MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
iwan

Future of the RMAF

guys..i came across a few pics of a russian Su-30 tailsigned '04 blue' which was labelled be a few photographers as the Su-30MkM..can anyone clarify this?it does have some traits of the MkM but is painted in the russian grey camo scheme..is it possible that this was the Su-30MkM?since ive seen the prototype of the MkI which was painted in russian blue camo for display purposes before this...

here are a few pics comparing the 04 blue plane and the actual MkM dleivered to the RMAF..

1299161editedcopy.jpg

1293810editedcopy.jpg

img_9642_smeditedcopy.jpg

img_9654_smeditedcopy.jpg

img_9495_smeditedcopy.jpg

P1010750editedcopy.jpg

P1010523editedcopy.jpg

P1010524editedcopy.jpg

1)gills on the nose in front of the irst ball

2)pod on the spine

3)electronic countermeasures on the tail boom

4)slanted tailfins

5)ecm pods by the intakes

6)ecm pods under the LERX

A very nice, in-depth discussion and analysis of the situation. However, if you showed this to our esteemed deputy prime minister aka "defense minister" :rolleyes: , he wouldn't understand a word of it.

He does actually, in meetings I'm told he corrected some of his generals even....

guys..i came across a few pics of a russian Su-30 tailsigned '04 blue' which was labelled be a few photographers as the Su-30MkM..can anyone clarify this?it does have some traits of the MkM but is painted in the russian grey camo scheme..is it possible that this was the Su-30MkM?since ive seen the prototype of the MkI which was painted in russian blue camo for display purposes before this...

here are a few pics comparing the 04 blue plane and the actual MkM dleivered to the RMAF..

1299161editedcopy.jpg

1293810editedcopy.jpg

img_9642_smeditedcopy.jpg

img_9654_smeditedcopy.jpg

img_9495_smeditedcopy.jpg

P1010750editedcopy.jpg

P1010523editedcopy.jpg

P1010524editedcopy.jpg

1)gills on the nose in front of the irst ball

2)pod on the spine

3)electronic countermeasures on the tail boom

4)slanted tailfins

5)ecm pods by the intakes

6)ecm pods under the LERX

Iwan,

This might solve your quest.

malaysiansu30mkmprototyxe8.jpg

Iwan,

This might solve your quest.

malaysiansu30mkmprototyxe8.jpg

whoa..pretty much answers everything i wanted to know..thanks! :)

Curious why RMAF Su-30 need laser illumination warning sensor?

:drinks:

The evolution of modernday air warfare.The countermeasures just keep coming up to defeat modernday weapons.

go and checkout the Air warfare doctrine in USAF and RAAF.

He does actually, in meetings I'm told he corrected some of his generals even....

a "he"? I thought our defense minister was actually a "she"...the "he" was just a front. :rolleyes:

lol..btw,guys..i just read in a magazine about the RMAFs interest in purchasing the aerial version of the indian supersonic cruise missile,brahmos..anyone can clarify on this?

another thing is,its been years since we started talking about getting an AEWC platform..and talks on the erieye seems to have died down already..what is in the mind of the rmaf actually?

a "he"? I thought our defense minister was actually a "she"...the "he" was just a front. :rolleyes:

Someone was upset when No.1 remarried, hence had to vacate temporary 'First Lady' crown :)

..... what is in the mind of the rmaf actually?

Should be trying to stop the Nuri's from falling out of the sky. Well, a right thinking mind anyway

i see TUDM as a very fragmented force, with lots of different aircraft types and small numbers of each type.

Yes indeed the RMAF is a fragmented force.

Not as bad as the Royal Thai Air Force, especially look at their transport-fleet :blink: :blink:

Iwan,

Excellent series of pictures about the difference of TUDM Sukhois versus the other "operators"...

Roadshow for RMAF golden jubilee

By ZULKIFLI ABDUL RAHMAN

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) is holding a roadshow in conjunction with its golden jubilee celebrations this year.

The roadshow would include activities such as exhibitions to be held at shopping complexes in several states from now until June.

Selected airforce bases would also hold open days for members of the public.

RMAF public relations officer Mejar Zulkiflee Abdul Latiff said RMAF personnel would hold unarmed combat demonstrations, cultural dances and marching band performances.

The first round of roadshows will begin at the RMAF College in Alor Star from Friday to Sunday, followed by Dataran Merdeka, Kota Kinabalu (Feb 15 to 17); Kuching, (March 21 to 23); Ipoh (April 11 to 13); Kuantan (April 25 to 27), KL Sentral (May 16 to 18) and at the Subang RMAF airbase on June 1.

"The golden jubilee celebrations are held with the theme Gallantry in the Sky with the intention of fostering closer relations between the RMAF and the public, and also to attract the younger generation to join the armed forces," he said here Wednesday.

we need one Hawkeye, 2-3 FA18F and a couple of F-15J eagles. if possible, we should buy 2-3 apaches as well. Don't worry about the low numbers - we have about 44 skyhawks rotting in the desert somewhere.

Don't worry about the low numbers - .....

Why not worry ? How to do a credible flypast for annual merdeka parade with those pathetic few ? :)

Do take note of the small captions

"This unusual video shows a MiG Hind Helicopter in flight at a Russian air show. What makes it amazing is that the speed of the camera and the rotors are almost precisely synchronized, making it look like the helicopter has no visible means of support!"

Hahaha...BC Tam - I'm sure we can do a credible fly past with a combination of these jets - hell - why not be a hero and do a solo performance?

guys..are there any confirmation on how many airbus A400M we will purchase?is it going to replace the C-130s?we do have a weird habit of buying all variants of aircrafts eh?

and i cam across this at an airbus website..

Production is thus in full swing in all the A400M facilities across Europe, Turkey, Malaysia and South Africa to complete the production of these five development aircraft.

source

there is a facility here in malaysia??anyone can clarify this?

guys..are there any confirmation on how many airbus A400M we will purchase?is it going to replace the C-130s?we do have a weird habit of buying all variants of aircrafts eh?

and i cam across this at an airbus website..

source

there is a facility here in malaysia??anyone can clarify this?

Composites Technology Research Malaysia Sdn Bhd (CTRM) in Melaka supply composites parts to Airbus.

Asian Composites Manufacturing Sdn Bhd (ACM) in Kedah is a Boeing subcontractor.

:drinks:

They make parts of the wing over there in Melaka . Quite a large plant they have there too .

They are even making parts for the A32x , A33x and A34x aircraft .

And I met a guy last week, who's a COO of a company in Cyberjaya

doing airframe design trouble shooting for Airbus... including the A400M...