MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

FlightMemory Thread

Just an update. On 13 August 2008, FlightMemory added new domestic map for China, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Malaysia.

Unfortunately, the map layout for Malaysia was very small and appeared unattractive on the profile page. I wish it could be larger. In addition, the calculation of flight details (doemstic, international - regional, international - inter continental) was not right as well.

FMMalaysia.jpg

But the good news is, we are now can have the profile viewed using Malaysia's domestic map in Bahasa Malaysia.

Congratulation to Karl and Affendi for reaching the 100th flight! It's always a highlight, big achievement. Care to share with us what flight is the lucky no. 100?

Thanks Azizul for the Congrats!

Here is the details for my 100th flight. (Probably no my actual 100th as Im still yet to update some of my earlier flights(that i can remember :pardon: ))

LAX Los Angeles, USA

SEA Seattle, USA

Tacoma 1,539 km

2:36 h

Alaska Airlines

AS281 Boeing 737-400

N771AS 14E/Middle

Economy

Passenger

Personal ( On my Visit to Boeing Factory & Museum of Flight )

So, here´s my banner ...

Wooah! 311 flights. Almost double mine!.

But i've almost doubled your distance.

Just shows how interesting this program is, and the differance your location in the world can make.

Edited by Karlm

After my latest update:

Top Ten Airports

# Airport Amount %

1 AMS Amsterdam 810 28.6 %

2 LHR London 172 6.1 %

3 ORD Chicago 81 2.9 %

4 EHTL Terlet 76 2.7 %

5 BKK Bangkok 71 2.5 %

6 KUL Kuala Lumpur 58 2.0 %

7 LEY Lelystad 49 1.7 %

8 FRA Frankfurt 46 1.6 %

9 MNL Manila 45 1.6 %

10 DXB Dubai 44 1.6 %

Top Ten Airlines

# Airline Amount %

1 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 374 26.4 %

2 KLM Aeroclub 78 5.5 %

3 NLM Cityhopper 59 4.2 %

4 KLM cityhopper 48 3.4 %

5 Philippine Airlines 44 3.1 %

6 Air Berlin 39 2.8 %

7 Malaysia Airlines 38 2.7 %

8 Finnair 37 2.6 %

9 Lufthansa 35 2.5 %

10 LOT Polish Airlines 31 2.2 %

Top Ten Aircraft

# Aircraft Amount %

1 BOEING 747-200 105 7.4 %

2 DOUGLAS DC-9-30 89 6.3 %

3 CESSNA 172 67 4.7 %

4 DOUGLAS DC-10-30 61 4.3 %

5 FOKKER F27 FRIENDSHIP 200 57 4.0 %

6 Boeing 737-300 52 3.7 %

7 BOEING 747-300 48 3.4 %

8 BOEING 747-400 48 3.4 %

9 BOEING 727-200 45 3.2 %

10 Boeing 737-400 41 2.9 %

Top Ten Routes

# FlightPath Amount %

1 AMS - LHR 74 5.2 %

2 LHR - AMS 74 5.2 %

3 EHTL - EHTL 37 2.6 %

4 AMS - AMS 29 2.0 %

5 ORD - AMS 21 1.5 %

6 AMS - ORD 19 1.3 %

7 FRA - AMS 16 1.1 %

8 AMS - FRA 16 1.1 %

9 LEY - AMS 16 1.1 %

10 AMS - LEY 15 1.1 %

Additional Data

Total Airports 216

Total Airlines 134

Total Aircraft type 140

Total Airplanes 747

Total Routes 587

Total Countries 50

Booking classes: Economy 1130 Business 52 First 22

Seat: Window 967 Middle 15 Aisle 42

Flight as: Passenger 1291 Crew 4 Pilot/Cockpit 120

FlightPurpose: Personal 1371 Business 44 Virtual/simulator 0

I'm new here and as invited by Azizul, I've added to the FM thread. =)

I don't fly that often and don't remember or keep records of any flights more than 2 years ago, so yeah...

