MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Norman

Penang Int'l Spotting in 2008

Bob,

You're so damn lucky :blink: ; thanks for sharing...

I formed a habitual act is to looked out the window each time I enter my apartment. Today I saw from far a very unusual blue tail plane parked at a remote spot which is near to FY's usual parking place.

Since the airport is just 5 minutes away from my apartment, I decided to take a closer look. I have to park illegally to just have a quick shot of that plane. The plane is a Boeing 767-300ER with the rego HB-JJG.

Does anyone know what is this plane doing at PEN ??? Very sorry, no pics to share as my angle is blocked by the ATC tower.

I formed a habitual act is to looked out the window each time I enter my apartment. Today I saw from far a very unusual blue tail plane parked at a remote spot which is near to FY's usual parking place.

Since the airport is just 5 minutes away from my apartment, I decided to take a closer look. I have to park illegally to just have a quick shot of that plane. The plane is a Boeing 767-300ER with the rego HB-JJG.

Does anyone know what is this plane doing at PEN ??? Very sorry, no pics to share as my angle is blocked by the ATC tower.

That aircraft was handled by KLAS. I'll try to find out what it was doing here. Did you also see the two SQ B777s at PEN on 17NOV? The one at Bay 8 was 9V-SVB (SQ192/191) while the one at Bay 6 was 9V-SVE (SQ197D).

Weather was too crappy to shoot Finnair B757 as well.

The plane is a Boeing 767-300ER with the rego HB-JJG.

Great !!! ex-KLM 767-300 :pardon:

That aircraft was handled by KLAS. I'll try to find out what it was doing here. Did you also see the two SQ B777s at PEN on 17NOV? The one at Bay 8 was 9V-SVB (SQ192/191) while the one at Bay 6 was 9V-SVE (SQ197D).

Weather was too crappy to shoot Finnair B757 as well.

I didn't notice two SQ tripple 7 yesterday.

The 767-300ER is still parked there without any movement, I am hoping to get her departure.

The weather is crappy this morning as well, low visibility ! :sorry:

I didn't notice two SQ tripple 7 yesterday.

The 767-300ER is still parked there without any movement, I am hoping to get her departure.

The weather is crappy this morning as well, low visibility ! :sorry:

Good luck with getting the B763! I'm out of Penang for these few days so I'll be missing her departure. There'll also be MH B744 Hajj charters these few days, so have fun!

DSC00073s600.jpg

Long time no see Eva Air Cargo MD-11

DSC00149s800.jpg

Finally !! I caught her HB-JJG !! It is Privat Air's Boeing 767-300. Still no idea why she is here :pardon:

Privat Air ??? Never heard of it

All of my take off shots were screwed up because I am only limited to certain angle to shoot.

I fail in editing photos :sorry:

The grass is always greener on the other side

Subang pun green jugak. :p

Nice catch of all rare Bird Penang SPotter~!!..

Wilson finally go spotting :p Nice EVA :clapping:

Yeah !! I am back to school for my final semester, I got my final year project to catch up but it won't prevent me to go SPOTTING !!

I will be going for spotting on Saturday, I have two special guests to join me. if any of you happen to drop by at PEN, feel free to join us.

Long time didn't stand on top of my kerusi merah and it is collecting dust at home.

Hopefully good weather and good traffic on Saturday !!

Nice spot there. No tarmac visible as if they are taxiing on the grass a-la small airfield... ekekeke... :good:

Nice shots of PrivatAir 763! :D I believe this one is ex KLM PH-BZO (correct Pieter? :pardon:)

see post #655 :pardon:

RAAF C-17 Globemaster due late afternoon friday 21/11, should be over nighting and be there Sat morning.

Cheers GW

Thank you brother Greg Wood for information. Hope I don't miss her departure

*Evil laugh WAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

Just came back from being a driver from the airport..... (my fee was "Tah pau/Takeaway" Roti Jala from AK!)

microwaved it and gobbled it down,yummy!!

Parked at the apron Near control tower was a B737-700 with winglets - could not see the name of the airline.. too far!! Can anyone confirm?, Bob - you are the most resourceful of Pg airport.... perhaps you can help... Interested to know what other airline is this... perhaps another charter like the Privatair...

around 8ish near 9pm I think - saw a 2nd CX aircraft in motion (landing I think) I think its the silver bullet cargo aircraft. The usual aircraft(Today A333) parked stationary overnight for next day early departure at the usual last gate already.

could not get any info from flightstats...

Edited by yeadrian

Some of Saturday (22/11) shots. Just normal visitors...

The Korean arrived immediately after I arrived at bus stop:

P1000824_11.jpg

Then followed by these...

P1000883_11.jpg

P1000900_11.jpg

P1000928_11.jpg

LeeCH? Naah, probably not...

P1000957_11.jpg

2nd FeDex arrival, MD-11

P1000971_11.jpg

'Ah Ho' [AHO] slipped off the runway and stopped on the grass....

P1010002_11.jpg

Well, actually she was exiting the runway and MAB need to cut the grass!!! Overgrown everywhere! You could even play paintball in there!

Wilson said she normally don't come on Sat. So, she was abnormal that day :p

P1010023_11.jpg

Fin...