MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

Air Miss in BKI?

Rumour that a Maswings took off the wrong rwy at BKI on 2nd Oct. Suppose rwy 20 but they t/o rwy 02. Nearly collide with AK on approach rwy 20.

Can anyone confirm?

:drinks:

Haven't heard anything about it, but it is not impossible. The pilots are carried over from FAX anyway, but now wearing MAS ties.

Capt. Radzi, if this is what really happened, will the pilot be punished by some kind of law or something else(suspend license for a certain period,etc..)?

Capt. Radzi, if this is what really happened, will the pilot be punished by some kind of law or something else(suspend license for a certain period,etc..)?

Only if it is clearly their fault.

Rumour that a Maswings took off the wrong rwy at BKI on 2nd Oct. Suppose rwy 20 but they t/o rwy 02. Nearly collide with AK on approach rwy 20.

Can anyone confirm?

1st rumours is just a rumours and where u heard it from? If that's true, there should be report on that incidence. Sorry, i didnt mean to cause any confusion or offence :rolleyes:

1st rumours is just a rumours and where u heard it from? If that's true, there should be report on that incidence. Sorry, i didnt mean to cause any confusion or offence :rolleyes:

Well I don't think that it would be neccesary to have reported. AK used to have good PR that most of the incident would not be reported. "MAYBE" this is the case now so no reports were made.

I'd still file a report of near miss, and lodge a very strong complaint

if as per the 1st post stated "nearly collide",

PR or no PR... :pardon: ...

But I think it's just rumours...

However, there was a similar case happened in Miri several years ago... but that's another story :pardon:

I'd still file a report of near miss, and lodge a very strong complaint

if as per the 1st post stated "nearly collide",

PR or no PR... :pardon: ...

But I think it's just rumours...

However, there was a similar case happened in Miri several years ago... but that's another story :pardon:

mind to share the story?

I experienced this situation in Miri in 1994 (if this can be considered as air miss)

I still remembered, 10-15 seconds after our 734 take off, the pilot make strange move, look like to avoid something in front of us

The strange move that I mean is, from the climbing position turn to something like descending position

THen, from the right window seat, I can see the Fokker on approach above of our a/c

Really really near ...

Edited by Nizam

This rumour (if true) sound like as if the pilot of MasWings is at fault. Isn't it the ATC's instructions to takeoff from rwy 20.... therefore ATC is at fault.....unless ATC specified rwy 02 but MasWings pilot misheared it as rwy 20.

If MasWings was wrong, then ATC should have noticed it from the tower and warn pilot of the error.

This rumour (if true) sound like as if the pilot of MasWings is at fault. Isn't it the ATC's instructions to takeoff from rwy 20.... therefore ATC is at fault.....unless ATC specified rwy 02 but MasWings pilot misheared it as rwy 20.

If MasWings was wrong, then ATC should have noticed it from the tower and warn pilot of the error.

Yes exactly, they can see it from the tower and should have directed the pilot for the propery runway.

Understand DCA ATS Division conducted an investigation immediately. Controller was relieved from operational position and re-rostered to non-operational position. This is a non-punitive action to protect both the controller and the organisation. Investigation was completed on 10 Oct and showed that ATC did not contribute to the aircraft mistakenly taking off from Rwy 02. Controller was re-instated for operational duty on 10th. Controller reminded the flight crew to "expedite line up Rwy 20" when the aircraft was abeam Twy F. When the aircraft was seen rotating, controller took corrective action and the landing aircraft was recleared to the west of the field.

Again, 90% of rumours in the country is true.

Interesting.

Where did the Fokker enter the runway from? Juliet? Or Golf?

Understand DCA ATS Division conducted an investigation immediately. Controller was relieved from operational position and re-rostered to non-operational position. This is a non-punitive action to protect both the controller and the organisation. Investigation was completed on 10 Oct and showed that ATC did not contribute to the aircraft mistakenly taking off from Rwy 02. Controller was re-instated for operational duty on 10th. Controller reminded the flight crew to "expedite line up Rwy 20" when the aircraft was abeam Twy F. When the aircraft was seen rotating, controller took corrective action and the landing aircraft was recleared to the west of the field.

Again, 90% of rumours in the country is true.

mind to tell us where and how you got this news?

anyway, thanks for sharing.

Sign in to follow this