MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benny Zheng

Six hurt during Airbus A330 test flight

Six people were in hospital, two with serious injuries, on Wednesday after a depressurisation incident during the test flight of an Airbus A330 to be delivered to Air Mauritius, firefighters said.

European manufacturer Airbus said two of the 10 people on board the wide-body commercial passenger plane at the time of the test suffered various kinds of injuries and four were undergoing tests for health problems due to the depressurisation.

The six were in a hospital in the southwestern city of Toulouse where Airbus is based.

A company spokeswoman said two people would remain under observation in hospital on Wednesday night after having been "unconscious for a while".

Firefighters said those hospitalised were suffering from spine injuries and ear drum problems.

"Because of a sudden depressurisation the pilot pulled the plane down quickly, in line with procedure, causing those on board standing or walking about to fall," said Airbus.

The plane landed normally at Toulouse-Blagnac airport.

On November 15 an Airbus A340-600 carrying out engine tests crashed into an anti-noise barrier at Toulouse airport, injuring 10 people.

Two of the passengers and another person on the ground were seriously injured.

The four-engined plane was destined for Abu Dhabi-based carrier Etihad Airways. It can carry between 380 and 472 passengers depending on the model.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp.../313019/1/.html

an Airbus again, they should rename it Airbust.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Wah.. In a month so many case about Airbus, realy unluck for Airbus Industrian. :pardon: Their Airbus selling sure will get affected.

Airbus busted again...

How come the computer allows the pilots to pull down? I thought computer is more superior that human on Airbus...

do u mean the system that prevents the aircraft to overbank or go into a dive mode ?

This is getting very interesting!!! I wonder if these are really accidents or human induced?? I wonder too if they covered up mishaps previously? Is this Boeing's way of getting back at Airbus by pushing these accidents news to the media?

I thought long pencil got problem only, shorty pencil also can patah from the inside ah??? Airbusted for sure.... I mean i thought during test flight everyone should be strapped to their respective seats?? Someone walking around somemore as reported???? :blink:

do u mean the system that prevents the aircraft to overbank or go into a dive mode ?

As usual the media are not pilots,they usually like to report something akin to sensational news,what the test pilots did was probably an emergency descent.This is taught in the Sim incased of rapid depress prob.The actions are:

PF/CM1

1.Aircraft rapid Decomp.Silence warnhorn.Read ECAM.

2.Oxygen Mask on.Cx Coms.

3.ALT knob Turn and Pull,HDG knob Turn and Pull,SPD knob Pull

4.SPEED Brake deploy

If structure damage ,SPD not more than 250KIAS

If no damage

5.ALT set 10000FT or MORA if mountanous region,HDG 90degrees off track,SPD - MMO/VMO

Aircraft in Normal Law,so no prob.Airbus FBW aircraft have 4 laws (Normal Law,Alternate Law,Direct Law,Mech backup)

Sign in to follow this