MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Branden Ng

Singapore Airshow 2008 (19th - 24th Feb)

saw this air show advertisement in australian aviation magazine.

i never been to singapore air show before, so just wondering how true is the "ASIA LARGEST AIRSHOW" :pardon:

how many of you guys visited there before?

OFFICIAL WEB SITE

This is the inaugral

Previously, the Airshow in Singapore was "Asian Aerospace" - since moved to HK as of this year, and not to be left out of the circle, Singapore has begun this event - to outstage and outplay Asian Aerospace - believed to be the brainchild of the EDB?? Anyway... bugger... won't be in Singapore when it is on... bugger!

Just trivial question.... How do you define largest airshow?

by exhibitor?

by visitor?

by airplane on show?

by fairground?

Edited by Jessnor Arif

Just trivial question.... How do you define largest airshow?

by exhibitor?

by visitor?

by airplane on show?

by fairground?

i do come accross this question as well!

as far as i know, paris airshow should be one of the air show which qualified in all 4 requiements stated above!!

Time to bump this thread !!!

http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visiting.asp

The event will last from 19th February till 24th February. Public visit will be allowed on 23-24 of february.

Anyone going ?

I am tempted to go !!!! I have to worry about accommodation, transportation, food , basically everything. I have an uncle staying at Singapore but I don't wish to bother him.

Since Malaysia is too ignorant about their 16 years old LIMA, Singapore (as always) has taken advantage of it by staging this event. Of course it is going to be very successful.

i definately plan to go since i'll be at Senai Airport during that period...

but just wondering is't a good idea if i take MRT all the way to Changi?

anyone know how long is the journey?

enquired about making a passport today and it costs rm300 to make one nowadays!have to think about accomodation and food samo..but i want to go... :cray:

You can take MRT to Expo station and from there, there are shuttle buses to bring you to the airshow. :D

any idea of how long it gonna take?

it's not mentioned in the website.... <_<

enquired about making a passport today and it costs rm300 to make one nowadays!have to think about accomodation and food samo..but i want to go... :cray:

Guess we are on the same boat. I don't have passport too. Where to fork out Rm300 for a student like me :cray:

Another thing to worry is ... MY STUPID CAMERA !!!!!!! freakin 18mm-23mm ARgggg

:wacko:

KUL-SIN round trip inclusive of taxes

MH

Rm850+

Jetstar

Rm460+

or

PEN-SIN round trip inclusive of taxes

SQ Rm818

MH Rm893 (this kind of pricing with Boeing 737 ?????)

Conclusion = No Flying for me.

Still waiting for AK

to singapore normally I take the bus..RM30 only..the rest I spend on accomendation/food :pardon:

ok here's the info from the webby.

F. Train Service

The Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (SMRT) operates a regular train service to the Singapore Expo station.

• Take the eastbound East-West Green Line towards Tanah Merah Station (EW4).

• Get off at the Tanah Merah Station (EW4), go across the platform and transfer to the Changi Airport bound train (towards CG1 and CG2 Stations).

• The next stop from Tanah Merah Station (EW4) is the Expo Station (CG1). Get off at the Expo Station (CG1).

• Exit the Expo Station and transfer to the SBS Transit Shuttle Bus service available outside the station.

E. Shuttle Bus from Singapore Expo

There is also a regular shuttle bus service operated by SBS Transit from the Singapore Expo to the CEC during the Airshow period from 19 -24 February 2008. Pricing and shuttle schedule are as follows:

Singapore Expo to the CEC: CEC to the Hotel:

First shuttle: 8.30am

Last shuttle: 6.00pm

Price: S$5.00 per person per trip S$5.00 per person per trip

The travelling time by bus from the Singapore Expo to the CEC and vice versa is approximately 15 minutes depending on traffic condition.

have to think about accomodation and food samo..but i want to go... :cray:

If you wanna save on accommodation, go in a group of 3-4, rent a HDB room/unit on a daily/weekly basis. The rental are from about $150 a week depending on location and number of people sharing. Or stay in a backpackers place for about $20 a night. :drinks:

to singapore normally I take the bus..RM30 only..the rest I spend on accomendation/food :pardon:
u mean from KL to Singapore station? or all the way to Changi???? :blink:
ok here's the info from the webby.F. Train Service The Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (SMRT) operates a regular train service to the Singapore Expo station. • Take the eastbound East-West Green Line towards Tanah Merah Station (EW4). • Get off at the Tanah Merah Station (EW4), go across the platform and transfer to the Changi Airport bound train (towards CG1 and CG2 Stations). • The next stop from Tanah Merah Station (EW4) is the Expo Station (CG1). Get off at the Expo Station (CG1). • Exit the Expo Station and transfer to the SBS Transit Shuttle Bus service available outside the station. E. Shuttle Bus from Singapore Expo There is also a regular shuttle bus service operated by SBS Transit from the Singapore Expo to the CEC during the Airshow period from 19 -24 February 2008. Pricing and shuttle schedule are as follows: Singapore Expo to the CEC: CEC to the Hotel: First shuttle: 8.30am Last shuttle: 6.00pm Price: S$5.00 per person per trip S$5.00 per person per trip The travelling time by bus from the Singapore Expo to the CEC and vice versa is approximately 15 minutes depending on traffic condition.
thanks Benny! :drinks: very useful info!you plan to go as well?
Guess we are on the same boat. I don't have passport too. Where to fork out Rm300 for a student like me :cray:Another thing to worry is ... MY STUPID CAMERA !!!!!!! freakin 18mm-23mm ARgggg :wacko:
haha~ just go and apply... guess u can get it with in a week...let's meet at singapore air show.. :drinks:

I'm going during trade days. Late last year they gave free trade passes..

how u got it???

mind to get 1 more....please................

I'm going on trade and public... hehehe... i wonder how my trade pass is going on there.. Lee any news??

Sign in to follow this