MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilber Tan

cockpit visit

hi all..iam flying to kul from kch this saturday..flight AK5207..

anyone of you flying with me and i wonder who is d pilot..hoho..

i want to request a cockpit visit so wish the captain or 1st officer is a member of MW. That will be an advantage isn't it???

wanna ask you all..is cockpit visit most accepted after landing? Can be accepted on air??

i wish my request can be accepted before take off or on air coz after landing i will be in rush to Malacca..

Edited by Wilber Tan

Wilber, on AK with short turnaround times, its lucky enough to just have a quick peek at the cockpit, as pilots are busy preparing for their return leg , and secondly before take off, in order to secure your window seats, it means u need to run hehehe...

On air, its a strictly no no condition to enter the cockpit, unless u know the captain, knowing the f/o only won't help as it is captains decision to allow or not ur access into the cockpit during flight.. so the best option is actually after landing... but yet again, short turnaround time, so pilots might be able to let u in like less than 1-2 minutes take all your shots there and cabut....

You can try your best this Saturday bro.... cheers :drinks:

Edited by Ignatius

kk..then better enter the cockpit after landing..take few snap and go...it should be ok..

ty 4 d info

Wilber, after landing, just before u leave the plane, is always the best time, i have tried it with BA 744 , took a few shots and chat with the team :rolleyes:

Good Luck this SAT,

All the best! :drinks:

Normally in AK,cockpit visit will approve only after landing..

You better write a note and give to FA while boarding..

Just tell the FA to give that note to captain..

If FA ask u what is it?just tell them,"just give to captain and captain will know"... :rofl:

In that note,just write about yourself,about your interests,why you want to visit the cockpit and

related issues...hehe

I just made it,and i was give permission to visit the cockpit in my flight AK6325..

huhu... :D

thanks!

GooD LuCk! :D

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

Normally in AK,cockpit visit will approve only after landing..

You better write a note and give to FA while boarding..

Just tell the FA to give that note to captain..

If FA ask u what is it?just tell them,"just give to captain and captain will know"... :rofl:

In that note,just write about yourself,about your interests,why you want to visit the cockpit and

related issues...hehe

I just made it,and i was give permission to visit the cockpit in my flight AK6325..

huhu... :D

thanks!

GooD LuCk! :D

oh...y cant i tell the FA is a request? they will decline?

i know that dont joke with them...if i say its a paper bomb then they will call d police..yer..

oh...y cant i tell the FA is a request? they will decline?

i know that dont joke with them...if i say its a paper bomb then they will call d police..yer..

if u write a note,maybe they will send it to captain directly..

if u just tell them,maybe they won't ask the captain..

Ya. About me, i oso writing a note to captain directly... Thinking that the captain is serious when he's at Sibu. Goes to toilet and look into shops. But he likes to buy souviners to someone (mayb girlfriend) la!! Cauz dunno wat's the thing tat his girlfriend wants...

But cool oso... He dislikes wearing ties but friendly to me oso... I jus pass the note to captain by stewardness...

The stewardness ask me whether she can see the note or not. Then she see it and give it to captain...

Then, a reply from stewardness

See 1st when landed at kl...

After landed, i wait until all passenger left the plane.. The captain jus stood at front, looking every passenger out of plane. Except me... The captain juz look at me and stared me...

I was thinking... 'Haiz, no chance liao' Nex time see la

But he sees me holding camera, and standing this chance to say the letter tat i gave to him. So he accept my request and go in...

Then , happy lo...

Bro, if u wanna go visit cockpit, show them ur interest...Tat's the main thing.

So ganbateh. :drinks: By the way, i will return Sibu on this saturday oso... See got chance to visit...

Hope can see tat captain again...

There is no impossible for anything if you have your dream. So, try to visit the cockpit...

Dun care your mum anxiety. Jus go and release ur wishes!!!

Last time when i went Xiamen by Xiamen Airlines.Just after the pilot park the plane at tarmac and few moments later, the pilot come out from the cockpit and

went out with other passengers..So for the case like this,how to visit the cockpit as the pilot are so hurry..?? :pardon:

Edited by Li Ren

i went to cockpit in almost all of my flights

just ask gently

dont forget to smile (girls' power!)

hehehe

(girls' power!) hahaha :drinks: i want that power :yahoo:

Will, I managed to visit cockpit 2day. How's it? Brother?

I use a whole night to write the letter. But managed to suceed. Thx to my captain and 1st officer...

Hope u succeed...

Edited by michyiki

maybe your efforts will makes ur dreaming become true to visit the cockpit... :good:

On that note,just write a short note...

-tidak perlu panjang2 macam essay yg 280 words- :rofl:

OMG..

one hour to write a letter?

its like exam..

hihihi

btw,good luck for u bro...

then snap a pictures for me :D

Ya, Surely u will see my flight report.

Refer to the flight report, then u will noe the real of flying in the sky...

Hehe... Jus kidding...

I remember in late 2003, was flying KK-JB on AK. Wrote a short note to the capt to fill in my flight log, end up the capt invited me into the FD to chit chat, was nice chat for abt 1 hr. Asked abt j/s landing in JB, but turned down. I guess if you really want to visit, write a note, and hope for the best. The worse u get is a polite "no", whereelse if you never ask, you never know... :-)

hi guys...

sadly i did not request coz i have no time to loose after landing,

have to walk through a long path at the LCCT after landing and catch up a taxi and rush to malacca.

now @ malacca lo...still dunno when will go back to KCH yet...going to KL tomolo o day after..

bye guys

erm..guys,not ure if this is the right place to ask but do you guys know where i can get the new cockpit picture of our MiG-29Ns?or does anyone have it already?

can do it (i mean write note to pilot) at all flight? or Airasia only? :mellow:

From my experience it depends a lot on the nationality of the capt. American and European capts are generally more receptive to such requests as compared to their Asian counterparts. Australians are just as bad as Asians from my experiences with them.

I have never failed (save for 1 flight on Republic Airways) to have my data sheet filled up and my flight log signed on a US or Europe based carrier. On Asian carriers, it's the opposite. AK pilots generally do entertain such requests but MAY turn them down due to lack of time on short turnarounds but on the whole they are light years away from their western counterparts in terms of accepting flight deck visits or signing logsheets.

Sign in to follow this