Something shocking happened recently. The great Singapore Airlines made it into my Top 10 Airlines chart and debuted at no. 6! (For those who know me, SQ would be the last airline in the world to be associated with me).

SQFM.jpg

Find out how SQ 'made it' in my trip report thread in the Flight Logbook subforum. Btw, KCH is no longer my no. 1 airport as KUL has clinched back the top spot.

My top 10s:

#    Airline     Amount     %
1     Qantas Airways      43      23.9 %
2     Singapore Airlines      36      20.0 %
3     British Airways      25      13.9 %
4     Cathay Pacific      12      6.7 %
5     American Airlines      12      6.7 %
6     Air New Zealand      8      4.4 %
7     Virgin Blue      6      3.3 %
8     JAL Japan Airlines      6      3.3 %
9     Thai Airways      6      3.3 %
10     SWISS      4      2.2 %

Heavily skewed towards the top 3 unsurprisingly. Didn't know I'd flown Cathay, Thai or DJ that much.

#    Airport     Amount     %
1     MEL     Melbourne      72      20.0 %
2     SIN     Singapore      61      16.9 %
3     SYD     Sydney      29      8.1 %
4     HKG     Hong Kong      18      5.0 %
5     LHR     London      17      4.7 %
6     BKK     Bangkok      16      4.4 %
7     AKL     Auckland      12      3.3 %
8     KUL     Kuala Lumpur      12      3.3 %
9     CBR     Canberra      10      2.8 %
10     NRT     Tokyo      9      2.5 %

SIN and HKG would've gotten more hits had I broken up the QF 2 segment flights via both airports (eg QF9 MEL-(SIN)-LHR) and listed them seperately.

Edited by Keith T

... SQ would be the last airline in the world to be associated with me

May I know why is that - did you have a bad experience with SQ previously?

I take that SQ made up to your top 10 because you flew JED via SIN and AUH? ;)

I'm new here and as invited by Azizul, I've added to the FM thread. =)

I don't fly that often and don't remember or keep records of any flights more than 2 years ago, so yeah...

I keep the boarding pass, but some printing has already faded, including my Taipei trip in July this year. :(

SIN and HKG would've gotten more hits had I broken up the QF 2 segment flights via both airports (eg QF9 MEL-(SIN)-LHR) and listed them seperately.

Keith, if I were you, I would break up all the segments to reflect the actual situation as the aircraft didn't flew direct non stop all the way from MEL to LHR. So say, flight QF XXX from A to C via B will be recorded as 2 flights even though it is having the same flight number, using the same aircraft, you are seating on the same seat, travelling on the same date, day etc.

Yay I have finally reached the moon

Congratulation Keno! I wonder when will it be my turn.

May I know why is that - did you have a bad experience with SQ previously?

No, no. If I can put it in a way... EPL style. You came from West Bromwich and you are a fanatic, die hard fan of your hometown team, the West Bromwich Albion (WBA) since you were a little kid. You would go all the way to support your favourite team by all means, what so ever, even though they sometimes caused you many hassles and embarassments. You are secretly hoping for WBA to be the league's champion even though you know it is almost impossible.

Then there's a team from a neighbouring town called Manchester United (MU), which stands at the other end of the spectrum. MU was a former 10 times Premier League champions and is leading the current season's league (in 3rd place as of we speak), and it is a team with superstar players, top coaches and manager. So, if MH is WBA and SQ is MU then... I hope you get my point.

I take that SQ made up to your top 10 because you flew JED via SIN and AUH?

I like you. You are smart. My next inbound trip to KUL will be done via the same routing as well. And my first experience with SQ and SIN was 'great' to say the least. SIN in particular was totally out of this world, I was blown away. Wow, what an airport!

This is a big thing for me, because I am now a Krisflyer member and so all flights from now on (especially non business trip) will take all applicable Star Alliance airlines into consideration, so MH is in a BIG trouble I can assure you. To make it worse, it's all rooted from MH's incapability to provide a seat for me to JED on the day I wanted to travel. So since the 'forbidden' switch has been turned on, weather or not I will switch team, I guess we will see sooner or later. (I can sense that those who have been rooting for me to dump my stupid loyalty-ness to MH like Izanee, Rozhan and Mushrif must be grinning upon reading this).

