

It's QZ that flies to BPN from CGK. AK/QZ never commence service to PNK, despite having an office ready here.

So since AK/QZ don't want to serve PNK, GA has upped their game by introducing 3 daily flights beginning 20 June 2008, Currently, GA serves PNK once daily. The flights will depart PNK at 0810, 1255 and 1750 hours respectively. Journey to CGK will take about 75 minutes and most likely it'll be on B737-300 aircrafts.

Tianjin is one of the 2 original Chinese destinations (along with Hangzhou) that D7 planned to serve. I am glad that they stick to it. Now we can go to Beijing with low cost. I wonder whether it will be before the Olympic? KUL-UPG (Makassar) is a surprise. Finally, a direct non stop connection from the Malaysian Peninsular to the mystical island of Sulawesi.

Some connections in Tarakan would be helpful as well. Earlier MH served Tarakan from Tawau (with Twin Otter) prior to BTP. I hope MASwings will resume the route.

Hmm,thinking about PNK..Back in 2006,when i was on industrial Training with MH at SBW office,The SBW District Manager gave me a report entitled 'Proposed Reinstatement of Local MAS Staff in Pontianak".The District Manager was former PNK area manager,before being transferred to SBW.