MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

MAS Song from the 80s

I remember MAS used to have this theme/ad song that sounds so catchy (not the one ad that ends with "Enchantment wherever you fly" - that was relatively later). Majalah 3 which used to have a feature on the history of MAS played it during the airing of that, I think in the late 1980s.

It's something like this from an 80s MAS ad:

Anyone knows? Is it possible to get the song anywhere?

Edited by H Azmal

Thanks for sharing.. :hi:

That ad was before 'Going Beyond Expectations'..that time was 'We'll treat you like gold !!'

Here's another take to this particular song I am looking for:

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

MAS ads in the 1970s and 1980s were very consistent and classy. Very charming and very Asian . . . always with a touch of gold, smiling cabin attendants and often with images of their planes.

These were traded for high-tech images, space stations etc . . . and consequently, her ads lost their Malaysian charm and feel. Perhaps the price of engaging international ad agencies whose people have not got that familiarity with all things Malaysian . . . but then again, it depends largely on the brief from the airline to the agencies.

I would love to see MAS return to having ads that portrays the gentler side of the Malaysian culture, softer jingle and music and perhaps a return to "we treat you like gold".

Somehow, I still love and miss the livery that MAS had immediately after the split from MSA. That shade of red is rich and very beautiful, the twin cheatline classic and classy and the font used was very pleasing to the eye. Hopefully when the economic crisis blows over, MAS undergo a corporate image revamp and engages Malaysians to undertake that task. Keep the wau bulan but portray it in a stunning manner . . . for inspiration, just look to TK's and Azahan's hometown. TK's dad brought me to a kite maker in Terengganu and the kites - rendered in batik designs - rocked all the way to heaven.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

What amuse me is that SQ keep their tag line "Singapore Girl - A Great Way To Fly" until now while MH keep changing theirs. Every ads include charming SQgirls...

Why did they change their branding from everything golden to what we have now? I can still remember eagerly reading their in flight mag Wings of Gold that my dad took from the plane, which later became the rather generic-sounding Going Places. The Gold theme have a certain class to it.

Sign in to follow this