MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nik H.

MasCharters Flies F1 Teams again.

Mufc8.jpg

Does he normally look so goofy ? (the football player in red that is !) :D

Ok, admittedly this coming from an LFC fan, but the evidence is there in the pic ! :p

Pieter, the football player, not the pen ! :p :D

Edited by BC Tam

well done Capt Nik! We can see clearly how ONE division with excellent leadership and vision can bring in the contracts and lift MH out of its gloom.

And i agree that you don't have to have NEW planes - as long as the inflight service is excellent and the meals are great, you will bring in the people.

Alan's post is very very true - look at the scheduled ops now and there is nothing special about it apart from the brilliant service from the cabin crew.

Capt. Nik, after all the positive and negative comments being hurled towards Mas Charter, i salute you and your team in Mas Charter for the job well done especially for flying F1 teams and being selected as the carrier for major European football team in the last few years. Congratulation to MasCharter. :drinks:

F1 will be 21-22-23 march 2008....so I guess they will come sometime 19 or 20march :rolleyes:

btw, I wonder when will the scuderia ferrari marlboro arrive at klia,exact time of arrival..... :rolleyes: (i asked this last year but failed to get any answers :( )

Edited by Mohd Yohan

F1 will be 21-22-23 march 2008....so I guess they will come sometime 19 or 20march :rolleyes:

btw, I wonder with what airlines will the scuderia ferrari marlboro come :rolleyes: (i asked this last year but failed to get any answers :( )

??????????

??????????
sorry , I mean time of arrival......my connection here is so bad :( i gtg...will post again sometime later tonite...... :D

Capt Nik, how about the equipments of F1 teams? There's this one huge billboard ad outside the F1 circuit that MASKargo transports the equipments of F1 teams. Does this only mean equipments to be used for the Sepang GP? How many teams' equipments are flewn in by MASKargo? Any info will be appreciated.

Capt Nik, how about the equipments of F1 teams? There's this one huge billboard ad outside the F1 circuit that MASKargo transports the equipments of F1 teams. Does this only mean equipments to be used for the Sepang GP? How many teams' equipments are flewn in by MASKargo? Any info will be appreciated.

Hi Sri,

I will try to answer you questions with the best of my knowledge:

MasKargo does operate some chartes for the F1 circus. They assist in doing the Australian / Malaysian & Canadian rounds. From memory they may also help with Japan & China too. In meaning assisting, other carriers will also fly equipment around too (eg SQ/JL etc) as it usually takes 4 x 747 freighters to fly all the equipment to fly away rounds.

In terms of teams, it is spread around each aircraft and can be split among airlines. Mostly depends on the load of the aircraft to get the correct weight and balance, so equipment from teams can be separated in some cases.

Equipment flown is every thing from the cars to teams equipment / tyers and even the race fuel.

Below are some pics of the 2006 & 2007 F1 charters for the Australian GP. These pics have been taken down at Avalon

Airport.

Unloading of i think Toyota's equipment & Michelen tyers.

2211141645_e9e23f8141_b.jpg

2 of Ferrai's cars from the lower deck. There were another 2 on the main deck, which make up the teams 2 race & 2 spare cars.

2211142287_eeae602e90_b.jpg

The other 2 Ferrari cars on the main deck. All cars are loaded on double deck pallets called PRA's.

2211141001_fde41ca7ba_b.jpg

Some of the Torro Rosso's equipment on the tarmac after being unloaded.

2211934294_e764954e9b_b.jpg

More offloaded equipment beloning to BMWSauber.

2211143227_7e9cabd88d_b.jpg

Even F1 saftey cars will ride to each event on board the aircraft.

2211962074_ac2ff31386_b.jpg

A pallet of used Bridgestone tyers.

2211983502_177fd93f70_b.jpg

This aircraft was packed to the max.

2211977116_aab11501c8_b.jpg

Some more cargo on board. I think it is some of the race fuel all packed up.

2211178077_85b47977cb_b.jpg

Hope that I have given you a insight of an F1 charter. If there are any more questions, i would be happy to answer.

BTW Capt. Nik, great pics, good to see the passenger side of a charter for once.

Brgds

Karl

Edited by Karlm

Woweeee ! I've said it before and I'll say it again :

AMAZING WHAT ONE CAN LEARN FROM THESE HERE FORUM !! :good:

Any idea why they are shifting the "used" tyres between races ?

Oooooo my god. I thought the Manchester trip report was great. But this one beats everything. Flying the F1 teams and drivers - I'd give anything to be on the flight - well.... almost anything. And you fly Mark Webber with you? That is sooooo great. :clapping: . I envy you Capt Nik. Very.......

Woweeee ! I've said it before and I'll say it again :AMAZING WHAT ONE CAN LEARN FROM THESE HERE FORUM !! :good: Any idea why they are shifting the "used" tyres between races ?
Tyers would probably be re used in testing, or they may be sent back to manufactures to be remade. Would be alot of money wasted just to be thrown away.
Do team crews need to be present to guide the airport ground crews for loading and unloading?
No team members need to be present at aircraft side for supervision, here in australia anyway.All handling is done by the airport and the logistics agent. You may get one or two people from FOM (Formula One Management) or from the logistics company travel with the equipment, but not all the time.

Sign in to follow this