I keep the boarding pass, but some printing has already faded, including my Taipei trip in July this year.

Welcome to the club Waiping! Wouldn't it be nicer if you could make your page public viewable?

Things like that (boarding passes faded away) do happen but I think it will only cause minimum incompleteness to your record (seat number field left unfilled) as the rest of the info can still be able to be tracked down from the tickets/etickets. If you have the habit of taking pictures of your boarding passes (as part of your trip reporting routine), maybe you could zoomed in the respective pictures to get the details.

Keith, if I were you, I would break up all the segments to reflect the actual situation as the aircraft didn't flew direct non stop all the way from MEL to LHR. So say, flight QF XXX from A to C via B will be recorded as 2 flights even though it is having the same flight number, using the same aircraft, you are seating on the same seat, travelling on the same date, day etc.

Isn't that the correct way to 'fill' your Flightmemory flights ? :pardon:

i.e. 1976: KL0861 AMS-ATH-DXB-BKK-MNL would be regarded as 4 flights (time between airborne-touchdown is one flight) ;)

So, now you guys know, why I've so many flights listed (still figuring out how to add all my Cessna 152/172 training flights in the US, though, as not all airports could be loaded/not in the system of Flightmemory)...

It's more work though. :p

Mmmm, but it means I get a few more segments in. :D

Edited by Keith T

... I hope you get my point.

Now I undertand why! I like the way you depict MH/SQ as WBA/MU! :D

This is a big thing for me, because I am now a Krisflyer member and so all flights from now on (especially non business trip) will take all applicable Star Alliance airlines into consideration

Krisflyer is a good FFP, although it may not be the best FFP around if you want to make Star Alliance airlines redemption. IMHO bmi is way better but sadly their days are numbered.

Mmmm, but it means I get a few more segments in.

OMG, would it mean you will surpass 200 flights then? At the moment I can see that there are 3 of us here who are racing to surpass the 200th flight mark:

H C Chai - Currently at 196 flights, based on his signature, he will surpass the 200th mark on 8 February 2009, upon completing his HEL-HKG sector with Finnair.

You - Currently at 180 flights before the break up. Would it add up to 20 flights after the break up? It is interesting to note that your route map will be changing (to a more precise) as well post break up.

Me - I have 188 flights at the moment. My travel plan is a bit uncertain in nature so I couldn't figure out when I will surpass the 200th flight mark. It could be as soon as before the year end or probably in early 2009.

Who will come up on top? May the best man wins hahaha... :)

Krisflyer is a good FFP, although it may not be the best FFP around if you want to make Star Alliance airlines redemption. IMHO bmi is way better but sadly their days are numbered.

I received my ticket on 14 November 2008 and the travel date was on 16 November 2008. I didn't have enough time to do a research on which Star Alliance airlines have the best FFP, so I just signed up with KrisFlyer straight away.

So far so good, the miles is accrued into my account on time, when I checked on it upon arriving in JED. Way different from Enrich, which sometimes took a few days to accrue the miles. I tried to make some dummy online redemption as well and the feature is great, I think it is better than Flying Blue's online redemption interface. Enrich on the other hand has yet to arrive in this online redemption era, how sad isn't it?

Who will come up on top?

Look at my signature :p

Updated. But only 2 extra flights as I've discovered that there were a few times I deliberately ticketed myself on different flight numbers on the Roo route to get more status bonii. :p

Expect my *A segment count (SQ, LX, SK) to increase in Dec... no I'm not switching allegiances from OW, just been busy redeeming my *A miles. Praise be to bmi diamond club...:D

Edited by Keith T

Wow, nice guyz.....so many miles flying.

Me myself hv been on more than 100 flight(i think), pretty descent for 18y/o :pardon:

Edited by Seth K

You should have a FlightMemory account, Seth. Your page must be really cool with Nigeria and such. Plus, no one in MalaysianWings have Emirates as their no. 1 airline in FlightMemory.