MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

Hong Kong Express to KUL and CGK

Mayer, thanks for the info and welcome to MalaysianWings.

Can't believe that the Embraer 170 only had a brief stint with HK Express! :(

Edited by S V Choong

Mayer, thanks for the info and welcome to MalaysianWings.

Can't believe that the Embraer 170 only had a brief stint with HK Express! :(

Choong, it is all because the investment of Hainan Airlines, all the business development strategics seem changed.

Liam, thanks for clearing the status of VH-SWO up. While I read about a month ago the difficult financial situation faced by Solomon Air, I was not aware (I even hoped it would not happen, considering their beautiful livery) that it had definitively stopped operating the E170
The flights are now ops by an Ozjet 732 if i'm not mistaken. The E-jet series is well known for their lack of payload capacity, especially on the 2000km sectors out of BNE to the islands, more often than not, all cargo and even some pax bags had to be left behind! This is the reason National Jet systems down here turned them down a couple of years ago when the demonstrator was in town.

Choong, it is all because the investment of Hainan Airlines, all the business development strategics seem changed.

HKA colourscheme and Hainan's new colour-scheme, indeed, very similar :pardon:

HKA colourscheme and Hainan's new colour-scheme, indeed, very similar :pardon:

Not similar, they are with the same pattern. Just the colors are different.

Hi Sneeze,

about their service to KUL, do you know where I can find more about their timing and fare structure? I am planning a South China trip this coming December, and this information could be useful for me.

Hi Sneeze,

about their service to KUL, do you know where I can find more about their timing and fare structure? I am planning a South China trip this coming December, and this information could be useful for me.

No fare structure that I can have it from their site. I will keep eyes for you.

No fare structure that I can have it from their site. I will keep eyes for you.

Thanks Sneeze. As of this moment, I won't be touching HK soil, but I will linger a day or 2 in Shenzhen. However, if this HK express thing works out, then I may have an excuse to enter HK to claim my Hui Lau San from you.

Well getting over the false flights shown on KLIA's website and FIDS screens, HongKong Express has started flights in KL daily (from last monday 12th), and unfortunately unlike the false flights (which were late arvo arrivals) these flights are at night, but none the less nice to get another winglet-equipped 737 operator in KL!

MORE CAN BE FOUND HERE!

MTB or LCCT @ KUL ? :huh:

Would be nice for the die-hards to make some more night-shots !!! :pardon:

Gotta fly on it to KUL in the coming few months for twice, plan not yet come solid, but most likely during CNY and Easter holiday.

Departure time is really suck. Night in, ""Early" back......

Worrying..... <_>

Main terminal if the false flights were anything to by. As the one I was expecting had been assigned C13 (meaning a nice taxi in front of the obs deck).

Sneeze, just think positive in regards to the flight times, you'll get a whole day in KL before you leave!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Sneeze, just think positive in regards to the flight times, you'll get a whole day in KL before you leave!

Yes, you are right, but.......will be arrive home at around 0300 ~_~

Class S - HK1550

Class V - HK1800

Quotation from travel agent website

Thanks Sneeze. One of my association buddies may try HKG to KUL one way. I can't find the fare on the HK express website. Do you have any idea where I can find this information on the web?